Official NBA 2k15 Thread

that was you??? lol... dude went in on that 0-40 screenshot... i knew it was fake cause the season just started.. lol
yeah, they a bunch of kids playing lol. so after i got kicked, a bunch of ppl quit the league as well. he asked if i hacked his account or something. smh

you gotta play your own d man, that's bush league if you're not
i play zone defense. Tell me how I can play on ball d? Lmfao
zone?

100.gif

What about a combination of on ball and off ball?

That's how I play....had one dude call me out on it and played on ball 100% the last two quarters and beat him by 16 :lol:

yeah, it's necessary to switch defenders , the off ball that's weak is dudes that just let the cpu do all the work while they hang out on the weak side and spectate

There is a difference between switching in certain positions and letting the CPU play defense. We all know the difference there

Yea dude you are taking away the human vs human experience if you are playing majority zone and letting the CPU play defense. 

What about a combination of on ball and off ball?

That's how I play....had one dude call me out on it and played on ball 100% the last two quarters and beat him by 16 :lol:

That's how I roll too. I play better on ball defense against guards than bigs.. So I let the CPU handle what I don't. Don't see a big deal with it...

The way I see it.. It's up to the opponent to stop it imo..

I don't get mad when cats zone, or press, etc.. There's a way to beat ANY strategy on the game.. Strategies and adjustments make the game fun to me

mogs always find something to cry about

why would i play on ball defense if you running pick and rolls? LMAO

why am i constantly switching defenders as you swing the ball around the top of the key?

why would i play the man with the ball instead of playing the man catching the pass?

LMAO

i've never complained about off ball defense cause i've always been able to put buckets on the CPUs head

play on HOF and off ball defense is funny to you.

mogs cry about zig zag.

if he is dribbling left and right

when he dribbles left, set a charge for when he comes back right.

i've fouled many people out of games like that.

mogs always got an excuse for why they can't win in videogames lmao

it's not about just being able to win and beat those things.  If wanted to play against the computer i would

beating that kind of play can be done for sure, but it's not fun.  And that's why I play to have fun, I can enjoy taking a loss from a better player more

Last edited:
mogs always find something to cry about

why would i play on ball defense if you running pick and rolls? LMAO

why am i constantly switching defenders as you swing the ball around the top of the key?

why would i play the man with the ball instead of playing the man catching the pass?

LMAO

i've never complained about off ball defense cause i've always been able to put buckets on the CPUs head

play on HOF and off ball defense is funny to you.

mogs cry about zig zag.

if he is dribbling left and right

when he dribbles left, set a charge for when he comes back right.

i've fouled many people out of games like that.

mogs always got an excuse for why they can't win in videogames lmao
no one said you couldn't win it's actually easier ..but what's point of playing online if you do that and it's just lame ..I've never met anyone that's good at 2k that's plays off ball d

I don't really mind zone. It's easy to break. It's just annoying when I pick a team like the Hornets and I'm like alright, ima run mad post up plays for Al Jefferson. Then the other team plays zone all game which means absolutely no post ups SMH.

Also annoying that the game just doesn't let you pick it apart as easily as they do in real life.

I don't really mind zone. It's easy to break. .

i guess i get my on-ball defensive lockdown fix in jordan rec.

(where you actually have to play actual on-ball defense)

so im supposed to check the point guard, and when he uses a pick, im supposed to trail him to the basket and watch him lay the ball up?

or, god forbid a dribble move works and i get beat, i'm supposed to just let dude score now, right? not switch?

he can pass the ball to someone else, but i can't switch or i'm garbage?

LMAO

i held the #1 baller, ASAP PJ NYC, to 7 points in a jordan rec game, and dropped 18.....

aint nobody stressing off ball defense in quick games

not every game you play is going to be against someone with skill

it's just funny that off-ball defense has been a consistent complaint about 2k

and it's never even slightly bothered me.

mogs will cry about lebron dunking on everyone and being unstoppable driving to the basket

but also have too much "pride" to control the center and wait for the lebron drive.

instead of countering something they perceive as "cheese" or "cheap"

mogs will just cry about it

"its a broken game"

"its unplayable"

"2k sucks so hard every year"

etc.

on another note

DC, i'm controlling 8 teams in an association

got all hometown god-squads, except spurs, they got all international players lmao

the draft worked nicely, and in the association mode, it gives you a slider for draft class strength, so i just put it on like 10, and edit the top players down a little.

one thing i'm seeing with the sliders, which maybe just needs tendency tweek, is that rebounding 4s and 5s who are scrappy literally score like 4 or 5 points a game, I played with tendencies a little bit in effort to match their previous stat-lines a little closer. It's tough trying to find that balance, youll have a dude averaging 5 points when he really does like 15 in real life, so you tweak his tendencies, now hes dropping 30 a night lol

it's been real fun tho, shout out to you and your team, the rosters play very nice on HoF simulation. shooting % and stat-lines are consistently realistic, without being predictable, i.e. youll have blowouts, youll come back from blowouts, youll blow leads, youll have close games, etc. it's not one-dimensional outcomes.

I don't really mind zone. It's easy to break. .

i guess i get my on-ball defensive lockdown fix in jordan rec.

(where you actually have to play actual on-ball defense)

so im supposed to check the point guard, and when he uses a pick, im supposed to trail him to the basket and watch him lay the ball up?

or, god forbid a dribble move works and i get beat, i'm supposed to just let dude score now, right? not switch?

he can pass the ball to someone else, but i can't switch or i'm garbage?

LMAO

i held the #1 baller, ASAP PJ NYC, to 7 points in a jordan rec game, and dropped 18.....

aint nobody stressing off ball defense in quick games

not every game you play is going to be against someone with skill

it's just funny that off-ball defense has been a consistent complaint about 2k

and it's never even slightly bothered me.

mogs will cry about lebron dunking on everyone and being unstoppable driving to the basket

but also have too much "pride" to control the center and wait for the lebron drive.

instead of countering something they perceive as "cheese" or "cheap"

mogs will just cry about it

"its a broken game"

"its unplayable"

"2k sucks so hard every year"

etc.

i think you have the wrong idea of what off ball d is

the off ball people are complaining about is people that just sit on one player and not do anything all game

no one said anything about not switching defenders.... 

Last edited:
Yeah. Off the ball defense is when you go out of your way to make sure you're NOT involved in the play. These are dudes that switch anytime the ball is within 15 feet of them. Scared to death of actually playing any sort of defense.

Back
Top Bottom