OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Man the Kings, need to make a move.............
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by HighRiser07

What a deal for the Thunder
eek.gif

Westbrook
Green
Durant
Griffin(?)
Chandler

Just ain't right
sick.gif
sick.gif
Unless he goes back to putting up them Boards and Blocks I don't see it. No one is going to set him up like CP3, now if he puts on some mass he'll be a problem.

True. All he really needs to do is just to be that defensive presence that he was in NO. OKC already has enough offensive pieces to get it done. IMO this is agreat trade for OKC, their future is starting to look a little brighter.

[h2]WizardsMay Consider Dealing 2009 1st Round Pick[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 1:35 PM EST

was_40.gif
TheWizards will have one of the top picks in the 2009 NBA Draft, but could possibly deal it because of their financial situation.

The team has about $75.9 million committed to contracts for next season, which would put them over the luxury-tax threshold.

If the Wizards were to deal the pick, they would likely try to attach a troublesome contract along with it.

The Wizards traded their previous lottery pick in 2004 to Dallas.

Via Washington Post

Washington Wizards

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Cavs Had VeteranMeeting To Discuss Amare[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 1:29 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Trade talks between the Suns and Cavaliers reached a point of such seriousness that Cleveland gathered a "committee" of veterans togauge how they would feel about acquiring Amare Stoudemire.

Phoenix reportedly received better offers than what Cleveland was willing to offer.

Via Plain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers, PhoenixSuns

[h2]Suns MayStill Deal Despite Recent Statements[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 12:51 PM EST

phx_40.gif
Areturn to the run-and-gun style under new coach Alvin Gentry would appear to make the Suns less likely to deal Amare Stoudemire. And one NBA source said theStoudemire trade discussions had "cooled" over All-Star weekend.

But another source with knowledge said not to rule out a trade involving the Suns. Owner Robert Sarver may want Steve Kerr to slash the approximate $5million in salary that puts the Suns above the NBA's luxury tax threshold.

Sarver's bank holding and real estate and investment companies may be on unstable financial ground with the country in a deep economic recession.

Via SI.com

Phoenix Suns

[h2]LaFrentz DrawingBetter Offers Than Amare?[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 12:45 PM EST

por_40.gif
TheSuns may or may not trade Amare Stoudemire, but there may be more of a demand for Portland's Raef LaFrentz and his expiring contract.

"If you asked owners in the league who they'd rather have right now, LaFrentz or Stoudemire, I think more than half of them would preferLaFrentz," one executive said. "That's how screwed up this thing has been. I guarantee you [Blazers GM] Kevin Pritchard has gotten better offersfor LaFrentz than the Suns have gotten for Stoudemire."

Gerald Wallace, Caron Butler and Richard Jefferson are the three players the Blazers are reportedly focusing on the most.

Portland sees Wallace as an ideal fit, but the Bobcats are trying to include Nazr Mohammed.

Via ESPN

Portland Trail Blazers, Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by HighRiser07

What a deal for the Thunder
eek.gif

Westbrook
Green
Durant
Griffin(?)
Chandler

Just ain't right
sick.gif
sick.gif

They about to be the 08/09 Blazers next season ftw!

I know right?
laugh.gif

Chris Bosh To Chicago???

I swear i hear every year how every player ever is going to Chicago.

I swear the Bulls would be no where if it wasn't for a hot jersey & Jordan.

from realgm:

BOSH TO BULLS, AMARE TO RAPTORS?

While Amare Stoudemire's name is still being linked to the Chicago Bulls, the latest scenario from the Chicago Sun-Times has the talented Phoenix Sunlanding north of the border with the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal, with the Bulls landing Chris Bosh.

Gar Forman, the Bulls' director of player personnel who's expected to become general manager once John Paxson gives up day-to-day duties, reportedlyhas taken the lead in the talks with the Suns.

It is believed that the Bulls would give up the expiring contract of Drew Gooden, talented young forward Tyrus Thomas, and a first-round draft pick in thedeal.

why in the world would New orleans do this trade?..

thier 2 games away from the Conference finals, and do a move like this?...

they are loosing 2 many peieces 2 fast..

lost pargo, i dont even this bonzi is on the team..

and now chandler?

picking up posey was a good move.. but WTH????

Like I said earlier, the Chicago Sun-Times always be floating out rumors.

In this scenario, what would a 3rd team get to make it worthwhile for them?

##$% ##$% ##$% ##$% ##$% I wanted Joe Smith back here in Cleveland!!!! LOVE the move for OKC though, that's going to be a fun team to watch.

Wally for Jamison straight-up is the most recent I'm reading around Cleveland...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

##$% ##$% ##$% ##$% ##$% I wanted Joe Smith back here in Cleveland!!!! LOVE the move for OKC though, that's going to be a fun team to watch.

Wally for Jamison straight-up is the most recent I'm reading around Cleveland...
If the Wizards do that...
smh.gif

damn...there goes any hope for the hornets this season. they gotta make a nice free agent pick up next off-season otherwise cp is gunna rot in NO til hedemands a trade or his contract is up.

this team is clearly not dedicated to winning.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Originally Posted by JDB1523

If the Wizards do that...
smh.gif
gotta be some picks involved

Wizards aren't doing anything anytime soon this postseason.

They are complaining that they too are having money problems as well.

Wally for Jamison works for the wizards and Like I have said in many of the game threads vs the WIZ, Jamison would have never come back to washington if Gilwasn't. Gil came back promising that he was healthy and now he may never play a game this year.

Jamison deserves to go to cleveland and try and get a ring.

as a warriors fan, no way i'm making that trade for bosh. that guts all our youth and hell, i'll say it: bosh would not resign with aging players likecrawford, jackson and maggette.

[h2]Shane & Artest? *+$@ outta here.
[/h2]
[h2]Sources: Nets, Rockets talk trade[/h2]
Comment http://sendtofriend.espn....er%20trade&id=3913836','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print By Chad Ford
ESPN.com
Archive

The Rockets and New Jersey Nets meet on the court Tuesday night in Houston. Will they beswapping more than baskets?

The two teams have exchanged Vince Carter trade proposals over the past few days,league sources told ESPN.com Tuesday.

[h4]Vince Carter[/h4] [h5]#15 SG
New Jersey Nets[/h5]
2009 STATS
  • GM52
  • PPG20.8
  • RPG5.1
  • APG4.9
  • FG%.439
  • FT%.815

Currently the teams are haggling over what the Nets will get in return for Carter. Sources say the Rockets have been pushing a trade that sends Tracy McGrady to the Nets for Carter and Trenton Hassell. However, the Nets are balking at taking back McGrady's contract.

McGrady is slated to make $22 million during the 2009-10 season. However, McGrady's contract comes off the books in the summer of 2010. The deal wouldsave the Nets roughly $21 million over the life of Carter's contract. The Nets would then have around $30 million in cap room to use in a stellarfree-agent market.

Sources say the Nets are also concerned about McGrady's health. McGrady has already missed 18 games this year. The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesdaythat McGrady missed Monday's practice and will not play against the Nets as he prepares to seek more opinions on his problematic left knee.

The Nets have countered with a proposal that would send Carter and Josh Boone tothe Nets for a combination of Ron Artest, Shane Battier, LutherHead and Carl Landry.

The Nets proposal is both financially and talent related. The contracts of Artest and Head expire this summer, clearing around $8 million off the team'scap in the summer of 2009. Sources say the team is looking for immediate cap relief in any deal for Carter. However, management doesn't want to completelygut the team and believes that Battier and Landry could play important roles in the future.

At this point sources say that the ball is in the Rockets' court. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Rockets were still mulling over the Nets' proposal.While the Rockets have strong interest in Carter, they may be reluctant to take on the remaining two years and $37 million left on his contract if theycan't move McGrady as part of the transaction. They would also lose two valuable pieces for them in Battier and Landry. Is Carter good enough to make upfor their losses?

The Rockets aren't the only team the Nets have spoken with concerning Carter. The DallasMavericks, San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers have all shown interest, though it sounds like the Rockets deal has the highestprobability of happening. The Rockets have been shopping McGrady hard over the past month to a number of teams but have struggled to find takers given hisinjury history and contract.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

I'm listening to KNBR right now and they are laughing at this trade proposal and saying no way that goes down. (Fitz & Brooks)

Jamison for Wally?!?!? *%!!+. For two+ seasons now, we have heard these absurd trade rumors to the Cavs. I seriously am starting to hate the Cavs because ofNT.

Like I said before, if rod can get that deal done, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING VINCE!

I have said all this season that this would be the time to move him but not at the expense of our playoff chances. (Sure we will see the exit in the firstround but still)

I want vince to stay and get us to the playoffs but if the time to trade him is now and for those pieces in return, I will do it. Keep Mr Band-Aid away from myteam. (by the way, he is not playing tonight)

Originally Posted by franchise3

[h2]Shane & Artest? *+$@ outta here.
[/h2]
[h2]Sources: Nets, Rockets talk trade[/h2]
Comment http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3913836#http://sendtofriend.espn....er trade&id=3913836','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print By Chad Ford
ESPN.com
Archive

The Rockets and New Jersey Nets meet on the court Tuesday night in Houston. Will they be swapping more than baskets?

The two teams have exchanged Vince Carter trade proposals over the past few days, league sources told ESPN.com Tuesday.

[h4]Vince Carter[/h4] [h5]#15 SG
New Jersey Nets[/h5]
2009 STATS
  • GM52
  • PPG20.8
  • RPG5.1
  • APG4.9
  • FG%.439
  • FT%.815

Currently the teams are haggling over what the Nets will get in return for Carter. Sources say the Rockets have been pushing a trade that sends Tracy McGrady to the Nets for Carter and Trenton Hassell. However, the Nets are balking at taking back McGrady's contract.

McGrady is slated to make $22 million during the 2009-10 season. However, McGrady's contract comes off the books in the summer of 2010. The deal would save the Nets roughly $21 million over the life of Carter's contract. The Nets would then have around $30 million in cap room to use in a stellar free-agent market.

Sources say the Nets are also concerned about McGrady's health. McGrady has already missed 18 games this year. The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesday that McGrady missed Monday's practice and will not play against the Nets as he prepares to seek more opinions on his problematic left knee.

The Nets have countered with a proposal that would send Carter and Josh Boone to the Nets for a combination of Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Carl Landry.

The Nets proposal is both financially and talent related. The contracts of Artest and Head expire this summer, clearing around $8 million off the team's cap in the summer of 2009. Sources say the team is looking for immediate cap relief in any deal for Carter. However, management doesn't want to completely gut the team and believes that Battier and Landry could play important roles in the future.

At this point sources say that the ball is in the Rockets' court. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Rockets were still mulling over the Nets' proposal. While the Rockets have strong interest in Carter, they may be reluctant to take on the remaining two years and $37 million left on his contract if they can't move McGrady as part of the transaction. They would also lose two valuable pieces for them in Battier and Landry. Is Carter good enough to make up for their losses?

The Rockets aren't the only team the Nets have spoken with concerning Carter. The Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers have all shown interest, though it sounds like the Rockets deal has the highest probability of happening. The Rockets have been shopping McGrady hard over the past month to a number of teams but have struggled to find takers given his injury history and contract.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

What is wrong the Rockets?
eyes.gif
If this actually happens

I think T-Mac's career is done, that's why they're trying to push him for Vince.

He's currently getting second opinions on his knee, and if dude does need microfracture, I dunno if this dude can come back from it.

But Rod is smoking if he thinks we're going to give him Artest, Shane AND Landry.

Back
Top Bottom