Official Nike HyperDunk Thread... Kobe PEs(away and home) now available.

I hope no one got too excited about meeting Kobe because they had a broken glass box. I was doing some checking on that story to do a post about it on oursite, and as it turns out, "It's probably not going to happen," according to a rep I spoke with. Uhm...ouch?

Can someone please post a screen grab if they were extended this offer?

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

I hope no one got too excited about meeting Kobe because they had a broken glass box. I was doing some checking on that story to do a post about it on our site, and as it turns out, "It's probably not going to happen," according to a rep I spoke with. Uhm...ouch?

Can someone please post a screen grab if they were extended this offer?

Damn! (word up to ron simmons)

Like how it was mentioned above, hyperdunks aren't his signature shoes and he probably had NO PART in designing them. But Nike thought it would be intheir best interest to have him introduce their new product in the flywire and lunarfoam conference, and be face for nike basketball for beijing 08. gimmickystuff y'know?

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

bc the IIIs are his sig shoes and plus he doesnt like the hyperdunks as much as he does the IIIs.

You have a specific quote of Bryant saying he likes his sigs better than the Hyperdunks? I never heard him imply this. Unless you take that one game wherehe switched the Hyperdunks at halftime to his sigs.. I didn't see it that way though. Coulda been something else that caused him to switch it up.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

bc the IIIs are his sig shoes and plus he doesnt like the hyperdunks as much as he does the IIIs.

You have a specific quote of Bryant saying he likes his sigs better than the Hyperdunks? I never heard him imply this. Unless you take that one game where he switched the Hyperdunks at halftime to his sigs.. I didn't see it that way though. Coulda been something else that caused him to switch it up.

I know that Slim Solejer posted months back that Kobe wasn't too thrilled about the Hyperdunks or wearing them.. not because of looks but because hedidn't want it detracting from his line.

I asked about that from folks close to Kobe and the situation and it was in fact true. With so much stuff being focused around selling Lebrons Product, theynever really have a plan for Kobe's line. Thats being worked on, but from where I stood, it didn't look like the greatest plan. I still think theSpring Releases are just silly.

If you are going to reduce the # of signature shoes coming out, why not slot Kobe in the Fall when the season starts?

Also, Kobe is a Rhythm type of guy, meaning when he really likes a shoe, as he does the III's, he likes to keep things the same. It was a little differentwhen he was shopping shoes and wore everything from A to Z. Who else wouldn't love shoes just showing up by the droves?

Originally Posted by RockDeep

You have a specific quote of Bryant saying he likes his sigs better than the Hyperdunks? I never heard him imply this. Unless you take that one game where he switched the Hyperdunks at halftime to his sigs.. I didn't see it that way though. Coulda been something else that caused him to switch it up.

I know that Slim Solejer posted months back that Kobe wasn't too thrilled about the Hyperdunks or wearing them.. not because of looks but because he didn't want it detracting from his line.

I asked about that from folks close to Kobe and the situation and it was in fact true. With so much stuff being focused around selling Lebrons Product, they never really have a plan for Kobe's line. Thats being worked on, but from where I stood, it didn't look like the greatest plan. I still think the Spring Releases are just silly.

If you are going to reduce the # of signature shoes coming out, why not slot Kobe in the Fall when the season starts?

Also, Kobe is a Rhythm type of guy, meaning when he really likes a shoe, as he does the III's, he likes to keep things the same. It was a little different when he was shopping shoes and wore everything from A to Z. Who else wouldn't love shoes just showing up by the droves?

Yeah all the Zoom Kobe heads feel the same. Nike is not giving any attention to the Kobe line at all. Now everyone is paying attention to the hyperdunksbecause he jumped over a car and a pool of snakes in them. Kobe needs to step up his marketing team and request that Nike advertise his sigs "ZoomKobe" in the states and qiut releasing Asia exclusives. It's ridiculous how we have not gotten a Laker colorway when the Lakers are in the Finals.It's great that Kobe is still sticking with the GR maizes on the road, it's gonna help the shoe sell but it would have been nice if they made a Finalsedition. It's also so stupid how they released the hyperdunks with a special case and 48 pairs, guess what? More than half of them are on ebay fetching formore than 4K.

Originally Posted by kobehead

It's ridiculous how we have not gotten a Laker colorway when the Lakers are in the Finals.

The Truth
mad.gif

I know that Slim Solejer posted months back that Kobe wasn't too thrilled about the Hyperdunks or wearing them.. not because of looks but because he didn't want it detracting from his line.

I asked about that from folks close to Kobe and the situation and it was in fact true. With so much stuff being focused around selling Lebrons Product, they never really have a plan for Kobe's line. Thats being worked on, but from where I stood, it didn't look like the greatest plan. I still think the Spring Releases are just silly.

Also, Kobe is a Rhythm type of guy, meaning when he really likes a shoe, as he does the III's, he likes to keep things the same. It was a little different when he was shopping shoes and wore everything from A to Z. Who else wouldn't love shoes just showing up by the droves?
Interesting. That makes a lot of sense, but any word on how he feels about his sigs and the Hyperdunks in terms of performance?

Originally Posted by kobehead

It's great that Kobe is still sticking with the GR maizes on the road, it's gonna help the shoe sell but it would have been nice if they made a Finals edition. It's also so stupid how they released the hyperdunks with a special case and 48 pairs, guess what? More than half of them are on ebay fetching for more than 4K.

Well.. contingencies aren't always thought about when things happen in Brand Marketing. There has been a shake up there, but I would have thought aplan would have been put in place had the Lakers gotten to the finals for Kobe to have a Special Edition shoe. Like Lebrons Non Finals Shoe last year. A PooPoo Stich job on some Soldiers was very Bush League in my opinion. The Former Head of Marketing was a Huge Laker Fan but is no longer there, so who knows ifthat had an affect on stuff not being done.

However it does take a little time to have the Promo factory do a make up like that for a limited release. Maybe you will see some underground Hyperdunks orFinals stuff like Lebron has had since the same guy had been controlling that stuff for the last few years.

As for the Hyperdunks and their Hype Machine, thats what Nike wants. Nike Basketball really needed a shoe that took off and got alot of recognition and eventhough they limited the shoes colorway for the Lakers they are hoping it does wonders for the General Release version as well as some new stuff coming out.

Lets hope it doesnt backfire like most releases and keeps the consumer from wanting anything else other than what they have already seen.....but there are sooomany options the Hyperdunk has the Public may soon forget about the ZK III and move to the Hyperdunk and Zoom 81 as soon as they release.

I don't understand why it's so RIDICULOUS that there isn't a Kobe FINALS or MVP EDITION shoe. Think about it without all the "If it wereLeBron..." business. I mean, I understand that there should have been more GR colorways, and a sig shoe shouldn't have initially released in FLIBBINFebruary, when the season started in October. I will agree that the GR colorways are pretty bland. And agree that releasing so many colorways in DUMB limitednumbers (or less limited numbers but only in ASIA, especially the ONLY Laker based colorway) is just not smart, F HOH. But other than KGs shoe this year, whatwas the last Finals edition sneaker that dropped? Or MVP sneaker? Remember, leave LeBron out. Is it because people really feel that there SHOULD be a KobeFinals/MVP shoe, or because of the RIDICULOUS lack of GR colorways? I'm just trying to understand what it really is. If it's a Laker Fan thing, then'nuff said, cuz I'm not going to understand. LOL

IMO if you're going to wait until February to drop a shoe, you should drop one every month after that until the season is over, and at least one more soonthereafter. Or you could just drop it around Halloween, when the FLIBBIN season starts!

I think it's funny and plainly ridiculous that you're average shoe collector has a better grasp on how a release should be handled and how the bestathlete in the NBA should be marketed, than a huge corporation. Nike could learn a thing or two from reading the responses on this page and the last one. Iagree with everything that has been brought up by many here and appreciate the insight from RockDeep. As many of the members have said here it makes no senseto market the Hyperdunk with Kobe, when his own signature, I should say signatures (ZK1, ZK2 and ZK3) have received NO advertising at all. At the very least wesaw a commercial for the 2K4 and 2K5. Honestly, we can't blame people, the average joe who doesn't collect, if they believe that the Hyperdunk isKobe's shoe. I mean wouldn't you? I know if I were a basketball fan who didn't follow any of these guys' sneakers that especially after seeingthe hoopla about Kobe jumping over a car in the Hyperdunk that I would think that is Kobe's own shoe and would be like what's that other shoe he wear(referring the Zoom Kobe III). I can understand why Kobe wasn't thrilled about marketing the Hyperdunk when his own release hasn't gotten any attentionat all. For God's sake, the ZKII was the FIRST basketball shoe to implement True Free technology, considered, carbon fiber plate+free in a basketball shoe,one of the best basketball shoes to date and one of the most technologically advanced basketball shoes to date that Nike has produced and their was ZEROadvertising for it. This year Kobe is the League MVP and is in the Finals and STILL no advertising for him. I'm not saying get an MVP edition out or Finalsedition, just advertise the dude properly. EVEN ADIDAS marketed him better and IS STILL marketing him better. They had the Kobe for MVP t-shirts, when Nikecan't even figure out how to ship out the black/gold MVP t-shirts. PLUS they are releasing the Adidas Top Ten, the shoe Kobe wore in his first season atthe end of this summer, talk about capitalizing on Kobe's success...even his old shoe company is but Nike can't figure it out. Come on as John Stauselfrom Dateline says, Give me a break.

Yeah, those white/golds are just SILLY! Goodness! If I were contemplating a white based pair, it would be those...

ATTENTION EVERYONE
This is a bit off topic, however I figured that ya'll would want to help out. BP is in the design your Chucks contest on eastbay.com and heneeds your help. He is in 6th place right now, when his design is clearly better than 1-5. Click the link below to view BP entry, then click on the button onthe bottom left "leave a comment and vote". We need to get BP's name out there.

http://mychucks.eastbay.com/#/gallery/detail/421 click here
Link is supposed to go directly to BP's entry, but if it doesn't his is named "Teal Stars", so vote for that one.

BP of course has made some great Photoshops..But Honestly Im not big on his Chuck design...maybe thats just me though...
Still Goodluck..

Back
Top Bottom