Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Graphics are gonna look like **** until PS4 and 720 release. 2K doesn't tune their graphics every year like Madden does.

what can you do with the kinect?
Call Plays basically in the demo. 

For instance, I will bring the ball up and pass to Wade and Call for screen. If they double Wade I kick to the screener for a jumper. Also you can tell a player to cut to the basket then throw down the hammer with an alley oop. I was killing them with Bosh and Lebron. 

Presentation is god awful, dont like the transition from dribbling to shooting like if I'm trying to dribble drive for a baseline.slam I'll just wind up under the hoop and have to lay it in just doesn't feel smooth but i thought shooting and dribbling with the same stick was a bad idea anyway maybe i just got to get used to it
At first I didnt like it either but then I remembered this is a simulation. You arent going to be able to dunk everything. Once I stopped  trying to cheese with Lebron and Wade and started running plays and realistic dribbling moves I was owning the CPU.

I actually love the contact physics in the game. 

daaa daa duhhhhhhhh

its time....

shoes....

i wish they would've shown some j's on there, but the amount of options looks good. looks like we may finally get a chance to edit the shoes the way we want. interesting...

Last edited:
I've noticed some differences. True, there are some of the same layup/dunk animations, but players react to bumps different and player adjust their shots to certain situations as well. My main complaint is the cartoonish graphics. I think they took a step back in that department.
But gameplay over everything, so I'm not tripping too hard.

ya, i've noticed that the physics of this game is greatly improved. i was commenting more on the graphics alone than anything. the gameplay, as a whole, just feels more fluid and realistic which is a welcomed improvement and got me excited for this release unlike last year w/ the lockout where i felt like purchasing was more of a chore than anything

EDIT: developers getting Tinker in the game is a nice touch for snearkerheads. just adds to the production value of the entire product, as cheesy as some of the menus may look

Last edited:
daaa daa duhhhhhhhh
its time....
shoes....

i wish they would've shown some j's on there, but the amount of options looks good. looks like we may finally get a chance to edit the shoes the way we want. interesting...

wow that actually looks pretty cool.

i hope they bring the air jordans back that you can buy for your xbox avatar... bought 4 pairs for my avatar then months later got banned for life. went back to buy them again for my avatar and they were gone :/

Brooklyn Nets intro
http://www.operationsports.com/news/580968/nba-2k13-video-brooklyn-nets-intro/
Probably the sickest intro yet in a sports game.
Doesn't play for me.
smokin.gif
 ///<>\\\

Back
Top Bottom