Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Like the look of that but I won't be satisfied until it is absolutely official.
Yeah, let's not forget how this same situation played out for the Eagles with LeCharles Bentley a couple years ago...

Man, I don't wanna mess with Asante twice a year.
smh.gif

Drayton Florence signing in Detroit or Washington is not a good look for Dallas... That was a guy they were wanting as their 3rd CB...

I'm likin thissss
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jets close in on Faneca

The free-agent signing period opened at midnight, and the Jets were expected the strike quickly. The target: Steelers LG Alan Faneca.

The Jets are poised to make Faneca an $8 million-a-year offer and, barring an upset, they will get their man. The official announcement may not happen for aday or two, but those in the know believe it's a fait accompli. It's never done until the ink is on the paper, but the Jets are expected to outbid theRams and 49ers.

Faneca, 31, is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection. He would fill a gaping hole at left guard, sliding between LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and C Nick Mangold.

Now look for them to pursue the Lions' Damien Woody to play right tackle. He has been a guard and center most of his career - he was benched at guardmidway through last season - but played the final five games of 2007 at right tackle. And did a pretty good job, I'm told.

Clearly, with the Jonathan Vilma, Kris Jenkins and Faneca moves (Jenkins isn't quite a done deal, I'm told), the Jets intend to be major players thisoffseason.

I hit up Trav earlier today and he said zant waitin on the florida squads. But damn eagles musta hit Alonzo wit some numbers. In the morning I'll put insome leg work

SAINTS SNAG VILMA

Tom Rock of Newsday reports that the Jets have struck a deal with the Saints for linebacker Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma will go to New Orleans, apparently for a conditional pick in the 2009 draft.

The conditional nature of the selection suggests that there are lingering concerns about Vilma's knee.

Dolphins agreed to terms with G Justin Smiley on a five-year contract worth $25 million, including a $9 million signing bonus.

not sure if that's official.

Looks like the Cowboys could be trading Jason Ferguson to the Dolphins are a couple of draft picks...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Looks like the Cowboys could be trading Jason Ferguson to the Dolphins are a couple of draft picks...
GOOD. i see Parcells got one of his man crushs on his team now

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Yeah, no kidding... Trading Ferg will open up another couple of million in cap space, too. So it sounds like a good deal all around.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Raiders expected to make offer to Gibril Wilson...for around 6 - 6.5 mil a year
Yeah boy.
Gibril went to high school in San Jose.
I can see him signing with us, we need someone opposite Huff at Safety because Schweigert(sp) is
sick.gif

On a sidenote, I can't believe we gave Tommy Kelly the highest contract for a DT in history.
That'll change in a bit(Albert Haynsworth is gunna get $$$), but still
smh.gif

I am willing to bet in the next year or two, some disgruntled Raider fan is going to take out Al Davis
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

SAINTS SNAG VILMA

Tom Rock of Newsday reports that the Jets have struck a deal with the Saints for linebacker Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma will go to New Orleans, apparently for a conditional pick in the 2009 draft.

The conditional nature of the selection suggests that there are lingering concerns about Vilma's knee.

Good upgrade for the Saints D.

Read on another forum Kwame Harris has/will sign with Oakland. Also read(on the same forum) the Niners have inked often injured RB Deshaun Foster to a two yr deal.

Read on another forum Kwame Harris has/will sign with Oakland. Also read(on the same forum) the Niners have inked often injured RB Deshaun Foster to a two yr deal.

Dolphins agreed to terms with G Justin Smiley on a five-year contract worth $25 million, including a $9 million signing bonus.

not sure if that's official.
Solid pick-up if its true... McClou doesn't like giving guards big deals so we didn't resign him. Not like our crappy QB's need anoffensive line or anything....
indifferent.gif

I'm likin thissss
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jets close in on Faneca

The free-agent signing period opened at midnight, and the Jets were expected the strike quickly. The target: Steelers LG Alan Faneca.

The Jets are poised to make Faneca an $8 million-a-year offer and, barring an upset, they will get their man. The official announcement may not happen for a day or two, but those in the know believe it's a fait accompli. It's never done until the ink is on the paper, but the Jets are expected to outbid the Rams and 49ers.

Faneca, 31, is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection. He would fill a gaping hole at left guard, sliding between LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and C Nick Mangold.

Now look for them to pursue the Lions' Damien Woody to play right tackle. He has been a guard and center most of his career - he was benched at guard midway through last season - but played the final five games of 2007 at right tackle. And did a pretty good job, I'm told.

Clearly, with the Jonathan Vilma, Kris Jenkins and Faneca moves (Jenkins isn't quite a done deal, I'm told), the Jets intend to be major players this offseason.
pimp.gif

It's all coming together...

[table][tr][td]SoHi 23[/td] [td]
unread.gif
[/td] [td]#236[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://[/color]"][/color][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://sohi-23.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

02/29/08 1:01 AM
[/td] [td]

Raiders expected to make offer to Gibril Wilson...for around 6 - 6.5 mil a year
Yeah boy.
Gibril went to high school in San Jose.
I can see him signing with us, we need someone opposite Huff at Safety because Schweigert(sp) is
sick.gif

On a sidenote, I can't believe we gave Tommy Kelly the highest contract for a DT in history.
That'll change in a bit(Albert Haynsworth is gunna get $$$), but still
smh.gif

I am willing to bet in the next year or two, some disgruntled Raider fan is going to take out Al Davis
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[/td] [/tr]
[/url][/table]

Source on Gibril Wilson??

And yea, I posted the Tommy Kelly deal in the Raiders Offseason thread...and I gotta agree with you homie that deal makes no sense to me at all, theyshould've used atleast half that money on Asomugha
http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/1352939/type/0

Source on Gibril Wilson??
Someone familiar with the situation tells Newsday that free agent S Gibril Wilson is expected to sign a deal with theRaiders.
The deal would be for $6-6.5 million a year, more than he was initially thought to be seeking. It looks like Oakland will keep Michael Huff at strong safety in2008, rather than move him to his more natural spot on the weak side.

Source: Newsday

pimp.gif
I'm down with this...our secondary is lookin a lot better now that we don't gotta deal with Stuart Schweigerts punk %!# no more! All we need isanother legit DE opposite of Derrick Burgess or another DT and I think we'll have a pretty solid D goin into the season.

Fabian Washington needs to step his game up a little more, I know we play a lot of man coverage...more than the average team but we need some INT's fromour DB's.

Edit:: Finally, some progress for my Raiders!!
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Yeah, no kidding... Trading Ferg will open up another couple of million in cap space, too. So it sounds like a good deal all around.

yeah...looks like we stand at about 3 million right now. And with the Fergy trade to Miami, we might get a mil or so back.

Did I not emphasize the money factor Nowitness???

If we restructure a couple of contracts here and there we should be fine, but my question is how much can we possible free up? I know we're still gunnabe active, but my dream to pursue Moss has sorta died down
ohwell.gif

I find it hard to believe that Javon will even come down here...

I mean we gotta save some money for the draft too, and dont forget about Canty and BARBER

Back
Top Bottom