OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proactiv Kirk

black-kid-laughing.gif

No one said he wasn’t the “consensus” #1 pick. The point I’m making is, he wasn’t some can’t miss, had to have him prospect. I watch college and pro football. Bryce was never a generational QB. Compare him to other guys with the same credentials/hype, he doesn’t measure up.

We all know he was the #1 recruit out of Cali and the #1 Qb but c’mon

Tebow and Cam also won heismans in their first years as starters in the SEC….

Bottom line, “compared” to other QBs, past and present, dude wasn’t a specimen or elite (in my opinion) he’s not in that 1%.

They shouldn’t have mortgaged their future for him

The math ain’t really mathing on that one bro. If your projection is top 5 and you’re the best player at a position that is extremely critiqued, analyzed, and evaluated to the nth degree, surely you’re a franchise cornerstone for a team right? The way I recall it, Bryce and CJ were the franchise QB’s of this class while Levis and Richardson were considered projects and needed more time to develop in the right situation.

The “generational” prospect evaluation for QB’s has always been nothing more than a lazy take imo because there’s always nuance in a draft with teams selecting and needs. Half the time the comments get walked back because guys don’t live up to the billing, or we’ve seen guys be labeled as reaches or potential busts and exceed expectations

Bro won a whole heisman as a first year starter playing in the SEC, what do you mean he didn’t “stand out” amongst his peers? All because he doesnt sling it like *checks notes* Baker Mayfield? :lol:

He was the consensus number 1 QB of the 2023 draft. You must’ve not been watching or paying attention. Elusive feet in the pocket and could evade defenders while making quick decisions on the fly.

All things considered with how the Panthers having been putting their entire offense on his shoulders, lack of weapons and terrible O-line, he hasn’t even played badly for a first year QB. Has stroud played better? Yea, but watching the games Bryce Young is going to be a solid QB once he gets help

Well said. Agreed.

Because of how helpess the Panthers situation seems to be, Bryce might not get a fair chance. Not saying he is washed but nothing looks good

Before I comment further…what is the threads take on Joshua Dobbs?
If Heinicke got 2 yrs/14 mil from ATL after 2 meh years in Washington then I’d think Dobbs earned at least that much with his play. Based on current QB spending and draft position I believe ATL or maybe TB would be his best shot at getting a decent 2 year deal as a bridge QB.

Justin needs to have a good game. I feel like the front office is leaning towards bringing him back, but ne needs to keep improving.

Lenny, How would you feel about the Vikings getting white helmets to get off an all white fit similar to #OurBengals?

Before I comment further…what is the threads take on Joshua Dobbs?
Think we're all kinda rooting for him. Can be a solid placeholder 'til a team drafts their future qb.

Great plays by Fields on that first drive. ******* kickers.... :smh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:at the too much sun on your skin being propaganda.

Giving this is a quarter and a half. Hoping Fields balls out. If not, netflix it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom