OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

seems like the rockets want to make a move just for the sake of doing something
they are fine, they are in fifth place in the western conference. they really havent had their full line up, they should just stand still or make some minortrade

I dont like that trade for the Hornets, it was a terrible move how can they get rid of their ONLY 7 footer?
i mean that pick and roll alley oop with CP3 and chandler, is golden.... now they cant run it anymore....
and David West is not that much of a beast to be the MAN in the middle

Thank You New Orleans Hoernets.... One less team for the Lakers to deal with
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by heat23

[h2]LaFrentz Drawing Better Offers Than Amare?[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 12:45 PM EST

por_40.gif
The Suns may or may not trade Amare Stoudemire, but there may be more of a demand for Portland's Raef LaFrentz and his expiring contract.

"If you asked owners in the league who they'd rather have right now, LaFrentz or Stoudemire, I think more than half of them would prefer LaFrentz," one executive said. "That's how screwed up this thing has been. I guarantee you [Blazers GM] Kevin Pritchard has gotten better offers for LaFrentz than the Suns have gotten for Stoudemire."

Gerald Wallace, Caron Butler and Richard Jefferson are the three players the Blazers are reportedly focusing on the most.

Portland sees Wallace as an ideal fit, but the Bobcats are trying to include Nazr Mohammed.

Via ESPN

Portland Trail Blazers, Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets
WOW is all i can say. a lot of people are sleeping on this..

If the Blazers can reel in Caron Butler without dealing Roy, Aldridge, Bayless or Oden...
pimp.gif

A future line up of

Bayless (assuming he can develop into a legit playmaker)
Roy
Butler
Aldridge
Oden

pimp.gif

Why the hell would the Rockets trade for Vince? For Artest? Makes no damn sense. And if Vince does leave the Nets, it'll suck not seeing him play intelevised games in the area.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Why the hell would the Rockets trade for Vince? For Artest? Makes no damn sense. And if Vince does leave the Nets, it'll suck not seeing him play in televised games in the area.
well artest expires this year maybe njn is freeing up cap space for whatever reason

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

By the looks of thing new Orleans went down a notch.... Sounds good to me
smile.gif
I'm interested to see how Ty will do without a PG like Paul though, maybe it won't affect them so much....I'm looking forward towatching OKC once they live up to their full potential

Rockets better NOT give up landry battier and arrest for VC. There wouldn't be a perimeter defender left for them. Rather them trade artest for miller.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Chad Ford's five trades that should happen:
1. Raptors send Chris Bosh to the Warriors for Andris Biedrins, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Marco Belinelli and a future No. 1 pick

2427.jpg

1977.jpg

View this deal in the ESPN Trade Machine

Why should the Raptors do it?
Because the writing is on the wall in Toronto. I'm not sure how the Raptors are going to keep Bosh in 2010, and, no, I don't think adding Shawn Marion really helps in the long term. This deal would give them a ton of young talent to rebuild. And the fact that much of it has an international flavor only makes it sweeter for Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.

Why should the Warriors do it?
You don't get the chance to add an All-Star big man every day. And with Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette, the Warriors would have the building blocks to be special again. Will it happen?
The biggest question is whether the Warriors, the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA, could keep Bosh. They would have enough talent to convince Bosh to stay, but their situation is so messed up that it's a big risk.

The second biggest question is whether the Raptors would do it. Colangelo has been pretty adamant that they won't deal Bosh at the deadline. But if they were able to get this much talent in return, he'd have to take a long look.

2. Trail Blazers send Raef LaFrentz, Sergio Rodriguez and Nicolas Batum to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace and Sean May

1026.jpg

454.jpg

Why should the Blazers do it?
This is the perfect market for a team like Portland to pick up an excellent player without giving up much in return. Rodriguez and Batum have promise, but Wallace is the real deal. He would add the kind of toughness and versatility that could put the Blazers over the top.

Why should the Bobcats do it?
They are rebuilding this team in Larry Brown's image. This deal gives them some young talent, but more importantly some cap space. Given their recent moves, they could use it.

Will it happen?
The Blazers are in an enviable position. They have what might be the best asset in the NBA right now in LaFrentz's contract.

Sources say that they have their choice of Wallace, Richard Jefferson or Caron Butler if they're willing to send a few young players and LaFrentz's contract. Wallace, Jefferson and Butler all have their strengths, but for the Blazers' needs, I think Wallace is the best fit.

3. Knicks send David Lee, Malik Rose and Jared Jeffries to the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas and Larry Hughes.

3032.jpg

2772.jpg

Why should the Knicks do it?
It would help the Knicks tremendously in the summer of 2010. Not only would it clear the last $6 million of Jeffries' deal off the books, but it would ease the Knicks' worries about losing Lee for nothing this summer in free agency.

If Thomas were to keep developing, they could pay him in the summer of 2010 along with LeBron. If he were to struggle, they could let him go and bring in two big free agents with all of their cap room. In the meantime, Hughes would help shore up a big hole at the 2 and he too would come off the books in 2010.

Why should the Bulls do it?
Lee would bring a change in culture to the franchise. He's a double-double machine and a good locker room guy. They'd have to pay him this summer, but given the horrific financial market, it probably wouldn't cost them a fortune. It also would save them some money heading into the summer; getting Hughes off the books would clear an extra $7 million or so under the cap.

Will it happen?
Maybe. The Knicks don't want to lose Lee for nothing and they would love to move Jeffries' contract. The Bulls need a shake-up and adding Lee would help get the team back to its winning ways.

4. New Orleans Hornets send Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and Mouhamed Sene and the first-round pick the San Antonio Spurs owe the Thunder.

788.jpg

984.jpg

Why should the Thunder should do it?
Chandler in the middle would help complete their rebuilding process. He's the shot-blocking, rebounding machine the team has lacked since its days in Seattle.

Why should the Hornets do it?
This would be a cap-saving maneuver by the Hornets. It wouldn't make great basketball sense, but they would get a first-round pick and some veteran help for the playoffs in Joe Smith.

Will it happen?
The Thunder are looking to be active. This deal would cut into their cap space this summer but, honestly, would they really lure anyone better than Chandler in free agency?

As for the Hornets, they need to get under the luxury-tax threshold. This would accomplish that in a hurry while still providing some assets for next year.

5. Cavs trade Wally Szczerbiak to the Wizards for Antawn Jamison and Etan Thomas.

385.jpg

831.jpg

Why should the Cavs do it?
The team wants to win a title now and could use an upgrade at the 4. Adding Jamison would give the Cavs another dynamic scorer and veteran.

Why should the Wizards do it?
Because they are paying a huge amount of money for one of the worst teams in basketball. When Gilbert Arenas returns, they'll be better, but by how much? This deal would put them slightly below the cap next year.

Will it happen?
The Cavs are looking at potential Szczerbiak deals and Jamison isn't the only guy they covet. Mike Miller and Vince Carter have also been mentioned.
Chandler
Green
Durant
Weaver
Westbook

The average age of that lineup is 22, and they'd still have four first-round picks in the next two years.
sick.gif

The Warriors aren't going to give up all that to rent Bosh; it's not like that move would make them contenders, and Bosh probably wouldn't re-sign there, either.

The Szczerbiak for Jamison and Thomas deal is terrible.

^^terrible for what team? Washingtion yea but since there tryin to save money why not. Jamison would be a better fit then Amare due to his rebounding and hisjumper. only thing is, is he big enough to guard players like Gasol and KG.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Warriors should do that deal

The Warriors should definitely NOT do this deal. Andris is still incredibly young, is improving every season and shouldnt be traded. AND we trade our backupcenter? AND we trade Anthony Randolph? AND we trade a future 1st round pick? This trade is so ridiculously illogical its funny. The Warriors have anabundance of off guards and small forwards, yet this trade has us trading ALL of our big guys for a power forward who we would have for a little more than oneseason?

No thanks.

Trade Breakdown:

OKC Gets

Tyson Chandler

N.O. Gets

Joe Smith

Chris Wilcox

Draft Rights to DeVon Hardin

After reviewing this trade, I have come to the conclusion that Pat Riley is in fact a genius
pimp.gif
. I know that the Hornets were dumping salary but to not get one of OKC 1stround picks is re re.

I wonder if OKC did offer a 1st put N.O. said no, we want the draft rights to DeVon Hardin instead
laugh.gif

[h2]Knicks Could Deal NateFor Miller Or Salmons?[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 5:17 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
TheKnicks have reportedly told the Kings that they are interested in Brad Miller and John Salmons, and could send Nate Robinson to Sacramento in order to land oneof the two.

Other potential players that New York could trade in order to land either Miller or Salmons include Malik Rose and Jerome James.

It is also believed that the Knicks have told the Kings that they have no intention of trading Stephon Marbury and his $20.8 million expiring contract.

Via Sacramento Bee

New York Knicks, SacramentoKings

[h2]Source: Kings-Wolves DiscussingTrade?[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 5:11 PM EST

sac_40.gif
TheKings have been negotiating with the Timberwolves on a deal that could land them guard Rashard McCants, according to league sources.

Sacramento is reportedly interested in sending guard Quincy Douby forward Mikki Moore to Minnesota for McCants.

Via Sacramento Bee

Sacramento Kings, Minnesota Timberwolves

Bosh isn't worth THAT much. Isn't that all of GSW young bigs? Plus I don't think there's a chance in hell Bosh would re-up with them.

Unless that's the whole point and they wanna be apart of the 2010 free agent massacre thingy.

I don't like this 3 way trade with OHX/CHI/TOR. But only because I wanna see Amare in the CHI.

I still think Tyrus/Gooden's expiring/Hughes and or a 1st rounder is very fair for Amare. But whatever. Maybe they want Bosh now more than Amare?

Trade Breakdown:

OKC Gets

Tyson Chandler

N.O. Gets

Joe Smith

Chris Wilcox

After reviewing this trade, I have come to the conclusion that Pat Riley is in fact a genius
pimp.gif
. I know that the Hornets were dumping salary but to not get one of OKC 1st round picks is re re.

I wonder if OKC did offer a 1st put N.O. said no, we want the draft rights to DeVon Hardin instead
laugh.gif
Sorry if i missed something but what does ANY of that have to do with Pat Riley??
roll.gif

EDIT: and yo keeeep Nate, hes been playing sooo well lately and is such a big part of this team. Hes still young and has shown so many flashes of excellence(word to his 33, 15, 9, 5 vs LAC or his 20 4th quarter points to seal the deal vs ATL) and hes ALREADY one of the if not the best bench player in the league.

and also i like Salmons hes a nice player... but why would we trade for him he makes a pretty large sum of $ and his contract goes on for 3 years?!

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Trade Breakdown:

OKC Gets

Tyson Chandler

N.O. Gets

Joe Smith

Chris Wilcox

pimp.gif
. I know that the Hornets were dumping salary but to not get one of OKC 1st round picks is re re.

laugh.gif
Sorry if i missed something but what does ANY of that have to do with Pat Riley??
roll.gif
Where have you been the last week or two?

^^^ Because Salmons is a lot better than the amount of money he is making. And 5+ mil a year is NOTHING for someone who is as good as he is (keep in mindgiving props to a Kings player is normally really tough for me). Although I wouldnt wanna give up Nate.

Back
Top Bottom