OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

IIRC, Trey Lance didnt even play a lot of games at NDSU.

He should be getting every rep during preseason. Darnold dont need them. Unless Kyle seen enough…

elite sack celebration
D6EC3151-751E-48D3-94B9-98853778710D.gif

IIRC, Trey Lance didnt even play a lot of games at NDSU.

He should be getting every rep during preseason. Darnold dont need them. Unless Kyle seen enough…

He didn’t.

He made big throws at the combine and moved up

And here we are.

Almost like the discussion I participated in earlier regarding AR *shrug*

Niners 3rd round pick (99 overall): kicker Jake Moody is 0-2 so far from like 35 and 50.

kicking in an indoor stadium too.

Just not a good day for the Niners. They’ll be alright once the season starts, but definitely some slight concern with respect to their depth.

resell prices for Raider games are crazy. I ****** up not getting PSL’s cause i was in my feelings about them leaving Oakland :lol: :smh:

Trey wasn’t starting anyway. Our season comes down to whether or not Purdy was a fluke last year or if he really is the goods.

The 3 firsts we gave up for him is nuts tho.

9ers fans, outside of Trent, how y’all feeling about the oline?
“Outside of arguably the greatest Tackle of all time” how do you all feel about the oline :lol:

Left side is solid. Trent and 2nd rounder Aaron Banks who paid really good last year.

The right tackle is suspect. Kyle's lines don't be incredible. He uses a combination of scheme and maybe the best blocking TE ever behind Gronk and Trent to manufacture respectable blocking.

This attack only works most of the time, and when it doesn't, it's catastrophic (see last NFC Championship when he had a backup TE blocking an elite pass rusher on PA. )

He didn’t.

He made big throws at the combine and moved up

And here we are.

Almost like the discussion I participated in earlier regarding AR *shrug*
Nope.

Hindsight is 20/20. That QB class was heralded as one of the best in the past decade. Five went in the first that year. One went in the first the following year. If we didn't take him, he wouldn't have made it out of the top 10.

“Outside of arguably the greatest Tackle of all time” how do you all feel about the oline :lol:

Left side is solid. Trent and 2nd rounder Aaron Banks who paid really good last year.

The right tackle is suspect. Kyle's lines don't be incredible. He uses a combination of scheme and maybe the best blocking TE ever behind Gronk and Trent to manufacture respectable blocking.

This attack only works most of the time, and when it doesn't, it's catastrophic (see last NFC Championship when he had a backup TE blocking an elite pass rusher on PA. )

I mean we all know how good Trent is.. or we should all know at this point

there are still 4 other starters, hence my question and the manner which I asked.. unless he’s injured, there are no questions about Trent

and it wasnt an attack, it was a simple question as the only things I’ve seen coming out of 9ers camp is about the various QBs.. and oline obviously plays a significant role in any offense

I mean we all know how good Trent is.. or we should all know at this point

there are still 4 other starters, hence my question and the manner which I asked.. unless he’s injured, there are no questions about Trent

and it wasnt an attack, it was a simple question as the only things I’ve seen coming out of 9ers camp is about the various QBs.. and oline obviously plays a significant role in any offense
Nah bruh. I didn't mean you were attacking me lol.

I was talking about Kyles offensive “attack”/ approach to blocking.

Oline is certainly important. The right side is shaky, but it's never been exceptional. Even McGlinchey during his time here was a liability in pass situations.

If Trent and Kittle are ever injured at the same time we’re done.

I get letting mcglinchey walk for what he got paid

but the beauty of the offense and guys like kittle and Trent is the things they allow you to do.. allowing kittle to actually get involved beyond being forced to stay in block.. and the oline holding up enough to allow Trent to get on the second level, so the many rushing and/or short yardage passes to YAK guys could go to work

to use eagles as an example, if guards are crap kelce has to stay in and block straight up instead of being available as a weapon to essentially be a FB

I get letting mcglinchey walk for what he got paid

but the beauty of the offense and guys like kittle and Trent is the things they allow you to do.. allowing kittle to actually get involved beyond being forced to stay in block.. and the oline holding up enough to allow Trent to get on the second level, so the many rushing and/or short yardage passes to YAK guys could go to work

to use eagles as an example, if guards are crap kelce has to stay in and block straight up instead of being available as a weapon to essentially be a FB
They've taken an extreme direction to team building.

I don't think there's another team with as many high-level guys on their second/third contracts like we do.

Forces them to skimp in certain areas like Oline, QB, and, as you all saw tonight, backups.

Back
Top Bottom