Official NFL Offseason Thread

Sources: Vikes ink Berrian to 6-year deal
by Jay Glazer

Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

Minnesota has acted swiftly to add a No. 1 receiver for young QB Tarvaris Jackson.

The Vikings have come to terms on a six-year deal with Bernard Berrian, sources have told FOXSports.com. The worth of the deal is not yet known.

Berrian was considered the No. 2 receiver on the open market behind Randy Moss. The Chicago Bears wanted to retain Berrian, who was the team's deep threat. But in the end, the deal Minnesota offered was too good to pass up.

With Berrian now gone, the Bears may look to Devin Hester to stretch the field in the passing game.

Arthur Blank took him to an Arena Football game today...
laugh.gif
sick.gif

"Well, Michael, this is about the same level of talent you can expect to play with in Atlanta..."

Originally Posted by jville819

by Jay Glazer

Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

Minnesota has acted swiftly to add a No. 1 receiver for young QB Tarvaris Jackson.

The Vikings have come to terms on a six-year deal with Bernard Berrian, sources have told FOXSports.com. The worth of the deal is not yet known.

Berrian was considered the No. 2 receiver on the open market behind Randy Moss. The Chicago Bears wanted to retain Berrian, who was the team's deep
threat. But in the end, the deal Minnesota offered was too good to pass up.

With Berrian now gone, the Bears may look to Devin Hester to stretch the field in the passing game.

Son of a brick. I thought Berrian was in Oakland this saturday morning. Anyways, with Berrian and Stallworth out the game, it seems as if the only two left forthe Raiders to potentially sign are Bryant Johnson and Javon Walker. Interesting...

And for the Falcon fans, If you guys ink Burner Turner, does that mean McFadden is out of the question? do you guys use that draft pick on Matt Ryan?

As mentioned above, Browns lock up Stallworth.

He'll likely be the #2 WR, moving JJ back to his natural slot WR spot.

DA and/or Brady gunna be strapped with weapons.

Bravo Savage, bravo...

far from a Browns fan, but I absolutely love the moves they've made
smokin.gif

Im hearin Berrian got a 6 year, 7 mil a year deal..

the Browns are beasting. Williams from GB, Rogers from Det, Stallworth...... they got a good o and d line, offenseive weapons, they gonna be some BEASTS

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

the Browns are beasting. Williams from GB, Rogers from Det, Stallworth...... they got a good o and d line, offenseive weapons, they gonna be some BEASTS

On paper. They still have to hit the field. AND if they trade Derek Anderson to the Vikings for whatever picks then that leaves young and inexperienced BradyQuinn at the helm.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Arthur Blank took him to an Arena Football game today...
laugh.gif
sick.gif
"Well, Michael, this is about the same level of talent you can expect to play with in Atlanta..."

Whoever plays QB for Atlanta's AFL team > Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich.
embarassed.gif

...and for dude who asked about McFadden...yes, signing Turner would pretty much rule him out at the #3 pick. Turner and Norwood would be a nice duo, if we hadanybody to block for them. I'd hope they would then focus in on Jake Long. I'd take any of the dudes rumored to go in the top 5, with the exception ofMatt Ryan.

Man Michael Turner better not sign with the Falcons. We need him to play for GOOD team, that makes the playoffs. like hopefully the bears
pimp.gif
(lordplease...), provided they turn it around this year.

Also, does anybody have figures on Drayton Florence contract with the Jags?????????

I heard 6mil/yr. 12 or 21mil guaranteed, I imagine 12, 21 is very high.

I am still freaking out about the Randy Moss ordeal. Rumors are that the Packers are interested because they think Favre will stay if they sign moss.

My question doesn't Randy want a long deal after the season he had. Why would he sign it with the Packers to get 1 year with Favre and then be back atsquare 1 with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. Moss needs to stay in New England or find a way to make the Colts interested (which won't happen). I don't wannabe rooting for a losing team again. Those 2 years with the Raiders were punishment i deserve at least 2 years to make up for it.

6837.jpg

• Rec Yds 951
  • Yds/Game 59.4
  • TD 5

• Height: 6-1
  • Weight: 185
  • Born: Dec 27, 1980 - Winton, CA
  • College: Fresno State
  • Draft: 2004 - 3rd round (15th pick) by the Chicago Bears

[h1]Career Stats[/h1][table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Career Stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] Career Stats[/td] [td][/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td][/td] [td]Kickoff Returns[/td] [td][/td] [td]Punt Returns[/td] [td][/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Y/G[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]YAC[/td] [td]1stD[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td] [/td] [td]KR[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Long[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td] [/td] [td]PR[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Long[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Fum[/td] [td]FumL[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2004[/td] [td]Chicago[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]15[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]14.1[/td] [td]15.0[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]17[/td] [td]385[/td] [td]22.6[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2005[/td] [td]Chicago[/td] [td]11[/td] [td] [/td] [td]13[/td] [td]246[/td] [td]22.4[/td] [td]18.9[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2006[/td] [td]Chicago[/td] [td]15[/td] [td] [/td] [td]51[/td] [td]775[/td] [td]51.7[/td] [td]15.2[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2007[/td] [td]Chicago[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]71[/td] [td]951[/td] [td]59.4[/td] [td]13.4[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Career[/td] [td]58[/td] [td] [/td] [td]150[/td] [td]2197[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td]14.6[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]13[/td] [td] [/td] [td]17[/td] [td]385[/td] [td]22.6[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]12[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

roll.gif

I cant help it man, I really cant

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

by Jay Glazer

Berrian was considered the No. 2 receiver on the open market behind Randy Moss. The Chicago Bears wanted to retain Berrian, who was the team's deep threat. But in the end, the deal Minnesota offered was too good to pass up.

indifferent.gif
tired.gif
I was hoping they drafted Malcolm Kelly...and I dont think berrian is a goodfit for them, especially for a young QB. And definitely don't think he's worth that contract.

I don't think he'll be there long though...definitely not 6 years.
Man they messin up AD's playoff chances...

edit:
mad.gif

I hope he gets cut before spring training
laugh.gif

Gunna you know as well as anyone Berrian's "contract" won't end up being 6 yrs 42 mil. Free Agency though, u gotta love it.
laugh.gif

goddamn
eek.gif

dude's an average receiver at best an you go out and give him a $42 million deal for 6 years and a $16 mil signing bonus?
sick.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

cot damn
eek.gif

dude's a less than average receiver at his average best an you go out and give him a $42 million deal for 6 years and a $16 mil signing bonus?
sick.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

fixed it. Dude has what it takes but doesn't take what he has...

WOW at Berrians contract. That right there is prob the reason Moss is holding out. How does a scrub get that much money????

Back
Top Bottom