OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

To be fair. Outside of being a super athlete and spectacular runner, Fields hasn't really shown much. Definitely drafting him in fantasy though.

Lance hasn't shown us anything. I'm still not sure what he's good at.
Dude barely played in college, and has barely played in the NFL.
Trading 3 1st rounders for a guy like that when Fields was there for the taking just seems wild.

Trading 3 1st rounders for a guy like that when Fields was there for the taking just seems wild.
Agreed.

Lynch should've just stayed pat and grab Fields or even Mac for that matter.

Lance went to a bad situation for a project QB and has had terrible luck on top of that.

This staff should be fired but outside of the super bowls winners they been one of the best teams in the league so they continue to euro step landmines.

That trade was egregious.

They've taken an extreme direction to team building.

I don't think there's another team with as many high-level guys on their second/third contracts like we do.

Forces them to skimp in certain areas like Oline, QB, and, as you all saw tonight, backups.

yea I barely watched.. But I saw the pressure on early plays, hence why I asked about oline

Big arm and athleticism!

Lance went to a bad situation for a project QB and has had terrible luck on top of that.

I disagree.. I thought the plan was for jimmy to stay for a year and then to switch over in year 2.. but any logic they had for taking lance, could have been applied to fields

Mac with Kyle, I’d get if they thought he’d be ready off the bat.. But I assumed the plan was always jimmy for another year then new guy that adds another element

Matt Flynn was bad enough for Russ to take over instantly but Jimmy stays winning starting jobs and Lance stays backing up the elbow-surgery patients.

I disagree.. I thought the plan was for jimmy to stay for a year and then to switch over in year 2.. but any logic they had for taking lance, could have been applied to fields

Mac with Kyle, I’d get if they thought he’d be ready off the bat.. But I assumed the plan was always jimmy for another year then new guy that adds another element
Bad situation for raw QB= Going to a Superbowl contender where you have to sit for a season, when what you really need is all the reps you can get.

Bad Luck: sitting for that year, get named the unchallenged starter, only to have a season-ending injury. And in that season the greatest Mr.Irrelevant of all time emerges as a potential top 32 QB with an 800,000 salary.

You can't make that up.

Bad situation for raw QB= Going to a Superbowl contender where you have to sit for a season, when what you really need is all the reps you can get.

Bad Luck: sitting for that year, get named the unchallenged starter, only to have a season-ending injury. And in that season the greatest Mr.Irrelevant of all time emerges as a potential top 32 QB with an 800,000 salary.

You can't make that up.

i agree on the bad luck part..

but as far as situation, you literally had a HC get to the Super Bowl with the QB as an afterthought.. if just adding another legit running threat to the rest of the group, could easily see how the offense becomes more dynamic

but other than the expectations being a Super Bowl, I see it as a perfect situation for any of the 3 because of what Kyle wants out of his QBs.. if it was mac well, you’re trying to hit those short passes and let the guys do there thing.. and if it’s lance or fields, the multitude of threats is supposed to make the easy stuff easier

but if I had to pick a coach to win with a 60/70-40/30 split of run vs pass and most of those passes being under 15 yards, it’s Kyle

i look at Andy Reid as the guy to be able to get the most out of any QB.. and Kyle as the guy who will render the position as replaceable as RBs or Gs

Last edited:
Lance could’ve gone to about 25 worse situations, I’m gonna give him more time but the cynical part of my brain says I don’t see it.

I disagree, Trey went to a great situation. He hasn’t been good and he got hurt (not his fault). When he was healthy he didn’t look good and had chances to take Jimmy’s job and couldn’t.

Fields went to a terrible situation. Previous GM was a moron, sounds like the new GM doesn’t want him. Nagy had a lot of issues and his new HC sucks. Most people can’t name anyone on their offense and their line was bottom 5.

Lance could’ve gone to about 25 worse situations, I’m gonna give him more time but the cynical part of my brain says I don’t see it.

after Brock, dude needs a change of scenery

im not following a ton.. but ain’t hard to see how he could be in his own head with some of this stuff

Fields has pretty decent weapons in DJ Moore, Claypool, and Kmet.

What sucks for him, is that he maybe he should have went to a team with an offensive minded head coach instead of a defensive head coach. Or if you do that, bring in a really solid offensive coordinator instead of a guy who is going on year two as a coordinator.

Shanny bought the hit pieces on Fields, or otherwise was too focused on Mac and Lance. Either way, it’s bad.

IMG_0481.gif

He’s right, but I’m saying offer a good solution. Like offer your pivot.

The only one I have is pay RBs, based on where they’ve been selected, the alleged ‘most in their career’ in Year 1, de-escalating in Year 2, to Year 3, and so on.

Then when they’re up for the second contract it’s free season.

So they earn more up front as teams burn their tread. Based on when they’re taken. We just saw the Lions take Gibbs high as hell, 12th overall.

Each pick for a RB should have an exact payment scale:

If they get picked Rd. 1, No. 12, it’s $9.5M in Year 1.

If they get picked Rd. 1, No. 15, it’s $9.0M in Year 1.

Last edited:
I saw Emmitt on Zona and Thomas on MIA too, and wasn’t the downfall for RBs or got worse because of that. :lol: Those guys were in the 14th and 15th (Emmitt) and 13th (Thomas) season of their respective careers. They were at the end of their careers trying to hold on.

Back
Top Bottom