Official Phoenix Suns @ San Antonio Spurs 1st round: GAME 1

BUT WHO ELSE WOULD TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO SHAQ, CHEST TO CHEST, WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE AND FINISH. THE GUY IS FEARLESS.
Shaq wasn't on him. No one was which makes me think what the hell were the Suns thinking.

Efil
Baby%20O%20Rly.gif

Manu is good but I give credit mostly to the Suns bad defense as opposed to him. If you get beat off the dribble and the man your guarding gets around you, youhave to be able to trust the interior defense to take up the slack and contest the shot. That barely happened today, mostly because Shaq was in constantfoul-trouble and because Amare apparently hasn't read the defensive playbook yet. Time and time again, the Spurs would run the same set-play for Manu orParker and they'd go down the paint uncontested. Its times like this I wish the Suns had a Charles Oakley or Kenyon Martin circa-2002 to just know somebodyon their !*% and demand some respect...But whatever, Suns made a lot of stupid mistakes so hopefully they will just be extra-motivated and come in and dominateon Tuesday...

I've noticed Dantoni feed the ball to Diaw and Barbosa so many times the last couple of seasons when it mattered the most.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Manu is good but I give credit mostly to the Suns bad defense as opposed to him. If you get beat off the dribble and the man your guarding gets around you, you have to be able to trust the interior defense to take up the slack and contest the shot. That barely happened today, mostly because Shaq was in constant foul-trouble and because Amare apparently hasn't read the defensive playbook yet. Time and time again, the Spurs would run the same set-play for Manu or Parker and they'd go down the paint uncontested. Its times like this I wish the Suns had a Charles Oakley or Kenyon Martin circa-2002 to just knock somebody on their !*% and demand some respect...But whatever, Suns made a lot of stupid mistakes so hopefully they will just be extra-motivated and come in and dominate on Tuesday...

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

ginobili prolly the best player in the league real talk ... nash is a close second ... id trade amare ASAP in the off season for someone with a clue ... suns watching people shoot lol

The NBA changed that rule so you can't do the Westphal thing anymore
Oh...nevermind then.

They still could've very easily pulled this game out.
ohwell.gif

The sets they were running didn't make much sense.

amare does need to get traded cuz he basically shows up and says "hmm ball basket jump, huh? loud noise, no ball no more? ughh, sit" ...

Right.

I'm sure Utah is dying to swap Boozer for Amare.

Regardless of how boneheaded Amare was, you don't trade 30 and 10 away for anyone. It's just something he'll have to work on in theoff-season.

Right now, D'antoni just needs to draw up some better plays and practice them or get Amare to fix the problem right now.

It's amazing to see all the complaints from various posters....Man, do the Spurs EVER earn a victory?....Seems like there is always an excuse.
PHX had everything going for them the WHOLE game, and plenty of times to capitalize....word to Diaw.

Also, Duncan beasted tonight....Great game.
In regards to Ginobili, i wont state he is the best player in league, but he is definately valuable to our success and is much better than Richardson....
laugh.gif

Like i always say, were always counted out, but remember when you play SA, you better bring it every minute!!!!
This series is going to be INSANE!

PO

Dantoni coaching sometimes baffles me.

Right after Duncan hit that 3 their was only 3 seconds left. All he had to do was let Shaq get post position run everyone to the other side of the floor, andquickly dump it in to him.

1. He's gonna get fouled regardless.

2. He's so strong there's a chance he might actually get the shot up and make it.

Shaq touched the ball maybe 5 times total 4th and OTs.
smh.gif

EFIL 4 RENNOGAWDNAB:
FACT OF THE MATTER IS NO ONE HAS THE ACCOLADES MANU HAS

CHECK HIS RESUME, ALL HE DOES IS COLLECT HARDWARE. PROLLY GOT A GOLD TOILET TOO.

HE'S NOT EVEN 100% AND BEING DEFENDED TOUGH BY RAJA

BUT WHO ELSE WOULD TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO SHAQ, CHEST TO CHEST, WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE AND FINISH. THE GUY IS FEARLESS.

MANU HAS A BIG HEART AND IS THE BIGGEST WINNER IN THE NBA.

I WISH KOBE WAS MORE LIKE HIM.

This is Ginobili's prime, right now. He's in his prime. He was not as good before as he is now, and 5 years from now, he'll be olderand less effective.

Are you aware of what Shaq accomplished in his prime? What, you want to talk about Manu's 'hardware'? I'm assuming you're talking hischampionship rings and his gold medal.

How about back-to-back- championship rings.
And a gold medal.
And back-to-back-to-back Finals MVPs (does Manu even have ONE?)
And back-to-back regular season MVPs.

Manu's mastery of floppery makes him impossible to defend. That's not heart; it's trickeration. If you steal my wallet, I'm not going to sayyou have heart; I'm going to say you're good at trickeration.

Also, PHX, do somthing with D'antoni......He's a reason yall didn't execute as well either. IMO, his coaching in key moments were terrible.

PO

^^ you would choose Manu over them? I hope you're not serious.
do yall watch basketball? play the game of basketball? realize theres more to it than jumping? yall will take bums who never won anything over aplayer who basically wins a ring every year? have yallw atched the postseason in the last 5 years? manu does nothing but WIN ... thats all that should count... youre tellingt me insert joe johnson or j rich in for manu and the spurs win titles? thats a BORAT NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yall would take Jason Richardson and Joe Johnson over Manu? I suppose a case can be made for Johnson, but JASON RICHARDSON?

Ugh...

All the hate on Gino is hillarious....
Oh how opinions would change if he were on your favorite team......

The whole world wants to see us lose, but it's not going to happen EASY.
I mean were just a bunch of old guys, right?...:rofl:

PO

so? the man drove and converted. are you gonna take that away from him?
No.. BUT if Shaq/Amare didn't have so many fouls, I guarentee Manu wouldn't have had a pleasent time.

Back
Top Bottom