Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by truthmain

Great pick up for the Niners; great job at improving that O-line.

Oh wait...

mad.gif
Justin you should have got on that plane to Minny man, you could have been working with the best DT tandem in the league.

But then he'd be living in Minny for the next 5 years.

Oh wait ...

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

Originally Posted by truthmain

Great pick up for the Niners; great job at improving that O-line.

Oh wait...

mad.gif
Justin you should have got on that plane to Minny man, you could have been working with the best DT tandem in the league.

But then he'd be living in Minny for the next 5 years.

Oh wait ...

laugh.gif
That makes no sense...

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

The Eagles landing Asante is bad news. Their defense definitely wasn't the problem

last year. So many times they held the opponent to 13-16 points only to still lose.
That's what I'm saying. Our defense has NEVER been the problem. And our system can make a competent DB a pro bowler so I don't see the point of spending all of this money on Samuel.

Any Eagles fan with common sense knows exactly what we need. It's what we've always needed (sans the T.O. years). Anything other than a big time receiver in this off-season and i will consider it a bust.

COSIGN, we really need a receiver

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Eagles had one of the worst turnover ratios on D. Why not sign the cb w/ the most ints...

How does moss in GB sound? ...

So good you said it 4 times
laugh.gif

Seriously though, it might just push us over that barrier and let Brett go out in style (word to Elway)... We would need a good nickel CB though. But thenwould be our starting 2 WR's? Jennings or Driver? Ain't no way in hell Jennings is going to let his starting job disappear like that, and doing Driverdirty like that...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

When did Bryant Johnson become a coveted wide receiver?
nerd.gif

I've been hearing about what a great pickup he'd be, and dudes are saying they'd rather sign him than Walker, etc.

I believe that was aimed at my last comment. Javon Walker right now has been unreliable and injury prone at best. He's whined when his team loses andI'm still not sure if he got over the death of his friend Darrent Williams. That leaves him as a liability and with the way the Raiders are, we usuallybring the worse out of these type of people these days.

So with that said, I'd rather have a solid free-agent WR, whether it's Bryant Johnson or Bernard Berrian. But I believe Berrian is going to cost an armand a leg so I'd rather see Bryant Johnson with a more reasonable contract. Johnson isn't someone special, but his value has risen substantiallyconsidering a weak free agent class of wide outs and my raiders have like two wide outs on the roster right now. So yeah, he is coveted at the moment.

Justin Smith doesn't HAVE to get sacks. Dude is great against the run
Stop it.
Cue up any Bengals game over the last 5 yrs ....

If teams are paying 20 mill for "run stoppers" more power to them
laugh.gif

[enter KLJ]

You know what else I hate? White defensive ends, scrappy or not, I just hate them.

[KLJ leaves]

come on now **@. 49ers didnt learn from last year of over hyping there FA pick ups? dude ant great at nothing

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

I don't mind trading potentials in picks, for surefire beast on the DLine.

For 1/3 of the game. The dude has problems that are not going to change with scenery. He will show why he was a Pro Bowler and then he will show you why hewas only worth a 3rd rounder and Bodden. Prepare to be disappointed Browns fans.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

come on now **@. 49ers didnt learn from last year of over hyping there FA pick ups? dude ant great at nothing
roll.gif
Dudes swore that Tully Banta-Cain was the next big thing...

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

[enter KLJ]

You know what else I hate? White defensive ends, scrappy or not, I just hate them.

[KLJ leaves]
laugh.gif
queues up my white defensive end takeover thread

WHITE DEFENSIVE END APPRECIATION -Thread Takeover Vol 2 lol

ChadPennington_Jets_320x250.jpg

Kyle VandenBosch

78209285.jpg

Jared Allen

71706895.jpg

2535168.jpg

Aaron Schobel
img.87510_t.jpg

Patrick kerney

pimp.gif

They're taking Ova!

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif
Dudes swore that Tully Banta-Cain was the next big thing...
Who the hell thought that? I know some fans are delusional, but come on... I hope no one was psyched about Banta-Cain, especially when we already gotManny Lawson and Parys sittin in the wings.

I'm still not overly impressed with the 49ers FA pickups over the last two years, to be honest.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

outacontrol music wrote:

I don't mind trading potentials in picks, for surefire beast on the DLine.

For 1/3 of the game. The dude has problems that are not going to change with scenery. He will show why he was a Pro Bowler and then he will show you why he
was only worth a 3rd rounder and Bodden. Prepare to be disappointed Browns fans.

Yup, dude has a good game here there and then the team loses a few games and he's GHOST.

Free-agent buzz: Florence, Colclough get deals

by Jay Glazer and Alex Marvez, FOXSports.com

Updated: March 1, 2008, 2:14 PM EST

Two free-agent cornerbacks have found new homes.

FOXSports.com has learned San Diego Chargers cornerback Drayton Florence has agreed to a free-agent contract with Jacksonville. Ricardo Colclough also has left the Cleveland Browns for Carolina.

Florence will receive roughly $12 million in bonus money as part of his new contract. The Panthers signed Colclough to a two-year, $4 million deal.

Florence was considered one of the top free-agent cornerbacks despite having lost his starting spot to emerging star Antonio Cromartie after the 10th game last season.

Florence, a five-year veteran, was productive as a nickel corner in the playoffs. He intercepted two passes and defended four others.

Colclough, a 2004 second-round pick by Pittsburgh, could use a fresh start. After seeing extensive action as a backup defensive back his first two seasons, Colclough missed 13 games in 2006 because of a neck injury. Colclough slid down Pittsburgh's depth chart until being waived last October. Colclough was claimed by the Browns but didn't play.

Who's over hyping him? He's much better than any DE we have on the roster. We lost Bryant Young we needed to fill a hole. I'm not sayinghe's pro bowl caliber by any means but we're not over paying him either. With Justin Smith you know what you're getting and you know he'sgoing to be solid. Good, but not great.

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Who's over hyping him? He's much better than any DE we have on the roster. We lost Bryant Young we needed to fill a hole. I'm not saying he's pro bowl caliber by any means but we're not over paying him either. With Justin Smith you know what you're getting and you know he's going to be solid. Good, but not great.

Come on, you serious? I agree with most of what you said but you're crazy if you don't think $20mil guaranteed isn't overpaying. And whilehe's good, yall paying him to be great so you better hope he becomes it.

Who the hell thought that? I know some fans are delusional, but come on... I hope no one was psyched about Banta-Cain, especially when we already got Manny Lawson and Parys sittin in the wings.
49ers where hyping the hell out of signing him. i thought only gunna and I remembered it but i see dirk did to.

Who the hell thought that? I know some fans are delusional, but come on... I hope no one was psyched about Banta-Cain, especially when we already got Manny Lawson and Parys sittin in the wings.
49ers where hyping the hell out of signing him. i thought only gunna and I remembered it but i see dirk did to.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan these dudes were overly excited about signing him... Talkin about he just didn't produce in New England because he never got a fairopportunity, and he'd really be a huge contributor to their defense for years... Dudes refused to believe he was average at best.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan these dudes were overly excited about signing him... Talkin about he just didn't produce in New England because he never got a fair opportunity, and he'd really be a huge contributor to their defense for years... Dudes refused to believe he was average at best.

Wow, maybe that's why I avoid the 49ers threads as much as possible...

Maaaaaaaaaaaan these dudes were overly excited about signing him... Talkin about he just didn't produce in New England because he never got a fair opportunity, and he'd really be a huge contributor to their defense for years... Dudes refused to believe he was average at best.

smh.gif
at whoever said that.

Back
Top Bottom