OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Word Cook is 28 and Jacob's is 25. Both in their primes and still under the RB wall age of 30. If they can't get paid then what other top RB looking for that 2nd big deal is getting one??

20230813_234437.jpg

Well, yeah? Like a verbose Magic tweet.

He’s right, but I’m saying offer a good solution. Like offer your pivot.

This.

I dont understand what's so hard to grasp. RBs can band together if they all wanted to...but you'll have an UDFA, 3rd-6th round pick. And/or a hungry vet happy to get paid at a substantial fraction of the cost with a minimal to no dent, and seemingly likely a surplus to productivity...on average and historically (I **** this one out, but I'll roll with it).

Be an advocate of players getting paid all you want...the above doesn't change. Collectively, the CBA was signed already...so, what avenue are you exactly pursuing then?

Hunt and Cook already had multiple meetings with teams...banking now on a peer to get hurt just at a hope they get more...

Sooo.....????

Last edited:
Kinda love that out of all the Lincoln Riley coached QB's, Hurts has ended up as the most successful pro :lol::pimp:

Was not the consensus expectation at all but he's busted his *** off to get to where he's at rn. He's becoming one of the faces of the league

Looking back what were the ramifications really?

You could argue not having a QB has cost them a Super Bowl.

The guy you traded three first round picks for isn't close to being good enough; now you're relying on a 7th round pick who has only started a handful of games and a guy with one foot out the league on his third team in four years.

The guy you traded three first round picks for isn't close to being good enough; now you're relying on a 7th round pick who has only started a handful of games and a guy with one foot out the league on his third team in four years.

if they have a legit QB, they win that Super Bowl vs KC.. and really it’s having a QB that could hit that throw to Emmanuel sanders specifically

but man threw an int with his eyes closed

1692026833764.jpeg

The decision to select Lance over Fields or whoever else in 21 is one thing. Teams swing and miss on QBs every draft and FA period all the time.

I’m just saying I don’t see these “massive ramifications” when SF made runs to the SB and NFCCG without FRPs those years, and are favored to win the division this year. I’m sure every QB-needy team would take that deal.

Regarding that Oher situation. Least shocking thing I have read this morning. That reeked of funny business. Rich, affluent, white family takes in a tall, athletic black kid into 'their' family. Yeah they knew exactly what they were doing.

I remember not messing with that movie back then because the family was out on tv talking and they told one story about how he never had a bed before and blah blah. A little later on a different show they ask him about the bed and hes like nah ive always had a bed, I just always sleep on the floor even at their house because im too big for regular beds. 😮No Lebron but I knew they was on that BS from the beginning 🤣

I didn't mind the movie but some of the fake hollywood narratives were annoying. Like yea a guy who's a complete scrub as a Soph-JR just suddenly becomes a stud and not only gets D1 offers but becomes a pro. In reality Oher was already a good HS player before becoming "adopted" so yea the fam knew he had NFL aspirations and wasn't just like they adopted him out of the goodness of their hearts, something else appears to have been in play (and this news just further drives that point).

Could never make it thru a movie that cringy contrived and forced. What a damn shame smh. Wipe em clean

Last edited:
Regarding that Oher situation. Least shocking thing I have read this morning. That reeked of funny business. Rich, affluent, white family takes in a tall, athletic black kid into 'their' family. Yeah they knew exactly what they were doing.

maybe-ehhh.gif

Back
Top Bottom