Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

Originally Posted by Nako XL

tried to use the roster in association and the player contracts are all funky for some reason?

Not really sure what you are referring to. Be more specific please. When we tested, nothing was funky about the contracts. Be more specific so we can fix it please.

Originally Posted by Carver

Every time I do Team Up it always ends up like 2 on 2 or 3 on 2 and laggy.. great damn Idea just wish it wasn't so laggy all the damn time

Gotta do private teamups, not ranked lobbies. Get a party full of 8friends and its on
pimp.gif

Just downloaded, bout to start an association with these.. I see something that looks off with contracts on just OKC, didn't look at other teams. It says Harden has a 6 year 80 million contract and Russell has a 2 year 10 million I think they have each others contracts
laugh.gif
, just something I noticed skimming through which team I want in association.

EDIT:
eek.gif
you weren't lying about the ratings
laugh.gif
bout to start my first game with the Spurs.

tried to use the roster in association and the player contracts are all funky for some reason?

Not really sure what you are referring to. Be more specific please. When we tested, nothing was funky about the contracts. Be more specific so we can fix it please.
yuku's not letting me quote you or post a reply so not sure if this will show up but, I started an association with the knicks and ended up simming through the year and Tyson, Shump, and a few other players around the league (rookies stood out to me particularly) who were supposed to still be under contract were free agents with player options and left after year 1.  It was really weird and happened again when i started over.

Forget ratings man. It is all about how the game plays. Blame 2K. Overall ratings are just about meaningless. But just take it as the higher the overall the better all around player he is.

I will check that out because we had to reformat Harden and Westbrook so Harden could have dominant ball handling abilities. Meaning we wanted him to bring the ball up court sometimes so we had to overwrite Westbrook with Harden, so that might have been what happened.

With the SPurs, Kawhi's overall will be reduced. It is tough though because that is what he earned honestly. We have to dorp him down because he is currently in elite SF company with that 71 rating. We got him down to a 68. Him and Shumpert's defense are off the charts so that is why they are so highly rated. Plus Kawhi rebounds well.

I started an association with the knicks and ended up simming through the year and Tyson, Shump, and a few other players around the league (rookies stood out to me particularly) who were supposed to still be under contract were free agents with player options and left after year 1. It was really weird and happened again when i started over.

Sorry about that man. We will look into that. Thanks for your honesty. 
Carver, the sliders are on 2K Share. Not sure how long it will take 2K Share to show them but they are up.

I personally prefer playing on Player Lock so I can experience 1 person at a time. I always believed constant switching on defense confuses the AI on your team so I always played as 1 player. Try it out. These rosters are also My Player compatible. 

Also, once we are done with everything we will be providing an association file for you that we highly suggest you use.

Things that will be included:

1. Real coaches in coaching pool. (Phil, Van Gundy, Ewing)
2. Real coaches in Assistants, Scouts, pools as well.
3. Chemistry updates to influence more realistic won/lost records
4. Draft Classes Edited by us based on VTCRB's draft classes. (we had to re-edit to fall inline with our scales)

So starting your own association will not give you the best experience. I would suggest waiting. I know it is already June but this is what 2K makes us do each year

I noticed how high Leonard was but yeah he prob shouldn't be in the category with the other high SFs though he plays great defense and rebounds like you said so..68 sounds a little more realistic with your current rating system ..will try with sliders soon, the real spurs game bout to be on, so I'll just download it now if its there and try them tomorrow or late today

yuku's not letting me quote you or post a reply so not sure if this will show up but, I started an association with the knicks and ended up simming through the year and Tyson, Shump, and a few other players around the league (rookies stood out to me particularly) who were supposed to still be under contract were free agents with player options and left after year 1.  It was really weird and happened again when i started over.

I just simmed and I am not seeing any of what you said. Tyson and Shump are still there. Shump has his rookie contract. Not sure what happened when you simmed.
I simmed a second time and that didn't happen.

Download the newest roster if you can and let me know if it is still happening.

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. This problem had occurred on my xbox and a friends xbox as well. We can't select the playoff game thats on the quick game menu, like it won't let us go down and select the game. Why?

Originally Posted by xBraveHeartX

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. This problem had occurred on my xbox and a friends xbox as well. We can't select the playoff game thats on the quick game menu, like it won't let us go down and select the game. Why?

Delete your settings, delete your sliders, delete your User Profile. Reset the game and then see if you are still having that issue. I just recently couldn't get to my Presentation category for whatever reason then I did what I just told you to do.
Originally Posted by Carver

I noticed how high Leonard was but yeah he prob shouldn't be in the category with the other high SFs though he plays great defense and rebounds like you said so..68 sounds a little more realistic with your current rating system ..will try with sliders soon, the real spurs game bout to be on, so I'll just download it now if its there and try them tomorrow or late today
Yea please leave feedback man. Let me know who you use, who plays out of character. The good. The bad. Tip dunks, this is important because I put in a lot of time to make sure only the elite athletes should be getting tip dunks. 2K shipped the game with any and everyone performing tip dunks.
Just tell me everything that happened.

Some vets will be injured longer due to their contractual obligations

Wilson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, and JR Smith will be available for "quick play" mode, but will not be available in season/association/my player mode until March 2012

Aaron Brooks is a member of the Suns, but will be "out" for the entire season. He is likely to not be resigned by the Suns, so he will be a FA in July 2012

Jonas Valanciunas and Nando De Colo will be placed on the Raptors and SPurs respectively but will not be available until year 2 in association mode

The My Player name glitch has been fixed. Thanks for giving me the heads up on that, that could have been fatal if others would have found it. Respect.
New file has been updated.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just simmed and I am not seeing any of what you said. Tyson and Shump are still there. Shump has his rookie contract. Not sure what happened when you simmed.
I simmed a second time and that didn't happen.

Download the newest roster if you can and let me know if it is still happening.

Tried out the newest roster and it wasn't happening.  realized i was using an older downloaded roster from you (not sure when i downloaded it, but it was probably one of the earlier ones.)  The new roster works fine though, thanks.

So we completely revamped the My Player Mode. Since our ratings are much lower than the default, we had to lower the ratings and abilities of the default My Player starting point. I will be issuing some, "House Rules" for this Mode for those that would like to experience a more realistic My Player Mode.

Right now I am using a Ben Hansbrough cap as MyPlayer. I don't like created players so that is why I opted to use a real life person.

In the Rookie Showcase Isaiah Thomas and Goudelock really put on a show.

This mode is now fun to me since we have added this element of realism.

Hope you can enjoy it in the next few days.

Tried out the newest roster and it wasn't happening.  realized i was using an older downloaded roster from you (not sure when i downloaded it, but it was probably one of the earlier ones.)  The new roster works fine though, thanks.

But I still thank you for saying something.
Funny thing is my Rookie Contracts were messed up BIG TIME. I don't know how in the world that happened. Faried was at like 50 million. Thanks for opening up my eyes. 
pimp.gif

Last file uploaded on 6/10

Per HyperBaller

Good Morning OS,

Recently I attempted to use the HyperDC roster set with MyPlayer Mode and I discovered a flaw in the current system. Since MyPlayer starts his career rated in the 60s he immediately would be one of the highest rated players on any team he would be drafted to. That would definitely take away from the experience of building up your character.

We decided that it would be best if we changed the initial ratings/abilities of each MyPlayer template to ensure a challenging experience.

So DC and I went through each Player Type and changed the starting point for each rating/ability. This will distinguish between the different player types. So as the game ships, the defensive SF will have a different skill set than the 3PT SF.

Also included are Player Type specific animation packages. A Defensive SG will have a different ball-handling package than a Slashing SG. Again, we are looking to provide unique experiences for each type of MyPlayer. An athletic PG will have a different default dunk/layup package than a Pass-First PG.

Also, we included a few house rules that should be applied to any MyPlayer career which uses our roster set. I know it is natural for all of us to try to progress as quickly as possible but this version of MyPlayer is more centered around paying your dues, realism, and the overall struggle of a young NBA player. Even though we feel that MyPlayer gets undeserved playing time from the start of his career we really can't control that. What we can control is the rate of progress if you decide to use the House Rules.

We hope you enjoy the roster with MyPlayer Mode.

Here are the Default Overall Ratings, Attributes, Abilities and House Rules.
Please note that all abilities are 0 for the sake of competitive balance. You might ask, "Why does a Defensive C have the same Dribbling skills as a Pass-First PG." Well they wouldn't have the same Dribbling skills because they don't have the same Off-Hand Dribbling, Ball Security, or Dribble Animation Packages. So there will still be some differential present. 

This will be something that the user has to work toward much like every other thing in life. I know it is harsh but again, we want a challenging experience. 

[font=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]https://docs.google.com/s...UpEN0RoNzNwbzF0d2c#gid=0[/font]

Originally Posted by devildog1776

just started a myplayer... this is cool... 2k12 still sucks though

If you think the game sucks it just means you haven't used a good roster set to be honest. The game out of the box has many issues but when edited I really can't get enough of this game.
Get my file under my gamertag and tell me if the game sucks then.

/\ will do. because this game sux... ive given it 3 weeks

i havent had a desire to play it since the second time but ive been forcing myself to learn b/c i figured thats y i hated it but no...

game is just too... boxy for lack of a word that actually makes sense... i mean like, its not fluid and creativity is non existent

the shot stick is butter, and the presentation is really good but I jus cant get down man, id rather play little big planet.. srs

Hyperballer21;2043775854 wrote:
***Update 6/17/12*** 

Note that this is not the final release.

New Changes: 

-Universally lowered Vertical ratings for all players 6'3" and under to limit the high amount of rebounds these players would get. 

-Updated My Player rating system. See this thread for more details: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gend-mode.html

-Small changes to Coach Profiles. Less zone and more double teams.

-Added '95 Pacers, '07 Spurs, and '08 Celtics. These will be the final bonus teams added.

-Hex edited some teams' accessory colors thanks to the suggestions from this thread.

-Fixed Rookie Challenge crowd and arena.

Xbox 360: Gamertag is DCALLAMERICAN

Offline Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bw7d3v

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Slight problem.

I'm trying to use downloaded rosters for My Player, but during the Rookie Showcase it just uses generic players. Any ideas?
They probably didn't update those slots. That happened when you aren't able to use the REDITOR (editing tool made specifically for 2K12 on 360). We have all Rookies in the Showcase and our rosters are matched up for MyPlayer Mode.
https://docs.google.com/s...UpEN0RoNzNwbzF0d2c#gid=0

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Yo DC, so how does this update that you are working on works??? Is it PC? or on 2kshare? Or do I need some other stuff that a noob like me wouldn't know about
There is also a PC version of this file available for those that are interested.

Is my player significantly better in this one than 2k11 ? Cause I'm tired as hell from all the glitches that be happening in 2k11 terrible teammates to gliding blocks which should be fouls. Everytime I take it up its like slow motion and a defender comes Outa nowhere and blocks my #!*@ .

Back
Top Bottom