OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by dland24

^^^ Because Salmons is a lot better than the amount of money he is making. And 5+ mil a year is NOTHING for someone who is as good as he is (keep in mind giving props to a Kings player is normally really tough for me). Although I wouldnt wanna give up Nate.
your a Knicks fan?

But anyway who cares, Crawford > Salmons but we still gave him up for $.

Plus Nate was rumored to be looking to get a contract of 54 years $20 mil or something, and id rather have Nate whose been with this team and fits in with thiscity and give him that 5 mil a year. I think thats fair for Nate, hes earned it.

T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]KRYPTOBRAD[/color]
nerd.gif

Edit: The title says "Nate for M. Miller," not "B. Miller."
grin.gif

if nate comes to sac let me be the first to welcome him.

kings need to to a lot more than this to get even close to reaching the playoffs. i guess we gotta wait until 2010 like everyone else.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]KRYPTOMIKE[/color]
nerd.gif

?????

nerd.gif

EDIT: and might as well give it a try...

worked on trademachine i dont know how to post that but...

Lee, Q Rich, Rose (expiring) for Bosh, Anthony Parker
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by heat23

[h2]Knicks Could Deal Nate For Miller Or Salmons?[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 5:17 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks have reportedly told the Kings that they are interested in Brad Miller and John Salmons, and could send Nate Robinson to Sacramento in order to land one of the two.

Other potential players that New York could trade in order to land either Miller or Salmons include Malik Rose and Jerome James.

It is also believed that the Knicks have told the Kings that they have no intention of trading Stephon Marbury and his $20.8 million expiring contract.

Via Sacramento Bee

New York Knicks, Sacramento Kings

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Source: Kings-Wolves Discussing Trade?[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 5:11 PM EST

sac_40.gif
The Kings have been negotiating with the Timberwolves on a deal that could land them guard Rashard McCants, according to league sources.

Sacramento is reportedly interested in sending guard Quincy Douby forward Mikki Moore to Minnesota for McCants.

Via Sacramento Bee

Sacramento Kings, Minnesota Timberwolves

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

[h3]O'Neal Heat jerseys will be #7 Posted by Sarah Talalay at 3:24 PM[/h3]
Jermaine O'Neal, who will make his debut with the Heat on Wednesday, didn't offer up anything like a Mercedes or a few thousand dollars to new teammate Mario Chalmers for the No. 6 - the number O'Neal wore in Toronto.

PACIIDIKBEPAOBGP.jpg
No, O'Neal has chosen to go back to wearing No. 7 - the number he wore as a member of the Indiana Pacers. His jersey is already for sale at miamihoopsgear.com or by going to heat.com. And Andy Montero, Heat senior director of retail operations, tells us there will be O'Neal jerseys for sale at AmericanAirlines Arena at Wednesday's game.

But upstairs on the 300 level of the arena are No. 32 O'Neal jerseys - remaining from Shaquille O'Neal's tenure with the Heat - at a steep discount. Those are for sale for $10 apiece and fans are still buying them, Heat officials say.

There was no encouraging Jermaine O'Neal to pick No. 32 or special program to pay a few dollars to have your No. 32s replaced with No. 7s. This is, after all, another merchandising opportunity.

"He's a former Heat player, just like Glen Rice is a former Heat player. We're happy to see people show up in No. 32 O'Neal jerseys," Heat executive vice president Michael McCullough said. "We hope more of them get No. 7 O'Neal jerseys."

"It's a different player," Montero added. "It's a new era."

The team even has some remaining No. 7 jerseys for Shawn Marion - who was traded to Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal, Montero said.

Additionally, Jamario Moon's No. 8 Heat jerseys will be available at the arena on Wednesday. Moon wore No. 33 in Toronto -- the same number Alonzo Mourning wore with the Heat.

Pistons shoudl trade AI and Sheed for Amare and Shaq, go to work with

Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Amare
Shaq

Shaq's off the books in '10, they sign Bosh, and that team would be set for a while.

Shaq couldn't do any worse with the Pistons than he does now, Pistons play at 2nd slowest pace in the NBA.

BTW, this works on the good ol' trade machine.

got me all excited for nate to Minny for mike miller!! then i come in here and its brad miller theyre talking about
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^^ Because Salmons is a lot better than the amount of money he is making. And 5+ mil a year is NOTHING for someone who is as good as he is (keep in mind giving props to a Kings player is normally really tough for me). Although I wouldnt wanna give up Nate.
your a Knicks fan?

Plus Nate was rumored to be looking to get a contract of 54 years $20 mil or something, and id rather have Nate whose been with this team and fits in with this city and give him that 5 mil a year. I think thats fair for Nate, hes earned it.

No I am not a Knicks fan. Sorry I should have worded that better. What I meant to say is, IF I was the GM of the Knicks, I wouldnt wanna give Nate up.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

your a Knicks fan?

Plus Nate was rumored to be looking to get a contract of 54 years $20 mil or something, and id rather have Nate whose been with this team and fits in with this city and give him that 5 mil a year. I think thats fair for Nate, hes earned it.

No I am not a Knicks fan. Sorry I should have worded that better. What I meant to say is, IF I was the GM of the Knicks, I wouldnt wanna give Nate up.
roll.gif
roll.gif
i was thinkin like damn they poppin up all over the place.

But yeah im with you, Nates my homie and i think its especially pointless to trade him in a trade to Sac where we get no cap relief whatsoever. I get Salmonsis better than his 5 mil a season but since when were we trading for value? If that was the case we woulda kept Jamal. The plan is to rebuild and worry aboutvalue once we have the cap to sign big time value players in 2010.

Chris Brousard (sp?) has a good article up on ESPN about the Knicks cap situation, for those interested.

They're making moves for '10, but if they can't unload Nate, Lee, or some other contracts, all that cap space they're trying to achieve willjust end up being a moot point for the Knicks.

Originally Posted by heat23

[h2]Knicks Could Deal Nate For Miller Or Salmons?[/h2]
Feb 17, 2009 5:17 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks have reportedly told the Kings that they are interested in Brad Miller and John Salmons, and could send Nate Robinson to Sacramento in order to land one of the two.

Other potential players that New York could trade in order to land either Miller or Salmons include Malik Rose and Jerome James.

It is also believed that the Knicks have told the Kings that they have no intention of trading Stephon Marbury and his $20.8 million expiring contract.

Via Sacramento Bee

New York Knicks, Sacramento Kings

im interested in these things i bolded.

smh.gif

Mike Miller in the starting lineup tonight for the first time in like forever to boost up his trade stock.

THe Warriors should NOT NOT NOT do that trade, makes no sense at all. why trade 3 young studs for I know he's a all star but Bosh to me wont be worth those3 players in our re-building phase.

AND Bosh is a free agent in 2010. Andris is locked up for 5 years

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

Pistons shoudl trade AI and Sheed for Amare and Shaq, go to work with

Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Amare
Shaq

Shaq's off the books in '10, they sign Bosh, and that team would be set for a while.

Shaq couldn't do any worse with the Pistons than he does now, Pistons play at 2nd slowest pace in the NBA.

BTW, this works on the good ol' trade machine.

Thats a really good trade if you ask me... i would do it if i was dumars

that wouldnt make sense. amare doesnt like sharing the paint with shaq, so how would that work?
and amare works in a up tempo, not half court.

it feels like people are moving people just to move em, don't see any trades so far that have a big impact on a certain team.

eyes.gif
@ Walsh for thinking about trading Nate.

I say stay put. We can make the playoffs with the current team.

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

THe Warriors should NOT NOT NOT do that trade, makes no sense at all. why trade 3 young studs for I know he's a all star but Bosh to me wont be worth those 3 players in our re-building phase.

AND Bosh is a free agent in 2010. Andris is locked up for 5 years

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

That's the whole point.

Back
Top Bottom