Official NFL Offseason Thread

I really hope we can trade for Jason taylor But i doubt we can do it 1. being the dolphins probably dont wanna trade in the division and 2. He might not wantto come play in buffalo smh. I would give up a 2nd and 4 round pick for him then if we can pick up a nice rookie DT in the draft our d line will be one of thebest in the league.

apparently Bill Parecells has said that J.Taylor will be back next season with the dolphins unless and I quote ''he retires''....

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

Oh man this Moss thing's got me loosing sleep, Robert Craft and the rest of the Pats management need to cut the bull and give him his money

real talk...
tired.gif
and now this whole green Bay Culppeper thing is making every NE fan nuts.....
frown.gif
Do it BOB!!!!! Open yo' wallet and give him the money.... god knows hedeserves it.... pick defense in the draft and lets all get to mini camp feeling happy about this whole thing.....

^ that is a solid s igning for the saints
doesnt completely address the CB/Jason David problem
but it is a start

Falcons sign TE Ben Hartsock.

He had a career-high 12 receptions in 2007.
eek.gif

Still waiting...

Oh, yay!

Turner to Atlanta is done. 6 years, $34.5 mil ($15 mil. guaranteed)

Now, please, please...find someone (anyone!) to block for these dudes.

[h1]Latest rumor: Giants 'in contact' with Javon Walker[/h1]

I'm not sure that I'm buying into this, but in my efforts to bring you every unsubstantiated rumor on the planet I feel obligated to at least point this out:

According to ESPN.com, the Giants are one of 10 teams that have expressed an interest in former Broncos receiver Javon Walker. The story doesn't specifically mention the Giants, but it does say Walker's agent, Kennard McGuire, has been "in contact" with "all four NFC East clubs."

Now here's a little reality check. "In contact" can mean a lot of things. It could mean McGuire called the Giants and said, "Hey, are you interested in Javon?" It could mean the Giants called just to see what his price tag is. It could mean they called in the hopes that their "interest" would spark a bidding war between the Eagles and Cowboys. Or it could mean they're actually serious about luring him to New York.

I find it a little hard to believe they have a serious interest in Walker, and not just because they have no intention of spending big money in this free-agent signing period. I'm skeptical, because Walker is still talented enough to be a No. 1 receiver, and last I checked the Giants had pretty good receivers at the 1 (Plaxico Burress), 2 (Amani Toomer) and 3 (Steve Smith) spots. I don't know where Walker would fit.

But stay tuned. Apparently Walker is in no rush to make a decision, so this could take a while.

S Sammy Knight, an 11-year veteran of four teams (Saints, Dolphins, Chiefs, Jaguars), appears to be the Giants' primary target in their search to replace the departed Gibril Wilson, and it's possible he could sign (somewhere) in the next few days.

According to an NFL source, Knight began making free agent visits today. I'm positive the Giants are on his itinerary, but I don't know when he's scheduled to come in. I'll keep you posted.

By the way, one safety you can now scratch off the list is former Jet Erik Coleman who just agreed to a four-year, $10 million contract (with a $3 million signing bonus) with the Atlanta Falcons.

UPDATE: Apparently Knight is in Denver visiting the Broncos today and has been there since last night.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Oh yea, I forgot he was a CB not safety.

James Butler is garbage. Tackling or no tackling, he is a burger. I lost all respect for him in that NE game in week 17. Him and Sam Madison need to go,quickly.

Im thinking/hoping that if Cason is there for the Packers, they will take him with their 1st round pick. they NEED to grab a good young CB now to be a solidnickel and to eventually replace one of the 2 aging CB's we have now

[h1]Giants looking at safety Knight[/h1] [h3]by Mike Garafolo[/h3]
[h3]Sunday March 02, 2008, 3:00 AM[/h3]

NOTEBOOK

After a quiet start to free agency, the Giants will soon welcome their first potential signing for a visit: 11-year veteran safety Sammy Knight, who might help fill the void created by Gibril Wilson's signing with the Raiders on Friday.

According to someone who recently spoke to Knight, he left Denver without a contract after meeting with the Broncos on Friday and will be visiting the Giants today or tomorrow. The person requested anonymity because the Giants prefer not to comment on their free-agent visits.

Knight had four interceptions last season with the Jaguars, who allowed him to leave after playing only one season in Jacksonville. Previously, Knight spent two seasons each with the Chiefs and Dolphins in which he had a total of 10 INTs. Knight began his career with the Saints from 1997-2002 and made the Pro Bowl in 2001 after picking off a career-high six passes.

http://
Knight, who turns 33 in September, would likely be a short-term fix for the Giants at strong safety, meaning James Butler or Michael Johnson would have to slide over to free safety to fill Wilson's former role. But in the Giants' defense, both safety spots are similar, so it won't be that much of an adjustment for either player.
Knight will likely command about $2 million or less per season over two or three years -- much less than the six-year, $39-million deal Wilson got from Oakland.
im really getting tired of da giants pursuing these old slow DBs like its really going to help us

Bears are so !%+$#++ stupid.

I mean thank god they brought back Briggs
Chi
But we barely made an attempt at Berrian and on top of that we didnt get Chicago-born Michael Turner to play RB meaning we will once again have no offensebecause of no running game, still no QB, and we lost our #1 WR to FA after cutting Muhammed.,
We neeed Hester to come up big as not only a KR now but also a WR.
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif

And we better bring back Ayabadejo, i would fire Angelo
mad.gif

Giants looking to replace toomer ? Toomer is turning 34 so they might be looking to get younger at WR. Walker been injured though so i dont know if thats goodmove for the Giants.

I wouldnt mind signing Knight for CHEAP, there aren't that many safetys out there.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Giants looking to replace toomer ? Toomer is turning 34 so they might be looking to get younger at WR. Walker been injured though so i dont know if thats good move for the Giants.

I wouldnt mind signing Knight for CHEAP, there aren't that many safetys out there.

Giants have steve smith so i wouldnt worry about replacing toomer anytime soon

Adam Schefter reporting that Alge Crumpler is a Tennessee Titan... Good look finally getting Vince a serious weapon.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Adam Schefter reporting that Alge Crumpler is a Tennessee Titan... Good look finally getting Vince a serious weapon.
They still have Drew Bennet right.
Or did he just fall of the face of the Earth?

Anyway, great pick-up for the Titans.
Now, let's see what Vince does with him

Back
Top Bottom