Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

you can make your own molecule 01 for like 15 dollhairs. It's garbaggio anyways, just go with VIW. Sorry to those who live by that dogma. 

I just ended up buying ambre nuit and I'm out of the fragrance game again for another few years. I'm stocked up with all the bottles I've bought in the last few months.  Dior private line is super overrated as well. I don't know if my tastes have changed or I've just sampled more things but stuff like grand bal, bois d'argent, granville, cologne royale are all absolutely vile on my skin.  Oud ispahan is fire though, got like 22ml of that as my gift for buying ambre nuit. 

edit - ok bois d'argent is an actual scrubber for me now, I wonder if they changed the formula

Last edited:
Some of the fragrances in that line are overrated but you gotta admit the quality is there. Amber nuit and oud ispahan are great choices though. Mind showing us your collection or anyone? Would love to see if some of our noses have evolved.

Last edited:
Bal d afrique is one of the best things my nose has ever smelt, but I can't stop sneezing when I wear it.

Some of the fragrances in that line are overrated but you gotta admit the quality is there. Amber nuit and oud ispahan are great choices though. Mind showing us your collection or anyone? Would love to see if some of our noses have evolved.
my "collection" is fairly average at best. Not in terms of scents (everything I own a fb of I love) but I'm not as much of a collector of things as I used to be, and I think that collecting fragrance is one of the more difficult things to collect. Only really wine and cigars are more annoying to store "correctly", and there comes a point (for me it's about 8-10 full bottles + samples + decants) where you just have to re-evaluate what you like and why you own it. I have owned a lot of fragrances that I respect but either didn't work on my skin, didn't suit my personality or didn't work within my lifestyle so I end up never wearing them. When you think about how some heavy hitters last all day, you feel as though there isn't enough time in your life to wear all these different scents. 

It used to annoy me when people talked about their fragrance journey, I thought it was pretentious to say the least. But it's definitely part of the process. For me, my "journey" was just sniffing as many different scents as I can get my hands on. I'm lucky to live in a big city so I basically never pay for samples, but I always make sure to get my nose on as much stuff as possible before my nose fatigues when I'm out shopping or doing other things. Learning to rely on my nose instead of the note breakdowns/ingredients/rumors of reformulation/online reviews and developing your ability to pick out different accords is essential. Eventually you start finding patterns between fragrances and are able to make more nuanced observations and observe the fragrance with a greater sense of granularity.

My collection is something like 

Full bottles - 

120 ml aventus (2nd bottle)

50 ml tuscan leather

100 ml bal d'afrique

250 ml ambre nuit

50 ml rose 31

Straight to heaven travel size 

100ml l'homme 

50ml lyric man (might sell, giving it a chance though)

100ml l'humaniste (shout to that guy baise for sending me a split of this way back in the day)

Decants - 

30 ml tobacco vanille

10 ml oud wood (super glad I didn't buy a full bottle of this)

~21 ml of oud ispahan

10 ml jubilation xxv (really don;t like this as much as I thought I did)

10 ml epic man (old formulation)

30 ml millesime imperial 

10 ml royal mayfair (gross, mistake mistake. Should have sampled it more)

a metric **** ton of 2-7ml samples in various atomizers and dabbers. I'm constantly trying to give these away to friends

full bottles I had and sold or gave away for one reason or another - 

Green irish tweed - nice but generic (imo) and not at all suited for me

chanel sycamore - ******* old man. I've never found a chanel I liked on myself. 

LIDGE - grossest thing I've ever tried in my entire life. Choked me out in my car I had to pull over and throw the **** up. Made sure to sell this so I never had to smell it again on anyone else around me.

Spirtuese double vanille - vanilla bomb with great projection. I just decided I didn't want to spell like a vanilla bomb with nothing to cut it. This one is a winner though. Absolutely stunning. 

Royal Oud - just wasn't wearing it enough and sold it for more than I paid for a fb. Very nice scent, not really for me. 

Oud save the king - I thought this was the greatest fragrance ever when I tried it for the first (and subsequent) times. Something about it though...slightly cloying and gets weirdly powdery and chocolate like at some point. In general I hate powdery fragrances which is why I hate so many of the diors. Can't stand homme, homme intense (used to own a bottle) bois d'argent etc. 

un jardin sur la nil - didn't last, wasn't into it. In general haven't found a hermes I like except for amber narguille 

Neroli portifino - Got as part of a promotion so I didn't maybe give it the run it deserved. gave to my friend as a gift, didn't last on me at all. works well on her. The forte solves this issue but is also like 300 bucks for a 50ml. 

replica by the fireplace - blind bought (sort of) and returned the same day to saphora. Musty as **** on my skin. 

It feels like I've also bought and solid every thierry mugler at least twice trying to make myself like them. The best one is pure havane, the rest are so nasty and the bottles are stupid looking and the sprayers suck ***. I owned pure wood for a week before realizing it wasn't that great. Malt is just awful on me. Amen is the third worst fragrance I've ever smelled. 

probably forgetting a few

like herod, god that **** is nasty. I used to like it though

Last edited:
I think it's only one cat in here that co-signs GIT, lol. Where you at Mr. Eastwood? I smelled it once in Dubai and almost threw up smh.

you can make your own molecule 01 for like 15 dollhairs. It's garbaggio anyways, just go with VIW. Sorry to those who live by that dogma. 

I just ended up buying ambre nuit and I'm out of the fragrance game again for another few years. I'm stocked up with all the bottles I've bought in the last few months.  Dior private line is super overrated as well. I don't know if my tastes have changed or I've just sampled more things but stuff like grand bal, bois d'argent, granville, cologne royale are all absolutely vile on my skin.  Oud ispahan is fire though, got like 22ml of that as my gift for buying ambre nuit. 

edit - ok bois d'argent is an actual scrubber for me now, I wonder if they changed the formula

Just bought oud ispahan & it's amazing,def my fav right now,only regret is I didn't get a bigger bottle.

blasphemy! GIT crazy good, compliments galore for me. @Lamont nice collection fam, a few things I don't agree with but that's why the fragrance game is dope. You're able to interpret it in your own way. Salute!
for sure man. Also most of my controversial opinions are just in regards to how it works on my skin, not necessarily the scent in general.  I think what I was trying to get at was body chemistry is fairly important for these fragrances. 

except lidge though, that stuff is just foul. 

also I tried the line of MFK today. Some of them are pretty nice. Well blended for sure. 

Last edited:
Finally somebody else admits that Green Irish Tweed is trash.
I think it's only one cat in here that co-signs GIT, lol. Where you at Mr. Eastwood? I smelled it once in Dubai and almost threw up smh.
I've never smelled GIT, but I have smelled Cool Water and I'm not a fan at all.
Man if yall don't get yall young goofy ***** outta here
laugh.gif

This man talkin bout "but i smelled some cool water".....SMH

Last edited:
GIT is a certified winner mane what yall on in here??? GIT and CW comparisons is like a benz and a kia.

Last edited:
Lmao chill bruh. I def won't compare it to CW, but GOT ain't for ya boy fam lol.

I knew it was you who swore by it! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
It's a clean mature scent for the right attire!
pimp.gif

Yea I feel you mane...aint for everybody. 

I got more compliments with it than most

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom