Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

its not like the cards need CB's anyways so why would they want lito?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I hope you are playing ...
Rolle has 2 great games, and a decent yr
Roderick Hood is their other CB
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
backed up by Ralph Brown

the reason the Cards would ask for alot is because Bryant Johnson is a UFA, and letting go Larry F. would leave only Boldin.
smh.gif
ya i was triping i forgot who they had back there

Don't lie. You want to reach 6,000 posts before your next ban.

Isn't there a bet on this? If so, I want in on the OVER. A few of these "blackberry glitches" and we'll be at 6,000 in no time.

roll.gif
roll.gif

i think in whatever thread it was everyone said he wouldnt make it till draft day. which he wont
laugh.gif

When did Bryant Johnson become a coveted wide receiver?
nerd.gif

I've been hearing about what a great pickup he'd be, and dudes are saying they'd rather sign him than Walker, etc.

laugh.gif
thats what Im sayin Kev

Bryant Johnson is no better than your avg WR that gets 40 receptions a yr.

laugh.gif
@ the post/ban wager

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

With Bodden, our D was HORRIBLE. He gave away the Cardinals game, nearly cost us the Baltimore game and we were ranked almost LAST in pass D.

With Rogers and Corey Williams = more freedom for LBs = more pressure on QBs = better pass D = Better overall D + 25+ ppg offense = SOLID TEAM.

Phil Savage is one of the BEST GMs in the League. He's is that confident in being able to find 2nd day draft studs
pimp.gif

Kam Wimbley
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bayareaboss

raiders talkin bout tradin huff? man i would give him another year to see if he develops if we do get rid of him i hope we can get something good out of him

I still don't see why the Raiders are so intent upon having Ruff play SS.....Dude is a FS all the way.....

Justin Smith to the 49ers? Eh, he is an okay player. Steelers not doing anything, staying true to the Pittsburgh way

Welcome to the 49ers Justin Smith - yeah he isn't a Casey Hampton, but he sure fills up one of our needs.

Good to see Issac Bruce come to the 49ers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by truthmain

Stop Joka you are mother freakin trippin if you think yall are getting Fitz. Stop with that talk, getting yourself too excited. Just be happy with your overrated CB.

laugh.gif
Just wait and see. If we don't get Fitz, we will get anotherbig name WR.

The Eagles landing Asante is bad news. Their defense definitely wasn't the problem

last year. So many times they held the opponent to 13-16 points only to still lose.
That's what I'm saying. Our defense has NEVER been the problem. And our system can make a competent DB a pro bowler so I don't seethe point of spending all of this money on Samuel.

Any Eagles fan with common sense knows exactly what we need. It's what we've always needed (sans the T.O. years). Anything other than a big timereceiver in this off-season and i will consider it a bust.

Great pick up for the Niners; great job at improving that O-line.

Oh wait...

mad.gif
Justin you should have got on that plane to Minny man, you could havebeen working with the best DT tandem in the league.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Justin Smith to the 49ers? Eh, he is an okay player. Steelers not doing anything, staying true to the Pittsburgh way

laugh.gif

except losing players. Faneca to the Jets, possibly Haggans to the Browns.

Browns v Steelers is gunna be sumthin serious next year
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Kam Wimbley
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
yessir

asante gonna put up numbers cuz of the defense, so to the casual fan it will look like money well spent ... the way i see it, im not worried about anything onphilly except the blitz, if we pick up the blitz, they dont have enough people back there to cover my son son TO

Chris Spielman hosts a Columbus-based radio talk show (I live here in Columbus) and said today that the Vikings and Browns are in discussions about a trade that would send Derek Anderson from the Browns to the Vikings for Minnesota's 1st-round pick.

Typically, rumors like these fail to hold much stock, but Spielman is the brother of Vikings GM Rick Spielman. I heard elsewhere that eight teams around the league have expressed interest with the Browns in trading for Anderson, and the Vikings are most definitely one of them if that is indeed the case.
Read this on another blog. Don't do it Spielman, a 1st rounder is too much for DA. One good season isn't enough....DON'T DO THIS.

Yeah, I figured DA might still be getting moved even with the sigining. This isn't the first time I've heard this DA to Minny talk. The problem is,Derek NEEDS weapons. K2 and BE bailed him out SO many times. Minny just doesn't have those caliber receivers. Sidney might get there, but Bray and Kellenare Pro Bowlers.

Phil trying to get back in the 1st day picks.

Browns | Team to meet with Greisen
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:48:19 -0800

The Cleveland Browns will meet with free-agent LB Nick Greisen (Ravens) Saturday, March 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browns | Team to meet with LaBoy
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:45:16 -0800

NFL.com reports the Cleveland Browns will meet with unrestricted free-agent DE Travis LaBoy (Titans).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browns | Team to meet with Stallworth
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:42:49 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the Cleveland Browns will meet with free-agent WR Donte' Stallworth (Patriots). A specific date for the meeting has not been set.

MAKE THAT TRADE!

supposedly, the Vikings are good QB play away from a deep playoff push, who u gonna get in the draft in round 1 that gonna help that push more than D. Anderson

Justin Smith - OVERATED!
Dude is 6'4 with the wingspan of a 5'11 human
smh.gif
overpaid for someone who aint crackin double digit sacks

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

MAKE THAT TRADE!

supposedly, the Vikings are good QB play away from a deep playoff push, who u gonna get in the draft in round 1 that gonna help that push more than D. Anderson

Justin Smith - OVERATED!
Dude is 6'4 with the wingspan of a 5'11 human
smh.gif
overpaid for someone who aint crackin double digit sacks

Yeah I'm torn a bit. I think if we go the draft route it's going to be a for a back-up, while if we get DA than of course T-Jax will be ourback-up. Again, I would just be worried dude is a one-hit wonder and outacontrol is right, Vikes don't have really any strong WRs (Berrian included, ifhe's signed) and TEs, especially not on the caliber of CLE.
Smith would have been nice on our D-Line, he would have never faced a double team and I bet his sacks would have at least doubled.
laugh.gif
That would mean 4.

whats good with this dude justin smith? i havent really seen this dude play. i just no espn talking about hoiw he could be a premier de or something like that2 days ago.

^^ lol alot of free agents dont care about the situation jus go where the money is...justin smith would have been in the situation to be a beast in minny

if moss goes to philly i will be super blown ... the best division in football by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar would be that much better ... sb champs, best team record,playoff team and philly gets randy and asante? thats pure bs

Justin Smith doesn't HAVE to get sacks. Dude is great against the run and a powerful DE with high energy. Remember we do play the 3-4. So he isn'tgoing to be rushing the passer anyway. Good signing for a reasonable price and is an instant upgrade. Hopefully we can still get Groves in the draft

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

if moss goes to philly i will be super blown ... the best division in football by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar would be that much better ... sb champs, best team record, playoff team and philly gets randy and asante? thats pure bs
By far?

Look at the AFC South and get back to me.

Back
Top Bottom