Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Cashman had to make the Martin move for flexibility purposes. They already have a hole in their rotation they thought would be filled by Cliff. Now what if Pettite retires? That would necessitate a move for a front line starter, and inevitably teams are gonna ask for Montero. I'm not saying they should move him quite yet (if at all), but the Yanks aren't in a great spot, and their current situation calls for as much flexibility as you can get going forward.

I would deal montero in a heart beat if it meant aquiring felix. But getting him is out of question. So to me montero is untouchable right now. He looks like a mainstay for us.

Future captain?

I kid.

I would deal montero in a heart beat if it meant aquiring felix. But getting him is out of question. So to me montero is untouchable right now. He looks like a mainstay for us.

Future captain?

I kid.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Cashman had to make the Martin move for flexibility purposes. They already have a hole in their rotation they thought would be filled by Cliff. Now what if Pettite retires? That would necessitate a move for a front line starter, and inevitably teams are gonna ask for Montero. I'm not saying they should move him quite yet (if at all), but the Yanks aren't in a great spot, and their current situation calls for as much flexibility as you can get going forward.

Age is catching up to them.  Only reason I'm so hesitant to move him is because his bat would play so well in this park.  But there's no position for him besides 1B down the line and Tex isn't going anywhere.

I just want to avoid scrapping the whole farm just to pick up a SP.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Age is catching up to them.  Only reason I'm so hesitant to move him is because his bat would play so well in this park.  But there's no position for him besides 1B down the line and Tex isn't going anywhere.

I just want to avoid scrapping the whole farm just to pick up a SP.

Originally Posted by BigUglyAmerican

Future captain?

I kid.
it all depends.. Who else do we have to trade, and who are we getting.

and the thing with Russell Martin is that he is 27, and has already had more problems than a 34 year old catcher.. I think if we have these huge holes that are unlikely to be filled, we might as well look at the future...

Because we've done the panic button before, and unloaded our prospects for players, and then it always leads to the same thing (2-3 years later we are old)

Look at the core 4, we developed them, and with the exception of 2-3 years for Pettitte, they gave us 12-15 years. Or Bernie he gave us 12 good years.. And of course  you have your Joba's who haven't worked out, but you also have the Cano's who seem to be a mainstay for the next decade or so..

Originally Posted by BigUglyAmerican

Future captain?

I kid.
it all depends.. Who else do we have to trade, and who are we getting.

and the thing with Russell Martin is that he is 27, and has already had more problems than a 34 year old catcher.. I think if we have these huge holes that are unlikely to be filled, we might as well look at the future...

Because we've done the panic button before, and unloaded our prospects for players, and then it always leads to the same thing (2-3 years later we are old)

Look at the core 4, we developed them, and with the exception of 2-3 years for Pettitte, they gave us 12-15 years. Or Bernie he gave us 12 good years.. And of course  you have your Joba's who haven't worked out, but you also have the Cano's who seem to be a mainstay for the next decade or so..

laugh.gif
how's this for a stat, Martin had 18 XBH's last year.

Iceberg ahead...

[h1]Yankees Rumors: Pettitte, Webb, Zambrano[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 15, 2010 at 1:54pm CST]

The latest on the Yankees' search for pitching:
  • The Yankees expect Andy Pettitte to tell them whether he intends to retire within a few days, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link). They're cautiously optimistic that he'll return.
  • Joel Sherman of the New York Post says the Yankees will be a deeper, less top-heavy team without Cliff Lee. Expect the Yankees to sign a couple relievers and an outfielder who bats from the right side as they continue to monitor the market for starting pitching.
  • So which starters might the Yankees pursue? In a separate piece, Sherman says the Yankees don't like Brandon Webb all that much. However, they will consider pursuing a veteran with "good stuff but questionable health." 
  • Bill Madden of the New York Daily News says Carlos Zambrano is a "likely target" for GM Brian Cashman. Like new addition Mark Prior, Zambrano knows Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild from their time in Chicago.
  • The Yankees are believed to be on Felix Hernandez's no-trade list, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link).

also Fuentes, Crain & Masterson are on Red Sox radar (Indians don't want to part with Masterson though)... We gotta outbid on Crain because he's a solid middle reliever.....

Iceberg ahead...

• The Yankees expect Andy Pettitte to tell them whether he intends to retire within a few days, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link). They're cautiously optimistic that he'll return.
  • Joel Sherman of the New York Post says the Yankees will be a deeper, less top-heavy team without Cliff Lee. Expect the Yankees to sign a couple relievers and an outfielder who bats from the right side as they continue to monitor the market for starting pitching.
  • So which starters might the Yankees pursue? In a separate piece, Sherman says the Yankees don't like Brandon Webb all that much. However, they will consider pursuing a veteran with "good stuff but questionable health." 
  • Bill Madden of the New York Daily News says Carlos Zambrano is a "likely target" for GM Brian Cashman. Like new addition Mark Prior, Zambrano knows Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild from their time in Chicago.
  • The Yankees are believed to be on Felix Hernandez's no-trade list, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link).

also Fuentes, Crain & Masterson are on Red Sox radar (Indians don't want to part with Masterson though)... We gotta outbid on Crain because he's a solid middle reliever.....

Originally Posted by Essential1

Iceberg ahead...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Iceberg ahead...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom