:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Im glad with the moves we've made... a good draft and some good signings and could we see 8-8
nerd.gif
?
Honestly, we could do better than that.

Subtract Cable's play calling, JaMarcus' nine game starts, some weaker linemen, the unquestioned belief from Al that JaMarcus is the future (one must assume now that Davis is aware of the possibility that JaMarcus will not pan out), the media swoon over Cable's marital drama, a team that was not completely comfortable with its coach...

Add Jackson's play calling, the return of Waufle for our defensive line, Gradkowski's offseason preparations and (hopefully) season long starts, new blood at the tackle positions and at offensive line (leading to better production from the running backs), the sophomore years of outstanding rookies Murphy and Matt Shaughnessy...

Dare I say 10 wins?

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Im glad with the moves we've made... a good draft and some good signings and could we see 8-8
nerd.gif
?
Add Jackson's play calling, the return of Waufle for our defensive line, Gradkowski's offseason preparations and (hopefully) season long starts, new blood at the tackle positions and at offensive line (leading to better production from the running backs), the sophomore years of outstanding rookies Murphy and Matt Shaughnessy...

Dare I say 10 wins?
this is what I like to see
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
?
I predicted this last year, and if J-Russell decided not to tank and play like he finished off the 09' season I think we coulda had it.  If we had the Polish Rifle in all year I guarantee we woulda had 8-8 this year.

Poor Hue Jackson. He had some serious hot garbage to play with the last couple times he was OC.

In 2003, with Steve Spurrier as coach, Jackson’s offense was ranked23rd overall (291.2 yrds per game), was 22nd in scoring (17.9 pointsper game), 21st in passing (187.9 yards per game and 22nd in rushing(103.3 yards per game). His quarterbacks were Patrick Ramsey and TimHasselbeck. The ******** finished 5-11. The previous two years inWashington, Jackson was running backs coach.

In 2007, Jackson joined Bobby Petrino in Atlanta, leaving the staffof the Cincinnati Bengals, where he coached wide receivers from 2004through 2006. The Falcons were 29th in scoring (16.2 points per game),23rd in total offense (301.0 yards per game), 18th in passing (206.0yards per game and 26th in rushing (95 yards per game. Jackson’squarterbacks were Joey Harrington and Chris Redman.

Not sayin he's comin into a great situation here
laugh.gif
.  But he's definitely comin into a place with waaaay more talent than those two clubs had.

football-camp-hue-jackson-player.jpg

I'm pulling for jamarcus to make a jim plunkett type jump just because i know that he has wayyyyyy more potential than bruce gradkowski does.
But I'm not counting on this happening.
ohwell.gif

Bumping this because I can.

Question: are 10 wins good enough in the AFC West for playoff contention? Aren't the Chargers going to have trouble bringing back all their people?

I think 10 wins would be fine.
It's very possible as long as our offense can get it going. We need solid QB play throughout the whole season, no more rookie mistakes with route running and dropped passes (Murphy was 3rd in the league in drops wasn't he?), and the o-line to play solid to give the QB time and to get the running game to where it should be.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Bumping this because I can.

Question: are 10 wins good enough in the AFC West for playoff contention? Aren't the Chargers going to have trouble bringing back all their people?

Honestly, I don't think 10 wins are good enough. The Chargers have our number. We play them tough, but Rivers finds a way to beat us, every time.

Not to mention how Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde our team is. One day, we'll play like a playoff team and the next we're the worse team in the NFL. If we
can find some consistency, then I'll be concerned about playoffs. I think Cable has the right mentality. 3 straight wins is when we start to turn the corner.

BUT, we all know who our owner is and so our success will be dependent on ONE man and that's Russell. I can't even get my hopes up about next
season knowing this.

I want myron rolle on the team, I'm watching him on PTI right now and this guy would be an asset to the community & the locker room.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

Tim Brown went IN on Al on Rome is Burning today.

vid?
and they just showed jamarcus' fat !*% at the suns game looking like a damn fool with all his bling

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by zube42

Tim Brown went IN on Al on Rome is Burning today.

vid?
and they just showed jamarcus' fat !*% at the suns game looking like a damn fool with all his bling

roll.gif
I'm surprised no one threw anything at him.

al davis just needs to go away, they are and will be the black hole of the nfl until he is gone. who in their right mind would want to work/coach/play in that situation? it.s a very tough time to be a raiders fan.

Asomugha should be fine. He tweaked his knee, but he was on the sidelines giving out high fives.

Originally Posted by oldsole73

yeah that video was serious...we got louis murphy that was a steal.
Thank god we struck gold w/ louis murphy.
pimp.gif

if we didn't have louis this season
sick.gif
our wr corp would have been dismal.

Nnamdi...like me...always reppin the silver and black. Win Lose or Tie.

33a15aec58522669a543c238ac7a16c07ec73ee.bmp

Dude DHB will be good with a better QB

93503185.jpg

Back
Top Bottom