Official NBA 2k15 Thread

quick release because good defenders can cover the entire court to put a hand in your face with regular timing.

Finally started playing online quick matches. Blazers are filthy. Hit a game winning 3 with Dame with 0.5 left in the game. I could hear dude throw his controller against the wall :lol: Too much fun. 4-0 so far.

so the newest patch fixed online association, hit me up on PSN if yall wanna get down, im trynna host a 32 team jawn

melo dont work in rec

i dunno what the patch fixed, but i know you can start associations now

i got like 10 heads right now. if you dont get 30 teams, those teams not controlled aren't even in the season

._.

Tried the Park and Jordan gym. Takes too long to even get in a game.

you gotta come with 5.

still takes super long

especially if you got legends, whole teams will abandon 5 game win streaks and you gotta wait for people to get on.

if you squad up you can only play the team on the FAR end away from you

if you get on that far end by yourself, you can play either got next or squad

i.e. you can't play a team lining up directly next to them, no matter what.

rec is all i play as far as myplayer.

Operation Sports Forums - View Single Post - Would anyone else like to see a randomize potential option? http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2047134341&postcount=11
Potential isn't static and changes from year to year. I've gone in depth about this in a roster thread too, but here goes again:

- For players that are young and still developing/progressing, Potential is the max they can potentially reach overall wise. It is not guaranteed, and injuries or not enough playing time can limit a player's progression, as well as the dice rolls to make each experience feel fresh and different (to an extent, we don't want the game doing crazy different things). If a player doesn't progress enough to maintain the possibility of reaching his potential overall at his peak, we will drop his potential to reflect that accordingly at the end of the season.

So let's say you have a player that starts at a 68 with a potential of 82. He's 22, so he still has time to get there. His team plays him a lot, he strayed away from injuries, he had a good year, the stars aligned for him to get a good dice roll, he develops at the max we would allow him: he's now at a (say) 71, with a potential of 82.

Let's say that same player played 10 games before going down for the season with a torn ACL, missing the rest. He spends most of the year in rehab, not being able to hone and practice his craft. Offseason progression can barely make up for all the lost time during the season, and he stays a 68 at the end of the year. It's mathematically impossible for him to be an 82 at his peak now, so his potential drops to a 78. If his stars align and the rest of his career goes well, he can still be a 78, but not an 82.

So potential is varied, and only reflects the max a player can achieve if all the factors that go into progression align just right.

- For players on the downward/regressing slope, potential simply reflects the best overall they ever achieved, and tells us how much of their skill they have lost over time due to age so that we can adjust their regression pace. Potential does not change for players past their peak; it's a read-only value that reflects something in the past, and unless you have a time machine (or go into Edit Player), their potential will stay the same.

Potential range is something we can discuss internally, it's not a terrible idea. But having a "randomize potential" on-off switch sounds like one of those options that's so niche that you can't really justify it making it into the game, when roster editing is allowed.

DC thank you for bringing the option of having these convos on NT, i've been meaning to make a OS account but I keep forgetting my username/password 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I think the randomized potential is a good idea, I think potential should be fueled by the coaching staff. If it's randomized, then some players might not reach their expected ceiling when others skyrocket. For example, Noah Vonleh's overall right now is 72, Pot = 85, Wiggins is 80(?), Pot = 92. If it's randomized, then who's to say Vonleh will end up rated 90, when Wiggins will be a 78 in 5-8 years? At the same time, I guess it's not far fetch. 

If potential was coded into coaching, then maybe players who have relatively decent ceilings can develop into vital players. So for guys that have a potential b/w 70 - 82, they can still develop some sort of game that can help a team out. And their developed skills would be contingent to the characteristics of the coach (i.e. Oladipo becomes more of a defensive minded player under Thibodeau, Offensive minded under Carlisle, and a better overall talent under coach POP. 

Now of course there are going to be talents that transcend their coaching staff (I.E., LeBron, Durant, AD, Rose, Westbrook), so that's where the "Legendary Work Ethic" badge comes into play. Add it to a player who's potential won't waiver to bad coaching, coaches who lack skill, injuries, etc. Even though rose got hit with unfortunate set of injuries, he hasn't become a non factor for his team.

Last edited:
You are welcome man.

Sign up on OS. If you want to have some good BASKETBALL conversations about 2K, that is the place to go man. 

Back
Top Bottom