Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

Banks,
Here is another defensive help post from OperationSports

1. Ensure my Defensive Settings for at least Double Team and Screen are set for every player. Almost every player is set to Double Team NEVER and I typically prefer to Go Over/Under on Screens rather than Switch to avoid mismatches on the perimeter.

2. For On-Ball Defense, I use the aggressive stance and strafe with Turbo for most of the defensive possession. Defense is the primary purpose for the Turbo button in 2K12. If you're not running around aggressively on defense then you're not really playing defense. I also very rarely use the Y button to try to block shots and mostly use the right stick along with Turbo to close out on defenders. To stop dribble penetration, run directly towards the ball carrier and force them to shield the ball while on the perimeter instead of giving them the chance to Sizeup/Hesitation into their drive. It's very hard to stop good ball handlers who get the chance to size you up.

3. Off-Ball Defense, I try to initiate bump and deny ball animations as often as possible. This can destroy the tempo of a set play.

4. I play straight up Man-to-Man most of the game. The Trap defenses in this game have holes all over the place and defensive rotations by CPU controlled players are typically far too late in reaction to the ball movement. The Press defenses will get torched if the opposing team has enough speed on the court. I'll go into Halfcourt Press against some team's second unit if they don't have a lot of speed in the backcourt and I have good defenders on the court, but that usually only lasts a few minutes at most.

5. Never use the Defensive Quick Plays/Strategies on the D-Pad. If you've properly laid out your defensive settings and assignments then there's absolutely no reason to use these options. The few options provided are typically poor basketball strategy since they don't account for all players on the court. These also erase/reset any manual settings you have applied.

6 [MOST IMPORTANT]. Defense starts on Offense. DO NOT ALLOW TRANSITION BASKETS. That means don't allow leak outs, stop transition ball handlers before they reach the top of the key, play your lane when outnumbered in transition, and limit careless turnovers on offense. If you let the CPU run the break on you then you're practically guaranteeing them an extra 5-10% of FG% per game because layups and dunks are high percentage shots.

Banks,
Here is another defensive help post from OperationSports

1. Ensure my Defensive Settings for at least Double Team and Screen are set for every player. Almost every player is set to Double Team NEVER and I typically prefer to Go Over/Under on Screens rather than Switch to avoid mismatches on the perimeter.

2. For On-Ball Defense, I use the aggressive stance and strafe with Turbo for most of the defensive possession. Defense is the primary purpose for the Turbo button in 2K12. If you're not running around aggressively on defense then you're not really playing defense. I also very rarely use the Y button to try to block shots and mostly use the right stick along with Turbo to close out on defenders. To stop dribble penetration, run directly towards the ball carrier and force them to shield the ball while on the perimeter instead of giving them the chance to Sizeup/Hesitation into their drive. It's very hard to stop good ball handlers who get the chance to size you up.

3. Off-Ball Defense, I try to initiate bump and deny ball animations as often as possible. This can destroy the tempo of a set play.

4. I play straight up Man-to-Man most of the game. The Trap defenses in this game have holes all over the place and defensive rotations by CPU controlled players are typically far too late in reaction to the ball movement. The Press defenses will get torched if the opposing team has enough speed on the court. I'll go into Halfcourt Press against some team's second unit if they don't have a lot of speed in the backcourt and I have good defenders on the court, but that usually only lasts a few minutes at most.

5. Never use the Defensive Quick Plays/Strategies on the D-Pad. If you've properly laid out your defensive settings and assignments then there's absolutely no reason to use these options. The few options provided are typically poor basketball strategy since they don't account for all players on the court. These also erase/reset any manual settings you have applied.

6 [MOST IMPORTANT]. Defense starts on Offense. DO NOT ALLOW TRANSITION BASKETS. That means don't allow leak outs, stop transition ball handlers before they reach the top of the key, play your lane when outnumbered in transition, and limit careless turnovers on offense. If you let the CPU run the break on you then you're practically guaranteeing them an extra 5-10% of FG% per game because layups and dunks are high percentage shots.

Restarted myplayer mode. Wore the kobe VIs during the rookie game. After I got drafted I went to switch my kicks to a pair of jordan retros and all that's availbe are the ones that come with the game.
sick.gif
I figured once jb signed me id be able to choose the retros, jb signed me, still nothing. I had the 23 code in and everything before I started too.
So pissed about this. Any info on how I can get the retros??

Restarted myplayer mode. Wore the kobe VIs during the rookie game. After I got drafted I went to switch my kicks to a pair of jordan retros and all that's availbe are the ones that come with the game.
sick.gif
I figured once jb signed me id be able to choose the retros, jb signed me, still nothing. I had the 23 code in and everything before I started too.
So pissed about this. Any info on how I can get the retros??

DC, I appreciate your help. I haven't played in a few days because station went out. Just picked up a new one tonight. I'll give you a report from tonights session on what I have learned thus far.

DC, I appreciate your help. I haven't played in a few days because station went out. Just picked up a new one tonight. I'll give you a report from tonights session on what I have learned thus far.

Just created a 29 game online association on 360, 8min quarters, All-Star if anyone is down to join and WILL play their games.  Playoffs is best of 7.
League ID: bshu89

Password: blackice

Just created a 29 game online association on 360, 8min quarters, All-Star if anyone is down to join and WILL play their games.  Playoffs is best of 7.
League ID: bshu89

Password: blackice

I have been working on my on ball defense mostly. I'm getting better at contesting the shot using right stick. I have improved on using the left stick to guide the ball handler without smashing the turbo button. On offense, I'm still inconsistent. I go one game with 4 turnovers to the next with 22 in a heartbreaking loss

I have been working on my on ball defense mostly. I'm getting better at contesting the shot using right stick. I have improved on using the left stick to guide the ball handler without smashing the turbo button. On offense, I'm still inconsistent. I go one game with 4 turnovers to the next with 22 in a heartbreaking loss

I know I'm super late but I just copped this and all I can say is
indifferent.gif

I know it's probably already been said but turnovers
indifferent.gif

turn on hall of fame as soon as I got it and got raped by the Jazz
sick.gif

EVERY time I passed it was picked off
indifferent.gif

SO many fouls called on my squad
indifferent.gif

I had to shut the game off at the half, I couldn't even enjoy it
indifferent.gif

That said I'm looking for ways to get better because clearly i'm doing it all wrong
laugh.gif

I know I'm super late but I just copped this and all I can say is
indifferent.gif

I know it's probably already been said but turnovers
indifferent.gif

turn on hall of fame as soon as I got it and got raped by the Jazz
sick.gif

EVERY time I passed it was picked off
indifferent.gif

SO many fouls called on my squad
indifferent.gif

I had to shut the game off at the half, I couldn't even enjoy it
indifferent.gif

That said I'm looking for ways to get better because clearly i'm doing it all wrong
laugh.gif

My player is a 6'6" 2 guard for the blazers and I hate it. Only time I enjoy myself is when they sub me in at pg. Jamal Crawford is the biggest chuck in History. trying to get myself traded to the Knicks or Bulls

My player is a 6'6" 2 guard for the blazers and I hate it. Only time I enjoy myself is when they sub me in at pg. Jamal Crawford is the biggest chuck in History. trying to get myself traded to the Knicks or Bulls

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I'm on the Blazers and 2 games away from winning the chip.  I play 1 and Jamal plays 2 and he gets me a decent amount of assists with his jumper.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I'm on the Blazers and 2 games away from winning the chip.  I play 1 and Jamal plays 2 and he gets me a decent amount of assists with his jumper.

11 game win streak in my player (thunder). Just took over first in the west. I'm averaging 28 ppg 7 apg 5 rpg and 2 spg. Durant is god in this game
laugh.gif
he's averaging 26 and 7 per game. We are doing good, just wish Westbrook would get more involved. He usually gets about 15 points a night.

11 game win streak in my player (thunder). Just took over first in the west. I'm averaging 28 ppg 7 apg 5 rpg and 2 spg. Durant is god in this game
laugh.gif
he's averaging 26 and 7 per game. We are doing good, just wish Westbrook would get more involved. He usually gets about 15 points a night.

Started over & got drafted by the Kings.

As a PG, averaging 27 & 13 assists & 4 steals & 1 block.

We're #1 in the West and I'm the favorite for MVP, Rookie, & Defensive player of the year

Back
Top Bottom