Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by airjordan2k4

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Essential1

Trading for Felix would definitely cost the Yanks Montero and other top level prospects. Why not spend the Lee money and resign Kerry Wood and the rest of the bullpen. Or why not offer Brandon Webb an incentive contract, he was hurt last year but before that he was considered one if not the best pitcher in baseball, why not give him a try.

Would make sense to spend   8-10mil on Wood..  8-12 mil on a Soriano or Jenks,  and 1-4 on other 2-3 other people..

But Cashman is picking a hell of a time to be frugal with his money

Don't mention Soriano, dude is useless to us. He plays with no heart and doesn't give a crap bout the game, and we've been there done that.

I think Essential1 means Rafael Soriano not Alfonso Soriano. Apart from getting a starting pitcher and fixing their bullpen, I think the Yanks need a leadoff hitter. Maybe it means getting one from free agency ie Johnny Damon or moving up Granderson or Gardner. Jeter is better in the number 2 spot in my opinion.

Yup I meant Rafael..

As for leadoff, I think you are right, Jeter is best at #2, but I think Jeter is better for the rest of the lineup if he was put at #1.

Jeter hits into the most DPs, how is he a great #2? We can't have someone blow up innings hitting there. It's either #1 or bottom of the order.

Jeter hits into the most DPs, how is he a great #2? We can't have someone blow up innings hitting there. It's either #1 or bottom of the order.

Pettitte is leaning towards coming back but is not willing to be lowballed like he was a couple of years ago.

If Wood is getting closer money from Chicago, then good riddance. Brandon Webb is nothing close to the pitcher he was a few years ago. He's barely throwing off a mound nowadays. He wouldn't be ready until the All-Star break. Not gonna take that risk especially after taking a risk on Prior.

Pettitte is leaning towards coming back but is not willing to be lowballed like he was a couple of years ago.

If Wood is getting closer money from Chicago, then good riddance. Brandon Webb is nothing close to the pitcher he was a few years ago. He's barely throwing off a mound nowadays. He wouldn't be ready until the All-Star break. Not gonna take that risk especially after taking a risk on Prior.

Trading for Felix would definitely cost the Yanks Montero and other top level prospects. Why not spend the Lee money and resign Kerry Wood and the rest of the bullpen. Or why not offer Brandon Webb an incentive contract, he was hurt last year but before that he was considered one if not the best pitcher in baseball, why not give him a try.

Would make sense to spend   8-10mil on Wood..  8-12 mil on a Soriano or Jenks,  and 1-4 on other 2-3 other people..

Don't mention Soriano, dude is useless to us. He plays with no heart and doesn't give a crap bout the game, and we've been there done that.

I think Essential1 means Rafael Soriano not Alfonso Soriano. Apart from getting a starting pitcher and fixing their bullpen, I think the Yanks need a leadoff hitter. Maybe it means getting one from free agency ie Johnny Damon or moving up Granderson or Gardner. Jeter is better in the number 2 spot in my opinion.

A. If it's Rafael, then I apologize Essential1, people have been mentioning Alfonso in trade talks as well.

B. We have 2 maybe 3 leadoff hitters, Gardner, Jeter and Granderson can all technically lead off.

C. Yankees are closing in on Feliciano, but it looks like they won't bring back Wood.

A. If it's Rafael, then I apologize Essential1, people have been mentioning Alfonso in trade talks as well.

B. We have 2 maybe 3 leadoff hitters, Gardner, Jeter and Granderson can all technically lead off.

C. Yankees are closing in on Feliciano, but it looks like they won't bring back Wood.

well...there that goes...

Red Sox agree on a 2 yr deal worth 12 mil with Bobby Jenks

eek.gif
sox are on a mission.

Let's call it a year... Cashman won't spend money for the first time in a decade, while the Red Sox are signing every1 left and right...

He will probably let Wood go, and we will be stuck with the same team as last year on opening day, but worse because the Red Sox got much better..

Let's call it a year... Cashman won't spend money for the first time in a decade, while the Red Sox are signing every1 left and right...

He will probably let Wood go, and we will be stuck with the same team as last year on opening day, but worse because the Red Sox got much better..

There's still a lot of offseason left but is the lack of George Steibrenner's presence affecting the Yankees?

Let's just say that after missing out on Lee, they've decided on a budget now of an additional $8-10m to spend on 2011 payroll and some of that is due to Jeter's contract, was re-signing him for 3 years worth it?  What if Soriano doesn't want to be a set-up man?  What's left to get: bullpen, another starter not including Pettitte, anything else?  Offseason signings so far have been Martin, Jeter, Mariano, Prior (minor-league) right?

There's still a lot of offseason left but is the lack of George Steibrenner's presence affecting the Yankees?

Let's just say that after missing out on Lee, they've decided on a budget now of an additional $8-10m to spend on 2011 payroll and some of that is due to Jeter's contract, was re-signing him for 3 years worth it?  What if Soriano doesn't want to be a set-up man?  What's left to get: bullpen, another starter not including Pettitte, anything else?  Offseason signings so far have been Martin, Jeter, Mariano, Prior (minor-league) right?

w t f !!!

is cashman meditating ?

wanna get off ya %%% cash and improve this team besides re signing everybody .........

holy !$*%
30t6p3b.gif

w t f !!!

is cashman meditating ?

wanna get off ya %%% cash and improve this team besides re signing everybody .........

holy !$*%
30t6p3b.gif

The off-season aint over yet, but i mean..lets see the sox play a few games before we crown them.

We Had 96 wins last year. Andy, our #2 missed two months, posada missed two months, grandy was AWOL for 6 weeks, teix and arod couldnt hit a beachball, jeter had the worst season of his career and still racked up 100 runs, burnett pitched TERRIBLE,  javy pitched horrible. We limped in to the post season and still made it to the alcs. Its ok to be optomistic with the team we have now, give or take a few pieces.

The off-season aint over yet, but i mean..lets see the sox play a few games before we crown them.

We Had 96 wins last year. Andy, our #2 missed two months, posada missed two months, grandy was AWOL for 6 weeks, teix and arod couldnt hit a beachball, jeter had the worst season of his career and still racked up 100 runs, burnett pitched TERRIBLE,  javy pitched horrible. We limped in to the post season and still made it to the alcs. Its ok to be optomistic with the team we have now, give or take a few pieces.

The Yanks are def missing the presence of George Steinbrenner. I'm sure they're pretty satisfied with their lineup and if all of these analyst are right about Montero being a Manny Ramirez type hitter then he'll def help. But last yr their starting rotation was pretty sketchy and they haven't done anything to improve that. I really can't blame Lee for not wanting to go to NY, besides CC and maybe Hughes what other reliable starting pitcher do they have (reports said Pettitte would prob retire if they got Lee).

Its just funny that all other teams are willing to spend a "premium" on relievers this year, but Cashman is being frugal.

The Yanks are def missing the presence of George Steinbrenner. I'm sure they're pretty satisfied with their lineup and if all of these analyst are right about Montero being a Manny Ramirez type hitter then he'll def help. But last yr their starting rotation was pretty sketchy and they haven't done anything to improve that. I really can't blame Lee for not wanting to go to NY, besides CC and maybe Hughes what other reliable starting pitcher do they have (reports said Pettitte would prob retire if they got Lee).

Its just funny that all other teams are willing to spend a "premium" on relievers this year, but Cashman is being frugal.

Guys lets not go buck-wild. Look in the 90s we had just a slightly above-avg team that developed talent that led to 5 championships and 7 WS appearances. I don't mind having 1 or 2 years where we develop some of that talent to take over for this generation. I understand that Jeter's, A-Rods, Rivera's, and others careers are heading downward but I mean we can't expect an all-star filled team. Those teams from the late 90s really didn't have any player that wowed you as the best in their position. Let's see how things go, I actually prefer years where our expectations are lower.

Guys lets not go buck-wild. Look in the 90s we had just a slightly above-avg team that developed talent that led to 5 championships and 7 WS appearances. I don't mind having 1 or 2 years where we develop some of that talent to take over for this generation. I understand that Jeter's, A-Rods, Rivera's, and others careers are heading downward but I mean we can't expect an all-star filled team. Those teams from the late 90s really didn't have any player that wowed you as the best in their position. Let's see how things go, I actually prefer years where our expectations are lower.

Back
Top Bottom