:::[Official NFC Championship] San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Giants @ Candlestick:::

Originally Posted by GUNSnROSES

Originally Posted by acidicality

tumblr_ly8j846Gp91qz5ew6o1_500.png

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

This is sad. It's only a game

Pathetic.Williams returned that kickoff to the 50 to help put us in position to tie it up at 17. He blew it, twice but c'mon - a lot of things could have been better tonight.

Let's worry about Alex Smith not getting shell shocked whenever the pocket even begins to break down.

Let's worry about Alex Smith holding onto the ball and NEVER throwing it away.

Let's worry about Alex Smith throwing for 7 yards on 3rd and 8.

Let's worry about Alex Smith throwing for 2 yards on 3rd and 9.

Let's worry about Alex Smith consistently throwing inaccurate balls to whomever it may be.

Let's worry about Alex Smith's completion percentage being close to zero if he's on the run.

Let's worry about Alex Smith not going through progressions - if his first read isn't there, that play is OVER.

*@@@ outta here demanding more weapons for this bum. You start Calvin Johnson across from Andre Johnson and Smith would still "manage" games.
Alex had a "GREAT" year for Alex.  Think about how sad it is that we're celebrating that.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by BaldGrill

i'm just mad that the giants didn't beat us. that W was gift wrapped to them. i would be taking the L a lot better if the giants had turned in a good drive and sealed it with a field goal. the way it ended just hurts.
tumblr_li09zdPyrl1qhzl0jo1_400.jpg

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or win by a mile. Winning is winnning. 
laugh.gif

I'll take the gift wrapped win!
no doubt dude, i'll take a gift wrapped win any day. no arguing that. it just sucks the game was decided by a fluke play. it deserved a better ending regardless of who won it.

Originally Posted by What up

Let's worry about Alex Smith not getting shell shocked whenever the pocket even begins to break down.

Let's worry about Alex Smith holding onto the ball and NEVER throwing it away.

Let's worry about Alex Smith throwing for 7 yards on 3rd and 8.

Let's worry about Alex Smith throwing for 2 yards on 3rd and 9.

Let's worry about Alex Smith consistently throwing inaccurate balls to whomever it may be.

Let's worry about Alex Smith's completion percentage being close to zero if he's on the run.

Let's worry about Alex Smith not going through progressions - if his first read isn't there, that play is OVER.

*@@@ outta here demanding more weapons for this bum. You start Calvin Johnson across from Andre Johnson and Smith would still "manage" games.
Alex had a "GREAT" year for Alex.  Think about how sad it is that we're celebrating that.
I don't disagree with you on any of those points but do you think Williams, Ginn, and Crabtree are a great receiving core?

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

i'm just mad that the giants didn't beat us. that W was gift wrapped to them. i would be taking the L a lot better if the giants had turned in a good drive and sealed it with a field goal. the way it ended just hurts.
tumblr_li09zdPyrl1qhzl0jo1_400.jpg

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or win by a mile. Winning is winnning. 
laugh.gif

I'll take the gift wrapped win!
no doubt dude, i'll take a gift wrapped win any day. no arguing that. it just sucks the game was decided by a fluke play. it deserved a better ending regardless of who won it.

and we beat the cardinals by a mysterious call and austin miles dropped a wide open touchdown and won by a blocked field goal. being a giants fan isnt good for my heart. 
laugh.gif

Listen, we can go in circles all night. Most QBs would make that receivers corp look a lot better than Smith makes them look. The problem ALWAYS starts at who is throwing the ball. But what Smith often does can't even be described as "throwing."

dudes act like Kyle Williams ruined their life. Just a game. It is a part of sports.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ some of these delusional 49ers fans.
Your entire offense is laughable. If it wasn't for the stellar play of your defense, this game isn't even close.

I see plenty of blame going out on the SF WR's. No one's mentioning Alex Smith's patented Donovan McNabb throws to the dirt or feet?....or the ZERO accuracy outside of the pocket or on the run?

Stop being silly. Outside of two splash plays, the offense was flat out pathetic.

Whole unit needs to give their gamechecks to that defense.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ some of these delusional 49ers fans.
Your entire offense is laughable. If it wasn't for the stellar play of your defense, this game isn't even close.

I see plenty of blame going out on the SF WR's. No one's mentioning Alex Smith's patented Donovan McNabb throws to the dirt or feet?....or the ZERO accuracy outside of the pocket or on the run?

Stop being silly. Outside of two splash plays, the offense was flat out pathetic.

Whole unit needs to give their gamechecks to that defense.
The defense has been playing that way all year so please shut up. You can argue that the defense was off being that this being the only game I believe they didn't force a turnover.
Yes your right the the offense played like %#!* (credit the Giants defense some) converting on 1st down CAN"T HAPPEN it just can't. Some of the blame should go to Smith and some to the WR. I lost count of how many balls Smith threw out of bounds. Giants locked down Davis in the 2nd half (just as we did to Cruz) and Smith had nowhere to throw. The receivers got zero separation and from what I saw when the Giants really applied pressure thats when he over threw open or semi open receivers.

Congratulations Giants fans on the win. Five road wins in a row thats really awesome stat to be proud of. 

400410_2918756361553_1040087831_2956220_2083461395_n.jpg

49er fans stay strong.

Slow your role there buddy. We can easily reply by saying if it wasn't for Kyle Williams' 2 TOs you don't get those field goals to win. Actually if you didn't get the first one you would've lost.

The last time I remember so much backlash against a player for screwing up was ironically a Giants player, kicker Matt Dodge 
laugh.gif

That was the game when he kicked it to Desean Jackson who returned for a touchdown when all he had to do was kick it out of bounds. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Savraj1

The last time I remember so much backlash against a player for screwing up was ironically a Giants player, kicker Matt Dodge�
laugh.gif
. That was the game when he kicked it to Desean Jackson who returned�

frown.gif

Originally Posted by k3stacks

This game sho aint on Smith. The playcalling down the stretch for the niners was putrid

its on alex smith, the coaching staff, and the whole %!%@#%% team.
only consolation to this loss is that big mouth glasses is eating crow right now...

49ers better be looking for a new QB next year. cant always be relying on the defense to save the day...

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Both teams played hard, was a good game. Both defenses played well, BUT the better team did not win. Niners have the better defense, and 2 +*%!+$ up punt returns by williams was the difference maker. Game should have never went to OT, but oh well. Giants didnt have a kyle williams on thier team. And Eli was stout in crunch time. Good Luck in the SuperBowl
Can't say the better team didn't win, our offense is better, 49ers defense is better. It's not like the 49ers defense is drastically better either, their secondary is weak. Eli had NO problem throwing the ball until the 4th quarter, just like Brees had no problem throwing the ball the whole game. 
Agreed to an extent...the 49ers couldn't move the ball at the end either. It's hard to say that they would have scored if Kyle Williams didn't fumble, but we'll never know now.
The secondary is fine; it's a passing league and QBs are gonna be able to get yardage even on good defenses. However,  Eli didn't win the game at the end- it was the fumble that put the Giants in position to win.

Both teams are very evenly matched, and the scores of both games they've played proves that. If both teams played 10 times it would probably be 50/50.
a) exactly, the first time they even played head to head I did not see anything that showed me the Giants cannot play a well fought game with them, and I said their defense would match their intensity, no way a Tom Coughlin team on a playoff run would allow the opposing team to "out-hit" them.
b) yup

....and stop with this gift wrapped win makes you sound like cry babies. Alex scored and made some nice throws on two blown coverage's to Vernon that were pretty fluky, outside of that he did absolutely nothing. 49ers special team were the best in the league and its the Giants special teams who made the plays to win, you know, sort of like those forced strips and fumbles the 49ers did to the Saints the week before, are those gift wrapped as well? He had no business being near that football that hit his knee, nobody to blame but himself.

Originally Posted by k3stacks

This game sho aint on Smith. The playcalling down the stretch for the niners was putrid

I'm still confused.  The game is tied.  You just made a huge stop.  1:50 seconds left, you only need a FG to win.  You have all of your timeouts and  your franchise's all-time leading rusher is in the backfield, and you pass the ball 3 straight times, with ALEX SMITH
indifferent.gif
.  Between the last 2 minutes of the 4th and the whole OT, Frank Gore touched the ball once (On a draw play).  16 carries for your franchise's all-time leading rusher is not going to do it.

Congrats GMen - A season you've had is utterly impressive.

Theodore Ginn, Jr. - Get well soon - There is a contract coming your way
Kyle Williams - You are a damn good promising reciever, HEAD UP BOY

Twitter / Patrick willis: @KyleWilliams_10 keep ur h ...
twitter.com
‎@KyleWilliams_10 keep ur head up. U r my brother n teammate N I would put u back there all over again. We all lost this game tonight not u.

PATRICK WILLIS - YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A INDIVIDUAL, DONT JUST WEAR GOLD: GOT A HEART OF GOLD.

Never seen a qb take a beating like that and win the game. Eli got demolished and never fumbled once, meanwhile Williams barely gets grazed and loses the ball lulz.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Slow your role there buddy. We can easily reply by saying if it wasn't for Kyle Williams' 2 TOs you don't get those field goals to win. Actually if you didn't get the first one you would've lost.
The only two words that stick out in your entire thread.

Back
Top Bottom