OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Watson looked so-so today but nice td pass to Njoku, and nice scramble and pass to Cooper. Although some of it was against kc 2nd unit.

Once Chubb plays, should open it up in reg season

i don’t get why him and saquan basically got the same money as the franchise tag but instead signed one year deals for slightly over..

what’s preventing these teams from franchising them next year?
nothing they can do about getting tagged again next season. and i think thats why Jacobs was sitting out because he wanted a longer contract with more guaranteed money - and probably cause he wanted to save some tread on his legs and not have to do training camp/preseason.

i expect another good season for Jacobs (maybe not leading rusher good) and if he does he’ll probably get tagged again. if he doesn’t do as good then they may sign him to a 2 year deal at a cheaper pay, but i expect Jacobs there at least 2-3 more seasons (barring injuries). cold world cause after that he’ll be close to 30.

niners are not worried. if purdy goes down or implodes, they are sending the private jet to pick up brady.

My thing with the whole trey trade:

I assumed 9ers wanted to have 3 QBs, just in case

also i think if they declined his 5th year option and allowed him to walk in free agency and a team wanted to take a flyer on him, if he gets decent backup QB money they could get a 5th comp pick
It just ended up being nasty.

Trey is a good kid, but I bet money that he doesn’t really rock with Kyle like that

Running him like a running back. Those first two games of last season was a major factor of him getting hurt.

Then you sign Sam to decent back up money the first day of free agency .

I’m assuming when he finally got that news he was like “ f y’all” just get me out.

It got so bad, that he went to a team where he has an even worse chance of playing

Think about that.

There’s a reality where Purdy gets hurt, and Sam throws four interceptions a game and now Treys right in the mix again.

With Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush he probably won’t even dress now.

IMO Kyle is in the hot seat.

raider5 raider5 me personally…with the tag being so close to the number they took, i woulda rather signed the tag…

simply because with the multiplier tax there’s no way a team franchises them twice…hypothetically sign the tag this year, and next year ur a free agent ya know??

raider5 raider5 me personally…with the tag being so close to the number they took, i woulda rather signed the tag…

simply because with the multiplier tax there’s no way a team franchises them twice…hypothetically sign the tag this year, and next year ur a free agent ya know??

yea I think every person will see this differently, which is probably why Saquon signed it immediately whereas Jacobs decided to hold out.

the taxes will make it difficult but the Raiders were ready to give Jacobs a longer term deal but didn't meet the fully guarantees he wanted. If Jacobs performs anywhere near the season he had last year, then there's no way the Raiders can let him walk, so it'll be interesting to see how negotiations goes if he balls out again...he'll be 26 this time next season and still at the peak of his career.

Bottom line analysis on the Shanahans

Neither of them (dad or son) know how to manage nor care to manage a dual threat quarterback

Dad and son murdered RG3’s knee
Dad and son treated Trey like a 5th round fullback

Trey getting out of San Francisco with his body in one piece is a victory within itself

It just ended up being nasty.

Trey is a good kid, but I bet money that he doesn’t really rock with Kyle like that

Running him like a running back. Those first two games of last season was a major factor of him getting hurt.

Then you sign Sam to decent back up money the first day of free agency .

I’m assuming when he finally got that news he was like “ f y’all” just get me out.

It got so bad, that he went to a team where he has an even worse chance of playing

Think about that.

There’s a reality where Purdy gets hurt, and Sam throws four interceptions a game and now Treys right in the mix again.

With Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush he probably won’t even dress now.

IMO Kyle is in the hot seat.

i mean he’s young so I get the irrational

he should already know the playbook and the weapons are obvious..

as you mentioned it’s not hard to see a pathway to being the starter real quick.. purdy might just not be right this year or get hurt again because of circumstances.. and wouldn’t be the first time we’ve seen darnold suck with talent

but I’d assume he’d want a more low profile situation if given the choice

Jets playing their starters, Giants are not.

IMG_8655.jpeg

I recently learned some teams really care about the preseason…..

Eagles don’t have a rivalry with the Steelers. The first quarter of the Giants vs Jets matters here. The commentator was just talking about how big this game is and how Daboll was trying to downplay it all week.

Bottom line analysis on the Shanahans

Neither of them (dad or son) know how to manage nor care to manage a dual threat quarterback

Dad and son murdered RG3’s knee
Dad and son treated Trey like a 5th round fullback

Trey getting out of San Francisco with his body in one piece is a victory within itself
RG3’s ego killed his knee. He got hurt on a scramble and refused to learn how to slide. No way in hell Snyder let’s Mike bench Robert in the playoffs if Robert is telling the world he’s good to play (when he clearly wasn’t).

RG3 should’ve sat until he was truly healed but instead he did the “All in for Week 1” campaign, demanded to be treated like a pocket passer when he couldn’t read the field, and took 40 sacks before getting benched…

Much respect for 2012 but RG3 was far from clean in that situation.

RG3’s ego killed his knee. He got hurt on a scramble and refused to learn how to slide. No way in hell Snyder let’s Mike bench Robert in the playoffs if Robert is telling the world he’s good to play (when he clearly wasn’t).

RG3 should’ve sat until he was truly healed but instead he did the “All in for Week 1” campaign, demanded to be treated like a pocket passer when he couldn’t read the field, and took 40 sacks before getting benched…

He was limping with a brace on so it wasn’t hard to see he wasn’t 100%

even in street clothes, its weird as hell seeing this ****in guy in our locker room :lol:

Raider Nation living in the upside down world now.

Last edited:

Plus rg3 wasn’t really a shifty dude.. obviously he was fast.. but straight line speed.. and he always seemed to take on more hits than he needed

Eagles don’t have a rivalry with the Steelers. The first quarter of the Giants vs Jets matters here. The commentator was just talking about how big this game is and how Daboll was trying to downplay it all week.

It’s a preseason game, there is no such thing as a big game

For certain guys, sure, because they’re trying make the team

As a fan, the only thing I care about is anyone important staying healthy if they’re going play a meaningless game

Back
Top Bottom