Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by STRIFE O

whats with the fitzgerald trade talk? i havent heard anything about it...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Unless you mean the Lito/Fitz trade....

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Ok, other than the Eagles homers on Niketalk I haven't heard squat about the Eagles landing Fitz. They said something about Lito... what is the tradethey're talking about? Please God don't tell me they think Lito is enough to land Fitz...

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Ok, other than the Eagles homers on Niketalk I haven't heard squat about the Eagles landing Fitz. They said something about Lito... what is the trade they're talking about? Please God don't tell me they think Lito is enough to land Fitz...

well it is just a rumor
laugh.gif

they're even talking about Chad Johnson going to Philly
roll.gif

http://blastmagazine.com/2008/02/source-eagles-want-larry-fitzgerald/

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Shaun Rogers to Cincy is on hold; apparently Cleveland is willing to give a third and Bodden compared toCincinnati's third and fifth offer.

^ I've been reading Rodgers to Cleveland is a done deal, but they also said Rodgers to Cincy was a done deal

any rumors on the saints getting corner help?
Randall Gay was in NO today. He's from Louisiana so the saints probably have the edge in signing him right now

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
moving Sheldon to FS, isnt he like 5'8" ?

laugh.gif

Text from Trav

"That Boy LOOSE"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Great day to be an Eagles fan.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Asante has been our first biggest signing for our secondary since Troy Vincent. I expect him to do great with Philly.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how he got the asante jersey avy and asante in his sig and asante aint even been a eagle for 24 hours yet. The day aint even over yet and you goin in?
sick.gif
disgusting. yall know who.

ps: the hell the Ravens at?!
nerd.gif
tired.gif

its not like the cards need CB's anyways so why would they want lito?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I hope you are playing ...
Rolle has 2 great games, and a decent yr
Roderick Hood is their other CB
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
backed up by Ralph Brown

the reason the Cards would ask for alot is because Bryant Johnson is a UFA, and letting go Larry F. would leave only Boldin.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

smh.gif

laugh.gif

Text from Trav

"That Boy LOOSE"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Asante has been our first biggest signing for our secondary since Troy Vincent. I expect him to do great with Philly.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how he got the asante jersey avy and asante in his sig and asante aint even been a eagle for 24 hours yet. The day aint even over yet and you goin in?
sick.gif

nerd.gif
tired.gif
I don't think the Ravens are going to be major players in FA this year.

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

smh.gif

laugh.gif

Text from Trav

"That Boy LOOSE"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

nerd.gif
tired.gif
I don't think the Ravens are going to be major players in FA this year.

indifferent.gif

So the Shaun Rogers deal FELL THROUGH????

AND HE MIGHT BE HEADED TO CLLEEEEEVEEEELAND?????

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Shaun Rogers trade to Cincinnati falls through
By NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
February 29, 2008

UPDATED AT 8:19 P.M.

Big Baby was the big news Friday as the Lions traded Shaun Rogers to Cincinnati - or maybe not.

The Lions had a deal with the Bengals for third- and fifth-round draft picks. They confirmed it. The Bengals didn't, though their official Web sitereported it, as did numerous media outlets.

But late Friday night, sources said the deal might not go through, and one source said the Lions were working on a deal with Cleveland.

The Lions had been listening to trade offers for the immensely talented but often underachieving defensive tackle, and they were working on moving him thefirst day teams could begin trading and signing free agents.

Rogers is due a $1 million roster bonus today. Rogers has three years left on his deal, with base salaries of $4.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2009and $7 million in 2010.

They had been listening to trade offers for Rogers and completed a deal today when teams were allowed to start trading. Rogers would have been due a $1 millionbonus if he were on the Lions roster Saturday.

Rogers was a second-round pick in 2001, part of president Matt Millen's first draft class.

He is immensely talented and has been outstanding at times. He has gone to two Pro Bowls.

But he has not made the expected impact at other times. His health, conditioning and work ethic have been issues.

His agent, Kennard McGuire, said Monday that he would welcome a trade.

"I truly believe a change of scenery would be the best thing for him because I truly believe he's capable of being one of the best of the best at theposition," McGuire said. "I truly believe he's someone that's truly capable of redefining what that position is about, and a change ofscenery may be just the right recipe for that to happen."

Lions get Bodden and third-rounder
by Tom Kowalski
Friday February 29, 2008, 9:38 PM
It has not been confirmed yet, but a league source said the Lions are very close to finalizing a deal that will send Shaun Rogers to the Cleveland Browns for veteran cornerback Leigh Bodden and a third-round draft pick.

Details are still sketchy, but the original trade that sent Rogers to the Cincinnati Bengals for a third- and fifth-round pick did not go through.

For severals days prior to Friday, the Browns had been the most interested in dealing for Rogers. Bodden had been mentioned as part of the deal. With veteran free agent cornerbacks Brian Kelly and Drayton Florence both looking for high-dollar contracts, the Lions wanted to land a veteran cornerback in a deal for Rogers.

But now the Browns are thin CB.

Holly, Eric Wright, KENNY Wright. Is Baxter still going to be there?

Even so, the best DT in the game + some kind of CB FA signing > Leigh Bodden.

With Bodden, our D was HORRIBLE. He gave away the Cardinals game, nearly cost us the Baltimore game and we were ranked almost LAST in pass D.

With Rogers and Corey Williams = more freedom for LBs = more pressure on QBs = better pass D = Better overall D + 25+ ppg offense = SOLID TEAM.

Phil Savage is one of the BEST GMs in the League. He's is that confident in being able to find 2nd day draft studs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

With Bodden, our D was HORRIBLE. He gave away the Cardinals game, nearly cost us the Baltimore game and we were ranked almost LAST in pass D.

With Rogers and Corey Williams = more freedom for LBs = more pressure on QBs = better pass D = Better overall D + 25+ ppg offense = SOLID TEAM.

Phil Savage is one of the BEST GMs in the League. He's is that confident in being able to find 2nd day draft studs
pimp.gif

word Corey Williams will be nice for yall, i liked him a lot in Green Bay, were so deep at DT though its awesome that Ted Thomson was able to get somethingfor him when they coulda just let him go to FA
smokin.gif

[table][tr][td]Mike Lehan[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]6-0[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Dolphins[/td] [td]Dolphins[/td] [td]Insiders Only
in.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sean Ryan[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]265[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]NY Jets[/td] [td]Dolphins[/td] [td]Insiders Only
in.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Justin Smiley[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]311[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]49ers[/td] [td]Dolphins[/td] [td]Insiders Only
in.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Randy Starks[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]312[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Titans[/td] [td]Dolphins[/td] [td]Insiders Only
in.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Reggie Torbor[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]250[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]NY Giants[/td] [td]Dolphins[/td] [td]Insiders Only
in.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ernest Wilford[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]223[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Jaguars[/td] [td]Dolphins[/td] [td]Insiders Only[/td] [/tr][/table]
plus ferguson

hopefully tomorrow the fins can pickup someone to help out that Secondary with a Randall Gay or Drayton Florence and the LB from the cards Calvin Pace... goodday so far

Originally Posted by thejrob

The Randy Moss suspense is killing me. I don't wanna have to cop another new jersey and root for another new team. The best thing for Moss is to stay with Brady, but iono what fool is thinking and what the Pats are thinking.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you're a RANDY MOSS fan...not a Patriots fan?

Edit the sig to Team Randy Moss, why lie for?
tired.gif

As far as Asante...
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

I wish him the best of luck in Philly...we all knew he wasn't coming back.

And I'm telling y'all if Randy Moss doesn't sign with NE...there will be hell to pay.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Front office would have lots of explaining to do.
sick.gif

laugh.gif

and
smh.gif
@ that truth

^^^^ John Clayton said on Sportscenter that the Pats and Moss are far away in contract talks and hes listening to offers from other teams

Back
Top Bottom