Official NFL Offseason Thread

laugh.gif

By far?

Look at the AFC South and get back to me.

NFC East is the best division in football, and ONE of the better and most entertaining divisions in all of sports right now.

i just like to see the 49ers do SOMETHING... this is the only exciting part of the year for us, let us be
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

*gives it a look

NFC East is the best division in football\

laugh.gif

Cool, another blind fan on NikeTalk. We need more of those.

So because you disagree he is a blind fan. Yeah right, whatever you say man.

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

*gives it a look

NFC East is the best division in football\

laugh.gif

Cool, another blind fan on NikeTalk. We need more of those.

So because you disagree he is a blind fan. Yeah right, whatever you say man.

TEAM EAGLES

2008 will be a better year

...and I'm blind how?

Besides the Colts/Jaguars, the other 2 teams aren't THAT great.

The Cowboys had the best record (matched Indy), the Giants are the Super bowl Champs and have the 3rd youngest team in the league, and the Eagles have a prettydamn good defense and were one win away from making the playoffs after that terrible start (and a bunch of players injured). The ******** also made theplayoffs as well and have a solid group of players.

Add to the fact that MOST FANS would rather watch an NFC match up than watch a Colts/Texans game (the match ups are WAYYY MORE INTERESTING), c'mondude.....its not only about the "records".

...and I'm blind how?

Besides the Colts/Jaguars, the other 2 teams aren't THAT great.

The Cowboys had the best record (matched Indy), the Giants are the Super bowl Champs and have the 3rd youngest team in the league, and the Eagles have a pretty damn good defense and were one win away from making the playoffs after that terrible start (and a bunch of players injured). The ******** also made the playoffs as well and have a solid group of players.

Add to the fact that MOST FANS would rather watch an NFC match up than watch a Colts/Texans game (the match ups are WAYYY MORE INTERESTING), c'mon dude.....its not only about the "records".

They aren't *that* great but they aren't far off from either of the two teams you listed. The Cowboys and Giants are good teams, as are Indy andJacksonville. You talk about a pretty damn good defense for the Eagles, but what about the Titans? They have less of an offense than the Eagles, and finishedwith a stronger record. The Texans (yes, the TEXANS) aren't that much worse off than the ********. Just because the teams don't get the airtime, havethe fanbases, or the "flashy" players don't make them worse-off.

The argument started with dude saying "waaaaaaaaaaaaaay" better, all I'm saying is... when you bring up best divisions in football, you can'ttoss the AFC West under the bus like it's some scrub division.

Yea, but nobody is talking bad about the AFC West, just because some people believe the NFC East is a better division overall, doesn't mean every otherdivision is crap.

Both are similar in terms of the quality of teams, but the match ups are definitely more favorable to the NFC East and th rivalries between ALL THE TEAMS inthe division are that much greater.

Yea, but nobody is talking bad about the AFC West, just because some people believe the NFC East is a better division overall, doesn't mean every other division is crap.

Both are similar in terms of the quality of teams, but the match ups are definitely more favorable to the NFC East and th rivalries between ALL THE TEAMS in the division are that much greater.
I can see where you're coming from, but I think that when best division is brought up it needs to be a 1a., 1b. type of thing. The historydefinitly goes in favor of the NFC East, as the AFC South is much younger in terms of rivalrys and the teams within it, so there is little to no historybetween the teams.

From another forum:

Mort on ESPN radio now on Jets

Says Fanecca is a done deal and a great move by the Jets. Lunch pail hard working guy that will make our running game much much better.

Says Calvin Pace is currently on a helicopter tour of NYC has narrowed his teams to Jets and Fins. (Thinks Fins might trade Jason Taylor if they get Pace).

Says Jenkins was a good move, but still has to prove to him (Mort) that he has the desire and motivation to play.

Says Vilma deal good in all respects.

• Faneca is holding a press conference today on NFL Network to announce what team he's signing with @ 5:30pm EST.

• Faneca is holding a press conference today on NFL Network to announce what team he's signing with @ 5:30pm EST.
10 bucks says it's not the 49ers. We *never* pay offensive linemen.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Who the hell thought that? I know some fans are delusional, but come on... I hope no one was psyched about Banta-Cain, especially when we already got Manny Lawson and Parys sittin in the wings.
49ers where hyping the hell out of signing him. i thought only gunna and I remembered it but i see dirk did to.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan these dudes were overly excited about signing him... Talkin about he just didn't produce in New England because he never got a fair opportunity, and he'd really be a huge contributor to their defense for years... Dudes refused to believe he was average at best.

Wow, maybe that's why I avoid the 49ers threads as much as possible...

laugh.gif
If I had to guess who that was, probably NTer23...lol. Since Ican't remember people hyping him up that much. I do remember us hyping up Nate...but if your team got him u would have done the same.

Bills acquire DT Stroud in trade with Jaguars
Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills acquired three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud in a trade with Jacksonville.

The deal was announced by the Bills at a press conference on Saturday.

It was not immediately clear what the Bills gave up in exchange for Stroud, a seven-year veteran who had the Jaguars' permission to seek a trade.

The move was completed after the Bills began revamping their porous defense on Friday, the first day of NFL free agency. Buffalo signed linebacker KawikaMitchell and released veteran defensive tackle Larry Tripplett.

In another move Saturday, the Bills signed former Minnesota defensive tackle Spencer Johnson to a five-year contract.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

JETS officially sign Alan Faneca; 5 years, $40 Mill ($21 Guaranteed)
The New York Jets are laying it on the line, bolstering their offensive and defensive lines.

One day after trading for defensive tackle Kris Jenkins, the Jets reached agreement with former Pittsburgh Pro-Bowl free-agent guard Alan Faneca on a five-year, $40 million contract that includes $21 million in guaranteed money.

The record deal includes the highest average per year ever given to an offensive lineman, as well as the highest amount of guaranteed money. It is a deal that came together quickly between Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum and agent Rick Smith, and it fills New York's most gaping need.

Ever since the Jets traded left guard Pete Kendall to Washington last summer, they have struggled to find a replacement. Now they have one, a 10-year veteran who has been voted to seven straight Pro Bowls.

But the Jets aren't finished in free agency just yet. They are in the process of arranging a visit for Detroit free-agent offensive lineman Damien Woody, who could man the right tackle position for the Jets. Woody played in New England in 1999, when the Patriots quality control coach was Eric Mangini, now the New York Jets head coach.

The Jets are also planning to welcome Arizona free-agent linebacker Calvin Pace to New York after he wrapped up his Saturday visit with the Miami Dolphins.

Woody and Pace would be superb additions in New York. But the acquistion of the 31-year-old Faneca, arguably the top available offensive free agent, provides the Jets with a tremendous boost.

Faneca considered signing with the St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals, where he would have been reunited with his former coaches in Pittsburgh, Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm. But Arizona could not squeeze in Faneca's contract at a time wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is scheduled to count $16.5 million against the Cardinals' salary cap.

Ultimately, Faneca decided that playing in New York, between left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and center Nick Mangold, for a franchise that made it clear to him how badly he was wanted, was too enticing. Faneca is a Jet all the way.
pimp.gif

Falcons signed S Erik Coleman to a four-year, $10 million, including a $3 million signing bonus.

grin.gif

He should fit in well with the rest of the non-game changing dudes on our defense.

Michael Turner has been in Atlanta for 2 days, but no deal yet. He says we're a "contender" though. Arthur Blank took him to an Arena Footballgame today...
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom