Official NFL Offseason Thread

word its been reported Gibril's a raider, I dont have a link tho. maybe they just havent inked the deal yet

nvm, I found it
2841.jpg

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [h3]Gibril Wilson | Defensive Back[/h3]
[table][tr][td]TEAM:[/td] [td]Oakland Raiders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HEIGHT/WEIGHT:[/td] [td]6'0' / 209[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DOB:[/td] [td]11/12/1981[/td] [/tr][tr][td]AGE:[/td] [td]26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]COLLEGE:[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CONTRACT INFO:[/td] [td]2/29/2008: Signed a six-year, $39 million contract. Details[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Mai[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Raiders signed S Gibril Wilson, formerly of the Giants, to a six-year, $39 million contract. The deal includes $16 million guaranteed.

The Raiders consider their safeties interchangeable, but we suspect they'll use Wilson more in the box and let Michael Huff patrol the deep middle, assuming Huff isn't traded. Wilson picked off a career-high four passes last year. He's now overpaid, but is a better tackler than Stuart Schweigert. Schweigert will likely battle Hiram Eugene to be Oakland's third safety.

Source: NFL.com

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

No matter what happens with us now, we are in a great position. We either have a starting secondary comprised of Samuel, Lito, Brown, and Dawkins, or we have a secondary with Samuel, Brown, Dawkins, and Fitzgerald at WR. There is nothing more I want to see than us getting that Fitzgerald trade done. It would feel like I'm playing Madden. Last time the Eagles ponied up the cash, we ended up in the SB. This time we're winning it.

Preach.

So Gibril, Mitchell, Torbor and Finn are gone.
Joseph and Ward are probably gone too. Giants will be drafting defense this off-season.

Oakland and Miami are just throwing cash out right now.

Not Wes Welker, but Asante is overrated. I'd still put him in top 5 or 6 CBs right now. I think he's good tho, but overrated.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by KobeKid24

berrian left minny without a contract

briggs is flirting with the saints
and he's on his way to Oakland

he took a physical for them today, and he's coming back tomorrow to visit the viqueens

also, no scheduled visit for briggs to tampa yet.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Eagle fans all hyped over Samuel..... imo everyone will see how overrated he was in NE.
b72153ef565626477c2888c9471e8bef52a3682.bmp
You sir are a fool for that. Look at his stats.
[table][tr][td]
Asante Samuel's Career State
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Year
[/td] [td]
GP/GS
[/td] [td]
Total Tkl
[/td] [td]
Solo
[/td] [td]
Asst.
[/td] [td]
Int
[/td] [td]
Yds
[/td] [td]
TDs
[/td] [td]
PD
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2003[/td] [td] 16/1[/td] [td] 36[/td] [td] 33[/td] [td] 3[/td] [td] 2[/td] [td] 55[/td] [td] 1[/td] [td] 9[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2004[/td] [td] 13/8[/td] [td] 34[/td] [td] 32[/td] [td] 2[/td] [td] 1[/td] [td] 34[/td] [td] 1[/td] [td] 12[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2005[/td] [td] 15/15[/td] [td] 53[/td] [td] 41[/td] [td] 12[/td] [td] 3[/td] [td] 15[/td] [td] 0[/td] [td] 18[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2006[/td] [td] 15/15[/td] [td] 62[/td] [td] 56[/td] [td] 6[/td] [td] 10[/td] [td] 120[/td] [td] 0[/td] [td] 24[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2007[/td] [td] 16/14[/td] [td] 43[/td] [td] 41[/td] [td] 2[/td] [td] 6[/td] [td] 89[/td] [td] 1[/td] [td] 16[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Career[/td] [td] 73/53[/td] [td] 228[/td] [td] 203[/td] [td] 25[/td] [td] 22[/td] [td] 313[/td] [td] 3[/td] [td] 79[/td] [/tr][/table]
Pretty soon when he fits in Jim Johnson's defensive scheme, look for him to be to create more takeaways for us. And I don't blame the Pats for lettingSamuel go. They pretty much have a good record when it comes to filling holes with young players.

damnit why the hell didnt the giants use the franchise tag on gibril, i knew he would leave he wanted a new deal last year they could have gotten him for i bet5 years 25 mil. how the hell are the raiders a team that is not going to make the playoffs at least the next 2 seasons dumb enough to spend all that money on 2safetys.

i'm shocked about torbor i really liked him when ever he was on the field he was always around the ball he was never given a chance, which that will end upbeing a steal from this offseason

giants better trade for hall and while they are at it sign a LB

This Fitzgerald trade needs to get done already. It's over for everybody if we land Fitzgerald.

This Fitzgerald trade needs to get done already. It's over for everybody if we land Fitzgerald.

That would be nuts for the Eagles, but somehow McNabb would choke the season away in the playoffs like usual assuming of course he doesn't get hurtfirst....like usual.

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

That would be nuts for the Eagles, but somehow McNabb would choke the season away in the playoffs like usual assuming of course he doesn't get hurt first....like usual.

Always McNabb with the choke. I'll admit, he blew it in the Super Bowl. But Andy Reid's awful time/game management also cost us a ring. Everybodygot pounded in the NFCCG against the Bucs. And against the Panthers, we may have well just put toilet paper out there instead of the WRs we did.

He finished strong in 2007. I expect it to carry over, especially if we get Fitzgerald. A healthy McNabb+Westbrook+Fitzgerald+Curtis+healthy LJ Smith =major problems for every defense in the league.

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

That would be nuts for the Eagles, but somehow McNabb would choke the season away in the playoffs like usual assuming of course he doesn't get hurt first....like usual.

indifferent.gif

Berkeley Boy wrote:

DaJoka004 wrote:

That would be nuts for the Eagles, but somehow McNabb would choke the season away in the playoffs like usual assuming of course he doesn't get hurt
first....like usual.

Always McNabb with the choke. I'll admit, he blew it in the Super Bowl. But Andy Reid's awful time/game management also cost us a ring. Everybody
got pounded in the NFCCG against the Bucs. And against the Panthers, we may have well just put toilet paper out there instead of the WRs we did.

He finished strong in 2007. I expect it to carry over, especially if we get Fitzgerald. A healthy McNabb+Westbrook+Fitzgerald+Curtis+healthy LJ Smith =
major problems for every defense in the league.

Yeah, I'm referring to the Super Bowl with the McNabb choke job. I don't think anyone blames McNabb for the game against the Panthers. God that wasugly to watch.

But it seems as if McNabb stays getting hurt on some fluke type of play. Like the 06 season when he tore his ACL getting pushed out of bounds. I think this waslike the

4th time in the past 6 years that he failed to play an entire season. So if he can stay healthy, then yes, that would be a great looking offense on paper.

How's Kolb BTW? The only game I've seen of his was against New England and he seemed pretty solid minus that dumb interception late in the game.

Gibril on the Raidaz
pimp.gif

Asante in Philly WILL be
pimp.gif
... imagine how many he gone take back as aresult of that blitz

I like the Isaac Bruce pick up, but whats good with gettin D Foster? Hicks+Gore is solid... someone explain

Back
Top Bottom