Official NBA 2k13 Thread

was i the only one that thought the graphics were awful on that stream yesterday?? who knows, maybe they didnt play on an hd tv....but it looks like ps2 imo. players were boxey as hell. you see durants face/head...:smh:

yeah, for me i remember jump from 10-11-12, the graphics & animation were def a noticeable upgrade. this time it seemed like just 2k12 with very slight tweak

The passing in this game is awful, but its been like that EVERY YEAR. You'll see dudes 2ft apart throwing the ball overhead with 2 hands. Early in that video Kevin Durant did a hookshot pass to Westbrook who was... 2ft away from him, WTF? Overhead 2 hand pass on a fastbreak? How the ****?! You know 99% of the time a fast break pass (that is not bounced) is used with one hand.
The passing is unrealistic, which in hand make a game look goofy. This should be address for next years game.

100 percent agree with this. Passing looks straight out silly

2k will never not drop the ball with the player models its something I've come to accept at this point. They spend next to no time on it from what I've seen and I just assume that they port the models from last year's game over and make minor tweaks. Since 2k10 only one character model has blown me away year after year with its detail and accuracy and thats kobes. Especially the shorts, it feels like the shorts were designed on kobes model and pasted on to everyone else's. When the shorts move you never seen them go through Kobe and his leg shows up yet it happens to everyone else.

I didn't watch the video yet but I've heard mixed reviews as well as read them here and thats mostly what I expected. How was the on ball defense though is it really back or is 2k blowing smoke?

Lol at people saying that stuff ike this doesn't matter. It clearly does would you want to play with gray blocks as characters? This is supposed to be a nba simulation so wanting it to be as accurate to real life as possible is a very reasonable request

Game play obviously trumps it but still
crazy thing is they could probably fix it with a software update.
2ksports fix something?

The thing that bothers me most about every iteration of 2K is that the PC modders can nail faces, jerseys and accessories colors within weeks of the game releasing. I feel like they should take a step and reach out to some of the more talented modders on the forums the same way they reached out to youtube commentators for gameplay this year. To be honest I suspect they simply don't care enough about fixing these things.

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me most about every iteration of 2K is that the PC modders can nail faces, jerseys and accessories colors within weeks of the game releasing. I feel like they should take a step and reach out to some of the more talented modders on the forums the same way they reached out to youtube commentators for gameplay this year. To be honest I suspect they simply don't care enough about fixing these things.
PREACH TO EM SIR. Its to the point where I dont even go look at what the PC kids have anymore cause I know it'll upset me.

I'm not expecting PC quality cause consoles are way far back specs wise like always but I've seen things on PC that really are doable for consoles, and at the very least get the accessories right which really just takes looking at a decent amount of game tape. Everyone here has made valid points regarding the player models. 2K has stressed presentation and for some reason they dont think that this is a part of it. Give me the same menu screen every year if I can have the jerseys, floors, and shoes look better

2K has stressed presentation

Which is why I have little hope that anything will change. MJ was the signature past two 2Ks; Yet no one bothered to even get the color blocking on his shoes correct. I'm not talking about getting DeSagana Diop's shoes correct, Im talking about Jordan the guy who is on the front cover, whose shoes are an integral part of the MyPlayer game mode for both visual and performance reasons. Its just poor finish and speaks volumes about how much they care about "presentation"; it seems like their idea of presentation is an overlay with glitter effects and chrome filters on the old menus.

Do it right or don't do it at all. If they going to half *** the shoes, they might as well just go back to the all white and all black generics from the old 2K.

Dudes are complaining about shoes in a video game though :smh:

no dudes are complaining about shoes in a BASKETBALL game, where footwear is a part of the culture. and the fact that the dev's have given us such a large assortment, but the fact they weren't done correctly, well that rubs people the wrong way. They feel teased. and what you may find to be a small detail, evidently is not, as if it was so small, it would've been taken care of 2 seasons ago. :wink:

no dudes are complaining about shoes in a BASKETBALL game, where footwear is a part of the culture. and the fact that the dev's have given us such a large assortment, but the fact they weren't done correctly, well that rubs people the wrong way. They feel teased. and what you may find to be a small detail, evidently is not, as if it was so small, it would've been taken care of 2 seasons ago. :wink:

At the end of the day what matters most is the gameplay, well at least for me. Shoes matter on NT, but ask most consumers and they could care less.

shoes and the color of socks :rofl:

dudes will nitpick at anything..I could care less if they made every player wear green socks, I just want good gameplay and for them to make online with no lag or other problems like the 3 pt percentage last year :smh:

I would like to know what the 2k buyers demographic looks like 

how many actually get fully immersed into the game mechanics, statistics, realism etc.

vs. the pick up and play types, that place a lot a value in the visual presentation

there is a balance that needs to be maintained and so far one area has been all but ignored

for the past 2 or 3 editions.

I don't care for a lot of the online stuff, hall of fame teams, players etc. but I know

it has it's place regardless of whether or not i'm interested in it...

Last edited:
Dudes are complaining about shoes in a video game though
mean.gif
no dudes are complaining about shoes in a BASKETBALL game, where footwear is a part of the culture. and the fact that the dev's have given us such a large assortment, but the fact they weren't done correctly, well that rubs people the wrong way. They feel teased. and what you may find to be a small detail, evidently is not, as if it was so small, it would've been taken care of 2 seasons ago.
wink.gif
At the end of the day what matters most is the gameplay, well at least for me. Shoes matter on NT, but ask most consumers and they could care less.
Dudes are complaining about shoes in a video game though
mean.gif
shoes and the color of socks
roll.gif

dudes will nitpick at anything..I could care less if they made every player wear green socks, I just want good gameplay and for them to make online with no lag or other problems like the 3 pt percentage last year
mean.gif
You guys are purposely missing the point......

No one said it was the end all be all, but on a Next gen console, when you are making a game that is supposed to replicate the actual sport and the experience, you cant expect people to be pleased when lack of attention is paid to things that make the game seem more authentic. It wouldnt be such an issue if every other sports game didnt do it right and had to do it for more things. The player size is so much smaller in basketball and the jerseys are so much plainer than the other leagues it cannot be that hard, and top of that when you have stuff wrong for the franchise players, the faces of the league, what are people supposed to think. Theres a reason graphics are included in grades.

I primarily play online and get over the lack of attention to detail within the first few days but that is not an excuse for them to ignore it year after year after year after year. Since when is it a crime to demand excellence from people you're giving $60 every year? The people who should and do have the best product and want to continue to have it should be listening to feedback, ALL THE FEEDBACK

There shouldnt be a give to get we should have BOTH

Last edited:

no dudes are complaining about shoes in a BASKETBALL game, where footwear is a part of the culturesport itself. and the fact that the dev's have given us such a large assortment, but the fact they weren't done correctly, well that rubs people the wrong way. They feel teased. and what you may find to be a small detail, evidently is not, as if it was so small, it would've been taken care of 2 seasons ago. :wink:

You can't wear cleats to a basketball game, they're equipment. Everyone has bought in on the notion that shoes with a rubber bottom, or sneakers, are for rocking. When 98% of sneakers produced were design for the purpose of playing a particular sport. They're part of the sport. Its almost like have a black basketball with tan strips, giving the option to customize the ball and then making it where the stripes can be every color EXCEPT black.

BUT...because its a virtual experience, it is kinda trivial in the grand scheme of things. I'd trade realistic looking basketball shoes for better CPU off-ball IQ for any day of the week.

I would like to know what the 2k buyers demographic looks like 
how many actually get fully immersed into the game mechanics, statistics, realism etc.
vs. the pick up and play types, that place a lot a value in the visual presentation
there is a balance that needs to be maintained and so far one area has been all but ignored
for the past 2 or 3 editions.

I don't care for a lot of the online stuff, hall of fame teams, players etc. but I know
it has it's place regardless of whether or not i'm interested in it...

I never really played online with 2k. Only a couple times with my buddy. I usually just do My Player and Association.

It'd be cool for 2k to accurately do the headbands/other accessories, but to be quite honest I don't really even notice it in the real game, so it wouldn't matter to me if they got it wrong in a video game. Shoes, yes I care more about, but it's not a gamebreaker.

PC for me this year, though, so no qualms from me.

DC do you guys release your rosters on PS3 too?

I recently made the switch from 360 to the PS

Back
Top Bottom