OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

That is not what I'm talking about sir please try again later. :lol:

IMG_4116.jpg

Yes, Freshman Justin Herbert who threw 1900 yards, 19 TD’s, 4 INT’s and completed 63% of his passes was the reason Helfrich got fired

Astute analysis from Chad Pennington

the information on that play goes back decades., literally Tom Brady’s most efficient play

daniel Jones is over 6’5 and over 220.. saquon is 6 ft and over 230

would think given how successful that play has historically been, an NFL coach would consider practicing it, just in case

that‘s not a data problem.. steph curry still gotta practice free throws

The Giants don’t have that Patriots OL that Brady had. That’s the difference

IMG_4116.jpg

Yes, Freshman Justin Herbert who threw 1900 yards, 19 TD’s, 4 INT’s and completed 63% of his passes was the reason Helfrich got fired

Astute analysis from Chad Pennington

No sir still off You might not want to go back and keep googling this I don't think you're going to get what I was trying to say It's okay though

No sir still off You might not want to go back and keep googling this I don't think you're going to get what I was trying to say It's okay though

Please name the coaches that Herbert was responsible for getting canned since his Oregon days.

You don’t watch college football, let alone Oregon, so I don’t even know why I’m engaging in this conversation

The Giants don’t have that Patriots OL that Brady had. That’s the difference

daboll had the whole offseason.. hell, he has had since he got hired to come up with something

this is my problem with the chargers as well.. all these short yardage situations, they’re all out of shotgun

the eagles have multiple options beyond just lining up and QB straight ahead.. the browns ran a great play from under center that scored a TD that wasn’t just lining up and straight ahead

or think of how many times the titans run that Henry jump pass.. It’s not a data problem, it’s the choices made by the “football people”.. it’s what they’re doing with the information

nah man.. youre excusing teams and the coaching side by doing this

if you don’t have shooters, don’t shoot 3s.. use the data and figure out how to use the guys you have better

teams and coaches make poor choices, blame them.. don’t excuse the human element in what they do with the information
Nah... Well I guess I'm agreeing with you and nick. nick. in some ways but I still stand on my point. Yes, they are just numbers. The problem comes when teams/coaches use those numbers like the Bible and make decisions simply based on the numbers. They don't even take into account things like momentum or personnel, it's simply "the numbers say do this, so I'm gonna do it." That lends credence to your point about it being a coaching thing but also backs up my point about it taking the soul out of things. In the NBA, you've got several teams who play just like Golden State but don't have Golden State's personell. Then in the NFL you got 3/4 of the coaches coaching like they're playing Madden.

Yup. Analytics means nothing if you don’t have the talent or personnel. That’s the bottom line.

You still need a certain type of dog to man the sled!!

Golden State can do what they do because of Klay and Steph. Mahomes and Brady could do what they did for their respective teams because they are outliers. They have a different skill level.

30+ teams in basketball, baseball, football, etc but out of those 30 or so teams, maybe 3-5 have the personnel that makes them different.

When you’ve got sorry teams trying to be more than what they are, therein lies the problem:lol: :lol:
Perfectly said.

Nah... Well I guess I'm agreeing with you and nick. nick. in some ways but I still stand on my point. Yes, they are just numbers. The problem comes when teams/coaches use those numbers like the Bible and make decisions simply based on the numbers. They don't even take into account things like momentum or personnel, it's simply "the numbers say do this, so I'm gonna do it." That lends credence to your point about it being a coaching thing but also backs up my point about it taking the soul out of things. In the NBA, you've got several teams who play just like Golden State but don't have Golden State's personell. Then in the NFL you got 3/4 of the coaches coaching like they're playing Madden.

you get our point.. that’s not a numbers/info problem, that’s a people problem

the numbers will tell you what guys shoot from certain spots on the floor and the situations they do it in.. it’s up to your coaches to use that information in a useful manner.. to prepare and then the players execute.. to use their eyes and add context to the numbers

how the data gets used is on the coaches.. you just hope that smart people are employed and can factor in the circumstances of the game to do something smart

again to go back to daboll

1697555776216.jpeg

people focusing on numbers

defensive head coach plus

Staley isn’t a good coach. He’ll get fired when they miss the playoffs this year.

But the Chargers held the Cowboys to 20 points yesterday. I’m absolutely not putting that L on the defense. Let’s be foreal here. What team with an elite QB is happy with a 17 point performance?

Staley isn’t a good coach. He’ll get fired when they miss the playoffs this year.

But the Chargers held the Cowboys to 20 points yesterday. I’m absolutely not putting that L on the defense. Let’s be foreal here. What team with an elite QB is happy with a 17 point performance?

the defense just like Herbert had opportunities

but if I’m pointing figures, I’m starting with the coaching

and if I’m looking at the ”analytics“ stuff, again I’m looking at the coaches and basically if that’s what you’re going run it doesnt seem that smart or efficient

Love Herbo but he was definitely off yesterday. I'd honestly place the L yesterday on him. He missed some really key throws but he definitely isn't the reason the Chargers are losing this year overall. Offense is still putting up the 7th most points per game. Staley is the reason we're trash plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom