Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

To anyone that has authentic just don Lakers shorts,(gold version), does the inside of the waistband have the year and team name stitched on the inside?

Ive seen quite a few possibly high quality fakes that doesn’t have that. I’m not 100% sure if that’s an indicator, so if you own those shorts can you confirm? There is also another edbayin sighting on grailed as he was selling high quality fakes for quite a while too, right?

After reviewing some pics out there an even a video review on YouTube, the waistband doesn’t have the year of the team on the gold version of the Lakers shorts. I wonder why?

EDIT: my purple Lakers just don don’t have the year or team stitched on the waistband either...brand new from oneness

Last edited:
Yea I’d do one small barely noticeable pocket on the shorts, preferably non logo side but don’t really see myself doing all that. I’ll just rock the waist/shoulder bag in the warmer months

MITCHELL AND NESS 1996 JERSEYS ARE UP ON FANATICS AND FLYING!
USA 1.JPG

USA 2.JPG

LINK: Search Results - Fanatics.com

I don’t really get why y’all would get authentics when swingmans have pockets. Is it that much of a burden when you have to alter these shorts and spend even more for some b-ball shorts??? I get the jerseys but shorts 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hard for me to get someone choosing swingmans over authentics other than to save money. I mean I understand the pockets a little bit, but the quality difference on authentics vs. newer swingmans is substantial.

I say newer swingmans because some older swingmans are closer to the authentics.

Hard for me to get someone choosing swingmans over authentics other than to save money. I mean I understand the pockets a little bit, but the quality difference on authentics vs. newer swingmans is substantial.

I say newer swingmans because some older swingmans are closer to the authentics.

Nah, I guess the money is one thing, but the pockets are something that I just need.

Wallet, cell, keys, gum ect.....

The waistband is a big deal though, but other then that what is the big differences between swingman and authentics.

Just copped my first two pair and they were swingmans.

And not for nothing, yall didn't warn me on how long ground shipping took.

Ordered last week and just got my shipping information!

Nah, I guess the money is one thing, but the pockets are something that I just need.

The waistband is a big deal though, but other then that what is the big differences between swingman and authentics.

Yeah pockets are crucial. The authentics are also heavier so wearing them when it’s really hot could be an issue for people who get hot easily

Buy a pair of authentics and youll see the difference.

Are you against a bag? That’s where I put all of that stuff when I’m wearing authentic shorts.

Based on how flimsy swingmans are, I’d imagine if you put all of the things you just mentioned in them at one time, they’d slide out.

Also, yea M&N shipping is trash.

Are you against a bag? That’s where I put all of that stuff when I’m wearing authentic shorts.

Based on how flimsy swingmans are, I’d imagine if you put all of the things you just mentioned in them at one time, they’d slide out.

Also, yea M&N shipping is trash.

Im in my mid 30s.

Im old school.

I store things in my cars cupholders and in my pockets.

Carrying a bag for a couple items seems unnecessary.

But ill eventually cop a pair of authentics because some of them do look drastically different with the detailed waistband (Grizzlies).

But just cooped my first pairs, 97'-98' red Bulls and 95'-96' green Sonics.

I'll give these a run and then I'll run back.

Im in my mid 30s.

Im old school.

I store things in my cars cupholders and in my pockets.

Carrying a bag for a couple items seems unnecessary.

But ill eventually cop a pair of authentics because some of them do look drastically different with the detailed waistband (Grizzlies).

But just cooped my first pairs, 97'-98' red Bulls and 95'-96' green Sonics.

I'll give these a run and then I'll run back.
I started with swingmans too but once I switched to authentics I haven’t looked back. Adding pockets isn’t a big deal, I got a tailor who adds 2 pockets for $25

I’m definitely not carrying a bag because I want to take my phone and car keys out the house...

No pockets is a deal breaker for me - although I have had them added before which makes the shorts much more useful. Before that I barely wore them - even going to the gym meant I had nowhere to put my locker key.

Back
Top Bottom