OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed on their draft pick? Half a season and a horrible roster and he’s a bust?

Oh I'm not writing off Bryce Young yet but the teams' process was completely backwards. They were already lacking talent, then traded their best playmaker + picks. A bad situation made worse.

If you want to go back a little further, not trading Brian Burns when the Rams offered a bunch of picks was also bad process.

I would never put that bum in the same sentence as Mahomes :lol: . nick. nick. understood the point I was making. If you call a supporting cast of Allen, Mike Will, Ekeler, Everett, Bosa, etc. "under talented" then what would you call KC's roster? A top 5 QB should elevate the team.

To be fair, coaching matters and the team has had the injury bug the past few seasons. But that Jags game in the playoffs last season showed me all I needed to see on Herbert.
I don’t even know why Bosa is being included when we’re talking about offense :lol:. I’ve addressed the skill positions of LAC as nauseam. And I’m taking Pacheco and Kelce over any combo of the Chargers guys. You’re living in the past if you think those other guys are good enough.

Are the hoody to LAC rumors true? I agree with DeadsetAce DeadsetAce that he needs better coaching but idk who that is. It seems like promoting Kellen Moore wouldnt even be the move at this point

the rumors are WAS or LAC...but realistically, who would make the deal? unless Kraft settles for like a 5th round pick. but what team is giving up a first and second (rumored return) for Bill to have full control of their football operations? if he's willing to just coach, then he might stay put here, catch Shula, and call it quits

Lamar is missing his starting TE and RB, and his best receiver is a 5ft tall rookie.

Mahomes has Kelce and a bunch of dudes off the street.

Allen has Diggs and some random RBs.

Stroud got a bunch of random guys nobody thought were any good

Dak has CD and Scott Pollard.

Not everybody gets to play with an embarrassment of riches at skill positions.
Derek Carr the last 2 seasons has had Devante Adams,Josh Jacobs,Darren Walker,Hunter Renfroe,Mike Thomas ,Olave,Shaheed,Juwan Johnson,and Alvin Kamara….And can’t even consistently put points on the board.

Chargers are not loaded with talent at all

They have highly paid players, especially on defense, but they all kinda suck

EYE have made this point before OG MAGA Bosa is out injured.

Khalil Mack had more that half of his sack total this year in one game.

The only time you hear Derwin James' name is when he commits a unnecessary roughness penalty.

All those playmakers on that side of the ball and the defense is mid at best.

catching up to the thread, and can’t believe cats really blaming a rookie qb with 2023 Adam Theilen as his best weapon for the firing in Carolina…

You gotta stall Bryce out until he gets competent weapons and coaching..

Coaching was horrible man…and the GM needs to go too.,,

Just not a qb friendly situation right now…

catching up to the thread, and can’t believe cats really blaming a rookie qb with 2023 Adam Theilen as his best weapon for the firing in Carolina…

You gotta stall Bryce out until he gets competent weapons and coaching..

Coaching was horrible man…and the GM needs to go too.,,

Just not a qb friendly situation right now…

I need someone to comment on their cap situation but given the lack of draft capital for a really bad team, without money this seems like a horrible situation for Bryce and whoever the coach is.

I barely watched Carolina but was the coaching that bad? Cuz I didn’t expect them to be good since they in a rebuild, so their results not surprising

They starting a tiny rookie qb with a bad roster around him, what did the owners want? :lol:

I barely watched Carolina but was the coaching that bad? Cuz I didn’t expect them to be good since they in a rebuild, so their results not surprising

They starting a tiny rookie qb with a bad roster around him, what did the owners want? :lol:

This is what I am trying to figure out, man. What type of future were they expecting given what they gave up for Bryce? What is the plan to build around him? At least Chicago has a chance :lol:

Carolina got “took”….. Bryce was gone fall to them at #9. Bryce wasn’t going before CJ or Richardson.

I don’t even think Bryce was the #1 QB on the draft board for most teams. It was all smoke and mirrors

Carolina feared Atlanta or Vegas wanted Bryce. Bryce was not some can’t miss, generational talent that you sold the entire farm for.

All those picks and assets for a 5’10” 195lb QB was laughable. The entire league was laughing at Carolina

Problem with the Panthers is they gave up a ton of capital to move up for Bryce as if they were an QB away from having a complete team. In reality most of their roster is dog 💩. They should have played the long game and picked players and waited for a QB. And probably traded Burns when they could have. Bad teams in their situation need to build by acquiring picks and maximizing them. Instead they did the exact opposite.

Not going to write Bryce off, but without draft capital it isn’t going to get any better anytime soon.

Carolina got “took”….. Bryce was gone fall to them at #9. Bryce wasn’t going before CJ or Richardson.

I don’t even think Bryce was the #1 QB on the draft board for most teams. It was all smoke and mirrors

Carolina feared Atlanta or Vegas wanted Bryce. Bryce was not some can’t miss, generational talent that you sold the entire farm for.

All those picks and assets for a 5’10” 195lb QB was laughable. The entire league was laughing at Carolina

Okay this is some crazy revisionist history :lol:

Find me a mock draft that had Bryce Young falling to #3, let alone 9th

1701117163315.jpeg

Bryce was not going to be available outside of the top 5. He was the consensus “safe” QB pick while Richardson, Levis, and Stroud all had questions surrounding their games. If you don’t believe me, here’s an article from February 2023 before the panthers made their move to select higher:

I don’t agree with the Panthers methods of obtaining the number 1 pick, but it’s revisionist history to act as if Bryce Young could’ve been selected at #9 lol. Dude was the consensus number 1 QB in his class after his sophomore year at Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom