Official NBA 2k13 Thread

I really don't get it.

Not a huge deal, but its still detail. When was the last time OKC wore white socks and shoes with their away uniforms? Even if they don't get the shoes right in the game, at least get the accessories like sock color and shoe color correct. Is it really that difficult? The same thing goes for a number of teams like the Kings, Blazers, etc. from 2k12. Both teams wore black on black at home.

Last edited:
BRoy will show the doubters and hopefully that stream wasnt the final product that sock things kinda erks me still details 2k details

no way on earth brandon roy should be rated that high. dude can barely walk. smh.
Not sure if serious

why wouldnt i be serious? last i heard his knees where bone on bone. anybody can look good in practice. game speed changes everything. case in point, Gilbert Arenas. dude balled like no hair in practice and was utter trash in game. i'm not hating on broy, that was my guy. it hurt to see him leave the way he did, i thought he was great. and i'm happy he's back, but I'm not gonna gas him up off what he used to do, if i know his body isn't the same. thats like giving kobe a 95 in dunks, knowing good damn well he's not that guy anymore.

roll.gif

I really don't get it.

Not a huge deal, but its still detail. When was the last time OKC wore white socks and shoes with their away uniforms? Even if they don't get the shoes right in the game, at least get the accessories like sock color and shoe color correct. Is it really that difficult? The same thing goes for a number of teams like the Kings, Blazers, etc. from 2k12. Both teams wore black on black at home.
this is the stuff i'm talking about.  Stuff like this should have been fixed, but instead we get to choose what stupid looking

suit we wear to the arena for a 10 second cut-scene.

I really don't get it.

Agreed.

It irked me seeing LeBron and Ray Allen wearing black arm sleeves at home when they should be white.

2k has LeBron's headband color correct, why can't they do the same with the rest of his accessories.

NBA Live doesn't do a lot of things right, but they've always been on point when it comes accessories.

I really don't get it.

Agreed.

It irked me seeing LeBron and Ray Allen wearing black arm sleeves at home when they should be white.

2k has LeBron's headband color correct, why can't they do the same with the rest of his accessories.

NBA Live doesn't do a lot of things right, but they've always been on point when it comes accessories.

Yet their gameplay sucks. Give me gameplay over accessories anyday.

I always find it funny when they mess up on the accessories . Even the Jordan colorways they screwed up on. I just feel like that stuff is so simple why can't they fix it .

But besides that the game looks :smokin

I really don't get it.

Agreed.

Yet their gameplay sucks. Give me gameplay over accessories anyday.
Not suggesting I prefer accessories over gameplay, just don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive, especially given how much detail 2k puts into their game.

Not suggesting I prefer accessories over gameplay, just don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive, especially given how much detail 2k puts into their game.

Exactly.

If you cannot fix the minor issues with accessories (that's been going on for years), why add stupid stuff like being able to do a hand stand before the start of the game? I guess 2K knows that we will buy the game anyway and they don't care to change anything like that.

The stupid part about this is that some of their roster updates DO change the color of the accessories for teams. So, why not just fix the damn thing in the first place?

2k will never not drop the ball with the player models its something I've come to accept at this point. They spend next to no time on it from what I've seen and I just assume that they port the models from last year's game over and make minor tweaks. Since 2k10 only one character model has blown me away year after year with its detail and accuracy and thats kobes. Especially the shorts, it feels like the shorts were designed on kobes model and pasted on to everyone else's. When the shorts move you never seen them go through Kobe and his leg shows up yet it happens to everyone else.

I didn't watch the video yet but I've heard mixed reviews as well as read them here and thats mostly what I expected. How was the on ball defense though is it really back or is 2k blowing smoke?

Lol at people saying that stuff ike this doesn't matter. It clearly does would you want to play with gray blocks as characters? This is supposed to be a nba simulation so wanting it to be as accurate to real life as possible is a very reasonable request

Game play obviously trumps it but still

Last edited:
2k will never not drop the ball with the player models its something I've come to accept at this point. They spend next to no time on it from what I've seen and I just assume that they port the models from last year's game over and make minor tweaks. Since 2k10 only one character model has blown me away year after year with its detail and accuracy and thats kobes. Especially the shorts, it feels like the shorts were designed on kobes model and pasted on to everyone else's. When the shorts move you never seen them go through Kobe and his leg shows up yet it happens to everyone else.

I didn't watch the video yet but I've heard mixed reviews as well as read them here and thats mostly what I expected. How was the on ball defense though is it really back or is 2k blowing smoke?

Lol at people saying that stuff ike this doesn't matter. It clearly does would you want to play with gray blocks as characters? This is supposed to be a nba simulation so wanting it to be as accurate to real life as possible is the very reasonable request

cosign all of this.

its the little things that add up to make big things.

Lol at people saying that stuff ike this doesn't matter. It clearly does would you want to play with gray blocks as characters? This is supposed to be a nba simulation so wanting it to be as accurate to real life as possible is a very reasonable request

I think if we take a step back we can see 2K is as best as its going to get. The only way they get all of the little things right is to hire a panel of us as graphic consultants :lol:

Just look at NBA Live 13 to see how bad graphics can be... overall, 2K is "realistic enough"

was i the only one that thought the graphics were awful on that stream yesterday?? who knows, maybe they didnt play on an hd tv....but it looks like ps2 imo. players were boxey as hell. you see durants face/head...:smh:

things i noticed for me as a player. It looks like these guys pass more using the icon buttons then directional, i need to see how my style of passing works. Im tired of the turnovers.

lmao @ westbrook complaning about a foul with 2 minutes left and the heat pushing the floor. I hope maturity isnt a sig skill. :lol:

dead @ that super honest commentary. I guess my tye is more emotion and rambling about what should be happening, where these guys went all special features dvd style.

Back
Top Bottom