Official NBA 2k13 Thread

:lol: I made chalmers fall twice in one game. Am I the only that switched sides after every basket and just played offense the whole quarter? >D
Twice in one game? That is sad. When we edit the rosters we damn sure won't be giving anyone Ankle Breaker Signature Skill. That is a got damn shame.

I don't have an issue w/ this. Proper positioning and beating the ballhandler to his spot seemed to work for me in '12 and in the '13 demo. I have no problem keeping Lebron in front me using Durant except for the occasional blow by.

This is my worry too, and since I haven't taken it online I couldn't judge how much you can guard and prevent the drive (like you said) and how much it's a crapshoot once they get the animation. Hopefully your experience holds true.

Already some lames on the online matchup. Dude would constantly try setting up a charge when I am inbounding the ball and taking my first dribble. He got me twice with that @#!$. I understand if you want to play full court press but setting up charges on the other side of the court SMH. And then the other dudes that would constantly press start when you are doing FTs. Dudes are way too serious with a damn demo.

Already some lames on the online matchup. Dude would constantly try setting up a charge when I am inbounding the ball and taking my first dribble. He got me twice with that @#!$. I understand if you want to play full court press but setting up charges on the other side of the court SMH. And then the other dudes that would constantly press start when you are doing FTs. Dudes are way too serious with a damn demo.
That is YOUR fault. No reason you should be getting got with that full court charge cheese man. :lol:

That is YOUR fault. No reason you should be getting got with that full court charge cheese man. :lol:

regardless thats one of the lamest things you can do while playing..... setting up for charges on the other side of the ball .... or the dudes who try & blend in with the midcourt logo's for charges its all lame as ****.... im not setting up for a charge anywhere outside of the paint/basket.....not on the damn three point line trying to catch me with a bs charge call while im walking the ball up the court

Last edited:
Yeah but if you are doing that dribble move that locks you in the animation then the dude sets a charge before you can alter the dribble to the right or left. I'll just need to keep focus when inbounding then.

EDIT: I had a game where it was tied and it did not go into a 2nd quarter. Why would it anyway, it's not like we are playing the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Live gameplay stream from the 2K launch event at NYC's 40/40 with Jay-Z and Meek Mill.

I can confirm Kinect is pure crack for NBA 2K13.

Makes the game smoother and more natural. It's like playing pickup ball.

Last edited:
"Pick and roll baby is pick and roll Battier".

:rofl:

Didn't even know that was Battier, was like who's that white guy on the court. Same with Thabo. :lol:

d/l the demo earlier and tried it, it's cool. you can tell the gameplay is must faster than 2k12, but it's only a demo so not much you can do but wait for the final version

dl'd the demo a little earlier. that video above just gave me reason to pull my kinect out of storage at give it a try. it makes the game just feel so natural and even smoother than it already was. preordered from amazon after i realized i ran the demo for an hr 1/2 straight :x can't wait, looks like 2k is back in full force this year.

EDIT: my only complaint so far, and it's a minor one, is that it looks damn near identical to 2k12. i know they used the same engine n all but i can't see any discernible difference. that said, i'm glad the focus on gameplay seems to have paid off so far

Last edited:
played a couple games, its smooth. Gonna have to get used to the dribble stick tho.

One thing is that the players faces dont look as good as years before??

dl'd the demo a little earlier. that video above just gave me reason to pull my kinect out of storage at give it a try. it makes the game just feel so natural and even smoother than it already was. preordered from amazon after i realized i ran the demo for an hr 1/2 straight :x can't wait, looks like 2k is back in full force this year.

EDIT: my only complaint so far, and it's a minor one, is that it looks damn near identical to 2k12. i know they used the same engine n all but i can't see any discernible difference. that said, i'm glad the focus on gameplay seems to have paid off so far

I've noticed some differences. True, there are some of the same layup/dunk animations, but players react to bumps different and player adjust their shots to certain situations as well. My main complaint is the cartoonish graphics. I think they took a step back in that department.

But gameplay over everything, so I'm not tripping too hard.

Last edited:
Presentation is god awful, dont like the transition from dribbling to shooting like if I'm trying to dribble drive for a baseline.slam I'll just wind up under the hoop and have to lay it in just doesn't feel smooth but i thought shooting and dribbling with the same stick was a bad idea anyway maybe i just got to get used to it

Back
Top Bottom