OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints coulda saved money n just made him the starter in the offseason, the results would still be similar
Word. Gave Carr $150M with no hesitation :smh:

Im playing catch up in this thread but theres only 1 explanation that can be attributed to this and we already know it bc its been discussed time & time & time again… the NFL is racist af. They make black athletes earn their extensions even when their statistics prove they are valuable to a team, while their white counterparts are essentially given massive extensions for no legitimate reason.

To your point 703 hwy 703 hwy , i like carr. Hes a good qb who has the potential to do good things even at his age. However, did he earn that contract the saints gave him? Absolutely not! And to frshstunna frshstunna point, the saints would probably still have the same record or a similar record with winston or hill as full time qb.

Yeah he sucks :lol:

I wouldnt say carr sucks. He likes to take unnecessary shots down the field to those receivers and sometimes he misreads coverages which translate to unfortunate interceptions. Hes not a “dink & dunk” qb like a brady was. At least he tries the long ball. He just doesn’t hit the mark alot of time

I wouldnt say carr sucks. He likes to take unnecessary shots down the field to those receivers and sometimes he misreads coverages which translate to unfortunate interceptions. Hes not a “dink & dunk” qb like a brady was. At least he tries the long ball. He just doesn’t hit the mark alot of time
Nah man. He stinks. We’ve seen more than enough to say that he stinks.

Late, but The Devil Wears Prada is better than all these movies
That's not teen movie though she had a full time job :lol:

You are funny as hell Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius :lol:

This is another one I will add to the list to review and can maybe even rewatch with my girl beforehand. However, can I show this to a 9-year old and breakdown film with some takeaway some lessons? I think it might be too advanced but another great movie nonetheless

Anne Hathaway :smokin

You are funny as hell Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius :lol:

This is another one I will add to the list to review and can maybe even rewatch with my girl beforehand. However, can I show this to a 9-year old and breakdown film with some takeaway some lessons? I think it might be too advanced but another great movie nonetheless

Anne Hathaway :smokin
Do you score movies using 8 as the highest as opposed to 10? I think I remember that being a big debate in General :lol:

Im playing catch up in this thread but theres only 1 explanation that can be attributed to this and we already know it bc its been discussed time & time & time again… the NFL is racist af. They make black athletes earn their extensions even when their statistics prove they are valuable to a team, while their white counterparts are essentially given massive extensions for no legitimate reason.
I’m sure racial bias exists in some fashion in the NFL but I’m not seeing how it materializes in the contracts being given out. The majority of the highest earning QBs in guaranteed $ and AAV are black. Now add that we have more black starting QBs than ever with multiple going in the first round and even #1 overall in recent drafts.
IMG_8214.jpeg

Good players get paid, period. And sometimes not-so-good ones get paid too depending on the circumstances.

Now I’d be curious to see how long a leash mediocre black QBs get compared to their white counterparts when it comes to options/extensions and benching.

Bryce was the favorite to go one, the biggest red flag was his size but that hasn’t stopped teams recently

Unlike Bryce, Baker and Kyler had elite arm talent, even with their stature. That’s why them dudes went high. Bryce doesn’t have an elite arm.

It’s not like Bryce just stood out head and shoulders above everyone else.

Alabama and Ohio State both had similar college to pro QB transitions that failed lately. Both schools were always criticized for their QBs not translating into being good pros. Tua and Jalen have changed the narrative.

But “eye” test… Bryce wasn’t special or can’t miss.

I think Houston would’ve went CJ regardless

Bro won a whole heisman as a first year starter playing in the SEC, what do you mean he didn’t “stand out” amongst his peers? All because he doesnt sling it like *checks notes* Baker Mayfield? :lol:

He was the consensus number 1 QB of the 2023 draft. You must’ve not been watching or paying attention. Elusive feet in the pocket and could evade defenders while making quick decisions on the fly.

All things considered with how the Panthers having been putting their entire offense on his shoulders, lack of weapons and terrible O-line, he hasn’t even played badly for a first year QB. Has stroud played better? Yea, but watching the games Bryce Young is going to be a solid QB once he gets help

Bro won a whole heisman as a first year starter playing in the SEC, what do you mean he didn’t “stand out” amongst his peers? All because he doesnt sling it like *checks notes* Baker Mayfield? :lol:

He was the consensus number 1 QB of the 2023 draft. You must’ve not been watching or paying attention. Elusive feet in the pocket and could evade defenders while making quick decisions on the fly.

All things considered with how the Panthers having been putting their entire offense on his shoulders, lack of weapons and terrible O-line, he hasn’t even played badly for a first year QB. Has stroud played better? Yea, but watching the games Bryce Young is going to be a solid QB once he gets help

Well said. Agreed.

No one said he wasn’t the “consensus” #1 pick. The point I’m making is, he wasn’t some can’t miss, had to have him prospect. I watch college and pro football. Bryce was never a generational QB. Compare him to other guys with the same credentials/hype, he doesn’t measure up.

We all know he was the #1 recruit out of Cali and the #1 Qb but c’mon

Tebow and Cam also won heismans in their first years as starters in the SEC….

Bottom line, “compared” to other QBs, past and present, dude wasn’t a specimen or elite (in my opinion) he’s not in that 1%.

They shouldn’t have mortgaged their future for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom