OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Alot is repeated but the Nets trade I would do in a Heartbeat

Cavs free to spend if they choose
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
Feb 18, 12:00 am EST

From Adrian WojnarowskiFor many NBA teams, the bottom line is costly Feb 18, 2009 Shaq is last rising Sun Feb 16, 2009
The New Jersey Nets are talking to the Sacramento Kings about a deal that would send Brad Miller and John Salmons to the Nets for Ryan Anderson, StromileSwift, Eduardo Najera and Trenton Hassell, an Eastern Conference official said.

The executive would not call the trade imminent, but said talks are ongoing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The San Antonio Spurs' delay to release any specific information about Manu Ginobili's right ankle injury has led some opposing GMs to speculate thatthe injury could be serious. Delaying the announcement until after the Thursday trade deadline would help keep the Spurs from losing any leverage in theirongoing talks.

Spurs officials announced only that Ginobili won't join them on their road trip and their medical staff continues to study test results on Ginobili'sankle.

In addition to pursuing Sacramento King's swingman John Salmons and the New Jersey Nets' Vince Carter, the Spurs expressed interest in Milwaukee Bucksforward Richard Jefferson while acknowledging there's little chance of landing Jefferson.

Bruce Bowen has offered in nearly every trade discussion because he's guaranteed only $2 million next season. Center Fabricio Oberto also has a partialguarantee of $1.9 million next season.

The Spurs didn't announce Ginobili wasn't accompanying them on their trip until Monday when they were already in New York. Though Ginobili scored 32points in a loss to the Toronto Raptors, the Spurs' final game before the All-Star break, team officials say he had been experiencing pain in his rightankle for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Milwaukee Bucks have told teams their closer to moving Richard Jefferson to the Portland Trail Blazers for a package that includes Travis Outlaw and RaefLaFrentz, one Eastern Conference executive said.

As NBA front-office trade discussions centered on teams desperately trying to shed payroll Tuesday, the Cleveland Cavaliers are one of the few franchiseswilling to bring on bigger talent and more salary, league executives said.

After thus far failing to make a deal for Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire, the Cavaliers are trying to pry forward Antawn Jamison from the Washington Wizards,league sources said. The Cavaliers are offering Wally Szczerbiak and his $13 million expiring contract, sources said. The Wizards would have to add anotherplayer into the trade - possibly center Etan Thomas - to make the deal possible.

So far, Washington wants no part of such a deal. Wizards executives aren't completely averse to trading Jamison, a league executive said, but they wouldwant value back for him.

"Money is no object for Cleveland right now," one Eastern Conference executive said. "They're willing to spend what it takes to win a title.They understand that this is just pennies compared to the hit they would take losing LeBron [James]."

Cleveland had shown interest in Stoudemire, but didn't have a package to get a trade done. One Western Conference GM said, "I think [the Suns] aregoing to keep him. I think Steve Kerr has had it with this whole thing. I think they're keeping him. There's no deal out there for them."

The Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves have been exchanging trade proposals that include a possible three-way deal with the Suns that would sendStoudemire to the Bulls, a Western Conference executive said Tuesday night.

So far, nothing that the Bulls and Wolves have brainstormed has brought the Suns closer to moving Stoudemire. Nevertheless, one proposed deal would send Bullsforward Tyrus Thomas to Phoenix, along with the expiring contracts of Chicago's Drew Gooden and Minnesota's Jason Collins. Minnesota would receive theplayer it covets - Chicago guard Kirk Hinrich - and Bulls guard Thabo Sefolosha.

That three-way scenario remains improbable, but there are several possibilities between Chicago and Minnesota that are alive. The Bulls want expiring contractsand draft picks to dump Hinrich and forward Andres Nocioni. Chicago has shopped them separately to several teams, but sources say Minnesota has no interest inNocioni.

However, sources say the Wolves and Bulls are discussing Hinrich and Sefolosha for Collins and Brian Cardinal. The Wolves are intrigued with Hinrich'sability to play the point and off-guard and see him as a good complement to Randy Foye. Collins and Cardinal have shorter-term contracts that bring Chicagopayroll relief.

The Bulls have also had discussions with the Los Angeles Clippers regarding center Chris Kaman, one Western Conference executive said.

When the Detroit Pistons sheered nearly another $1 million in salary-cap space with the trade of Alex Acker to the Los Angeles Clippers this week, GM JoeDumars further solidified his franchise as the favorite to sign Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer as a free agent this summer.

The Pistons expect to have nearly $23 million available to spend this summer on free agents. Boozer has said he will likely opt out of his contract with theJazz this summer.

Most believed that Boozer was destined for the Miami Heat, but Heat president Pat Riley chose to take on Jermaine O'Neal's $22 million contract for the2009-10 season. The Jazz and Boozer have grown tired of each other, and league executives believe Utah is more inclined to re-sign power forward Paul Millsapto a long-term contract.

Boozer has played just 12 games this season with a knee injury. His inability to stay on the floor has clouded teams' opinions about him, but Boozer makessense as the replacement for pending Pistons free agent Rasheed Wallace.

The Boston Celtics reached out to the Charlotte Bobcats about trading for proven playoff performer Raja Bell, a league source said. So far, the Celticsdon't have anything in return that appeals to Charlotte.

The Bobcats are telling people that they have a possible two-for-one trade percolating and need to keep a hold on a roster spot.

Boston lost guard Tony Allen to thumb surgery on Tuesday, and he could be out until the playoffs. For months, the Celtics have unsuccessfully tried to trade2008 first-round pick J.R. Giddens for a draft choice.

The Sacramento Kings are still determined to trade center Brad Miller, but it looks more likely they'll part with efficient and cost-effective scorer JohnSalmons before the deadline on Thursday.

The Kings would like the Knicks to include Nate Robinson with the expiring contract of Malik Rose, but an Eastern Conference executive said Tuesday,"[Mike] D'Antoni does not want to move Robinson."

Miller is attractive to the Knicks because the final $12.2 million season left on his contract comes off the cap before the free-agent summer of 2010.

Sources say the Dallas Mavericks have offered Jerry Stackhouse for Salmons, and the San Antonio Spurs are willing to part with Bruce Bowen and Ime Ukoda forhim. Both Stackhouse and Bowen have partial guarantees for next season - $2 million each - that are cost prohibitive to Sacramento. League executives say theKings are looking for a straight expiring deal for Salmons.

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcas

Like I said...
laugh.gif

[h2]Sources: Bulls, Kings pull off deal [/h2]
By Chris Sheridan

The Chicago Bulls and SacramentoKings have reached tentative agreement on a trade sending Andres Nocioni,Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons to the Kings for Brad Miller and JohnSalmons, ESPN.com.

One source said the Bulls players were pulled off the team bus Wednesday afternoon and were told they had been traded.

Michael Ruffin of the Bulls also was told be was being traded to Portland in aseparate deal, the source added.

Another source said the trade was expected to be finalized by Wednesday evening.

Miller is averaging 11.9 points and 8.0 rebounds per game for the 11-43 Kings. One of the better passing big men in the league, Miller has made two All-Starteams and actually played for the Bulls from 2000-02.

This will be the third team for Salmons in his seven-year career. He is averaging a career high 18.3 points per game, well above his career mark of 8.3.

The gritty Nocioni has played his entire five-year career with the Bulls, averaging 11.7 points and 5.0 rebounds over that time bouncing between thestarting five and the bench. He signed a five-year extension in 2007.

Gooden was traded to the Bulls last season in the deal that sent Ben Wallace to theCleveland Cavaliers. He was averaging 13.1 points and 8.6 rebounds in an injury-plagued year.The number that likely interested the Kings the most, however, is the $7.2 million that will come off their books this summer since he has an expiringcontract. Simmons also has an expiring contract, so the Kings basically traded the salaries of Miller and Salmons for Nocioni's.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

Cedric Simmons.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

One source said the Bulls players were pulled off the team bus Wednesday afternoon and were told they had been traded.
laugh.gif

The Chicago Bulls and Sacramento Kings have reached [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][a][/color] tentative agreement on a trade sending Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons to the Kings for Brad Miller and John Salmons, ESPN.com.

Michael Ruffin of the Bulls also was told [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]be[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]he[/color] was being traded to Portland in a separate deal, the source added.
Come on, Chris, proofread.
grin.gif

Wow Chicago pulled the trigger just not the right one... at least we hold on to Tyrus... still got to many guards we couldn't roll on of them into a deal??

Vlad Rad for Morrison/Brown... is that the best we could have done? I mean i like brown but there are so many players available out there... vlad is great inthe right system.. (realize that i know the trade is old news but seeing all these trades makes me curious)

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Vlad Rad for Morrison/Brown... is that the best we could have done? I mean i like brown but there are so many players available out there... vlad is great in the right system.. (realize that i know the trade is old news but seeing all these trades makes me curious)

Interesting....

Originally Posted by BangDak

NOOOO. we wanted brad miller
frown.gif

good deal for chicago if you ask me.
Im pleased with the deal, Salmons will help a lot as he gives us some more size in the backcourt also gets us ready for losing BG this offseason. Nice to have Brad Miller back though
pimp.gif

so i guess we're re-signing david lee then. walsh should have moved lee with curry's bum %*@ contract for contracts that expire before 2010. maybeit'll turn out for the better though.

walsh should have moved lee with curry's bum %*@ contract for contracts that expire before 2010.
You make it sound so simple.
After receiving Michael Ruffin in the John Salmons, Brad Miller trade with Chicago, the Kings will flip him to Portland in exchange for Ike Diogu and approximately $1 million in cash.

NOOOO. we wanted brad miller
frown.gif

speak for yourself. Especially if those *#**%*! bums wanted us to give up my dude Nasty for a scrub like Miller
pimp.gif

Good deal for chicago, they can use some inside scoring and Salmons will def help them out as well. I think this makes them a playoff team... which isnt goodfor us
laugh.gif

^i think you're one of the few who didnt want brad miller. im sure donnie would have found a way to get miller without giving nate.
and i dont like the idea of resigning lee. not a bit.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=519165http://www.sportingnews.c...rn/viewtopic.php?t=519165

Trade talk: Rockets interested in dealing McGrady for Baron Davis

Posted: February 18, 2009

With Thursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline rapidly approaching, a look at some of the latest deals on the rumor mill ...
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]There could be a new guard in town for the Rockets -- and it's not Vince Carter. Houston has moved into negotiations with the Clippers for point guard Baron Davis, a source close to Davis told SportingNews.com on Wednesday. "It would be best for everyone if Baron moved on," the source said.
The Rockets, still smarting from the loss of shooting guard Tracy McGrady, who will miss the rest of the season with knee surgery, apparently have not given up on the 2008-09 season. The team has played well without McGrady, going 13-6 (they were 20-15 with him), but needs another scoring presence if it is to rescue this season.

Bringing on Davis would have some risk. He is in the first year of a five-year contract that will pay him $65 million, and he was supposed to be a building block for the Clippers. But Davis and Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy have not meshed well, and Davis is averaging 15.5 points, his lowest total in nine years. The team is just 13-41, coming off a humbling 140-100 loss to the Suns.

If the Clippers can get out of Davis' contract now, they will seize the opportunity, even if it means taking back the oft-injured McGrady in return.

Kings, Bulls swing a deal

Kings small forward John Salmons, a hot topic of trade conversation, finally was dealt--he'll head to Chicago with Brad Miller for Drew Gooden and Andres Nocioni, according to NBA.com

The trade signals that Chicago is done trying to shake Stoudemire loose and that Phoenix likely will keep their big guy, hope to get their chemistry back under new coach Alvin Gentry (again, 140-100 is a good start) and address their tax problem before the draft.

Pistons aren't desperate ...

One team that figures to remain quiet on Thursday is the Pistons, who have done a lot of shopping of forward Rasheed Wallace's expiring contract, but to no avail. Detroit fell to 27-25 with a loss on Tuesday, but is not desperate to make a move. With Wallace and Allen Iverson sitting on expiring deals, the Pistons shouldn't be. "They understood from the beginning that trading for Iverson was as much a long-term thing as a short term thing," one East general manager said.

... neither are the Nets

Have talks for shooting guard Vince Carter cooled altogether? It seems that way. The Nets, remember, are looking to trade Carter in order to get far under the 2010 salary cap, so that they can make a move for a major free agent. Thus, they are not under the kind of luxury-tax pressure that prompted the Hornets to deal center Tyson Chandler for expiring contracts this week. The Nets can wait until the offseason to make a move for Carter.

T-Mac for BDiddy & Camby works...

I was never really a fan of letting T-Mac go because he has such a good contract number coming off the books in a year, but now that it's determinedmicrofracture surgery is needed, his career is pretty much a wrap. And if not, it definitely is with the Rockets, as, it takes like a year to come back fromthat. That means T-Mac won't be back in a Rockets uniform until Feb. at the earliest, and even then, he won't fully be effective, as it takes evenmore time to get back into the swing of things. And it's not like the Rockets are going to resign him after next year.

BDiddy's contract sucks, but Camby's comes off in '10.

A team of Yao, Scola, Battier, Artest, BDiddy and Camby should make some noise out West.

Pull the trigger!

Cant you not trade an injured guy?

and also if you can, why would the Clippers want to trade for an underachieving veteran with a HUGE contract who is currently undergoing microfracture surgery?

Than again the Clips never fail to suprise me when it comes to making dumb moves.
laugh.gif

no one would want tmac and his injury prone #@!. and, where would tmac even fit in for the clips.

Back
Top Bottom