6. RF - Jayson Werth
7. DH - Jorge Posada
8. C - Jesus Montero/Austin Romine
9. CF - Curtis Granderson

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People we need to re-sign

Mo (3 years)
Jeter (3 years)
Posada (1-2 years) I can't tolerate him anymore but for hometown sake we will resign him unless he leaves
Pettitte (1-2 years) (would have had a great year if not for an injury.. don't know if he will come back but he is a good #3)
Thames (3 years) off the bench he is a good player
Kerry Wood (4 years) (7th or 8th inning reliever)
Berkman (1 year) (only if he takes $1-3 mil) (nothing more)

Positions to focus on
Starting Pitching
Relief Pitching
Start preparing a Catcher to take over for Posada

People we need to let go
Javi Vasquez
Robertson
Joba (we need to move him before he has 0 value... He is not of any benefit for us anymore)

Players we need to go after
Cliff Lee (don't care what it costs... We let him get away once and kept us out of the World Series, can't have it happen again)
Carl Crawford
Dontrelle Willis (wouldn't be much of a financial burden and he would be a #5 starter if Andy doesn't come back... Worst case scenario it doesn't work out and we don't have a #5 starter... If Andy stays try and test him out in the bullpen... If you can get a former #1 starter on the low to try and rebuild him, it is worth a try if there is not much financial risk)
As for relievers your guess is as good as mine.. Wood is essential... We need 2 other arms in the bullpen to be with Wood & Rivera

Final Roster

Batting Order:
1 - Jeter SS
2- Swisher RF
3- Cano 2B
4- ARod 3B
5- Tex 1B
6- Crawford LF
7- Posada C
8- Granderson CF
9- Gardener DH (you could use Swish as DH but Swisher's arm as DH is a good asset)

LHP: 5 righties  4 lefties    RHP: 2 righties 7 lefties

Bench
C- Montero or Cervelli (Hopefully Montero if we are looking to replace Posada soon)
Backup DH- Marcus Thames
1B- Berkman
OF - Golson
2B/SS/3B - Pena

(Remaining: another bench player)

Starting Pitching
1- C.C.
2- Cliff Lee
3- Phil Hughes
4- Pettitte
5- A.J. Burnett

Relief Pitchers
RHP- Dustin Moseley
LHP- Dontrelle Willis
RHP- Kerry Wood
RHP- Mo

(Remaining 1 Bullpen pitchers)

Mo (3 years)
Jeter (3 years)
Posada (1-2 years) I can't tolerate him anymore but for hometown sake we will resign him unless he leaves
Pettitte (1-2 years) (would have had a great year if not for an injury.. don't know if he will come back but he is a good #3)

Positions to focus on
Starting Pitching
Relief Pitching

People we need to let go
Javi Vasquez
Robertson
Joba (we need to move him before he has 0 value... He is not of any benefit for us anymore)

Cliff Lee (don't care what it costs... We let him get away once and kept us out of the World Series, can't have it happen again)
Carl Crawford
Dontrelle Willis (wouldn't be much of a financial burden and he would be a #5 starter if Andy doesn't come back... Worst case scenario it doesn't work out and we don't have a #5 starter... If Andy stays try and test him out in the bullpen... If you can get a former #1 starter on the low to try and rebuild him, it is worth a try if there is not much financial risk)
As for relievers your guess is as good as mine.. Wood is essential... We need 2 other arms in the bullpen to be with Wood & Rivera

Final Roster

Batting Order:
1 - Jeter SS
2- Swisher RF
3- Cano 2B
4- ARod 3B
5- Tex 1B
6- Crawford LF
7- Posada C
8- Granderson CF
9- Gardener DH (you could use Swish as DH but Swisher's arm as DH is a good asset)

Bench
C- Montero or Cervelli (Hopefully Montero if we are looking to replace Posada soon)
Backup DH- Marcus Thames
1B- Berkman
OF - Golson
2B/SS/3B - Pena

Starting Pitching
1- C.C.
2- Cliff Lee
3- Phil Hughes
4- Pettitte
5- A.J. Burnett

Relief Pitchers
RHP- Dustin Moseley
LHP- Dontrelle Willis
RHP- Kerry Wood
RHP- Mo

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

why would we want willis? we have a ****** already in aj
It's far fetched.... And a project...

He wouldn't be a big contract

You put him in the bullpen... Maybe what he needs is to not have to worry about starting.... If we put him in the bullpen and he sucks get rid of him...

This is all hinging on him not asking for big money... If he still asks for big money then HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

And with AJ we move him down in the rotation... Further you move him down, the less pressure on him...

Just saw your lineup... I like the idea of starting Montero and putting Posada DH... I think no matter what he needs to be on the 25man roster come April... But we can only start him if he is ready, I don't want to throw him in there...... If he is ready then Thank Jesus.....

I disagree with the order.... If we get Crawford and bat him 6th it benefits the 7-9 hitters.. If he gets on base he is always a threat to run... And that added concentration on Crawford would help a guy like Posada and Granderson.... I also think Cano should be 3rd reason being is he will hit 300. and that extra guy on base gives us added RBI opportunities for ARod.

Also NO SWISHER........... SHAME ON YOU
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

why would we want willis? we have a ****** already in aj
It's far fetched.... And a project...

He wouldn't be a big contract

You put him in the bullpen... Maybe what he needs is to not have to worry about starting.... If we put him in the bullpen and he sucks get rid of him...

This is all hinging on him not asking for big money... If he still asks for big money then HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

And with AJ we move him down in the rotation... Further you move him down, the less pressure on him...

Just saw your lineup... I like the idea of starting Montero and putting Posada DH... I think no matter what he needs to be on the 25man roster come April... But we can only start him if he is ready, I don't want to throw him in there...... If he is ready then Thank Jesus.....

I disagree with the order.... If we get Crawford and bat him 6th it benefits the 7-9 hitters.. If he gets on base he is always a threat to run... And that added concentration on Crawford would help a guy like Posada and Granderson.... I also think Cano should be 3rd reason being is he will hit 300. and that extra guy on base gives us added RBI opportunities for ARod.

Also NO SWISHER........... SHAME ON YOU
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Mo (3 years)
Jeter (3 years)

Positions to focus on
Starting Pitching
Relief Pitching

People we need to let go
Javi Vasquez
Robertson

Carl Crawford

Final Roster

Batting Order:
1 - Jeter SS
2- Swisher RF
3- Cano 2B
4- ARod 3B
5- Tex 1B
6- Crawford LF
7- Posada C
8- Granderson CF

Bench
Backup DH- Marcus Thames
1B- Berkman
OF - Golson
2B/SS/3B - Pena

Starting Pitching
1- C.C.
2- Cliff Lee
3- Phil Hughes
4- Pettitte
5- A.J. Burnett

Relief Pitchers
RHP- Dustin Moseley
LHP- Dontrelle Willis
RHP- Kerry Wood
RHP- Mo

I want Gardener as the Dh cause swishers arm is first class!Worst Yankee post I've ever seen. Willis? Release Robertson? Resign Jorge? He has a contract. Have Montero and Romine split time at catcher is moronic. This post is more frustrating than the entire ALCS.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Mo (3 years)
Jeter (3 years)

Positions to focus on
Starting Pitching
Relief Pitching

People we need to let go
Javi Vasquez
Robertson

Carl Crawford

Final Roster

Batting Order:
1 - Jeter SS
2- Swisher RF
3- Cano 2B
4- ARod 3B
5- Tex 1B
6- Crawford LF
7- Posada C
8- Granderson CF

Bench
Backup DH- Marcus Thames
1B- Berkman
OF - Golson
2B/SS/3B - Pena

Starting Pitching
1- C.C.
2- Cliff Lee
3- Phil Hughes
4- Pettitte
5- A.J. Burnett

Relief Pitchers
RHP- Dustin Moseley
LHP- Dontrelle Willis
RHP- Kerry Wood
RHP- Mo

I want Gardener as the Dh cause swishers arm is first class!Worst Yankee post I've ever seen. Willis? Release Robertson? Resign Jorge? He has a contract. Have Montero and Romine split time at catcher is moronic. This post is more frustrating than the entire ALCS.

Berkman has said he would rather start instead of playing in a platoon role.

It's highly likely this was the last we will see of him in Yankee pinstripes.

Back
Top Bottom