***Official Political Discussion Thread***

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford Side note, Heather McGhee spoke at my job for Juneteenth and did a Q&A and she was really good. She has that Obama optimism though after traveling the country and speaking with so many people for her book :lol:. She really believes that white people will change.

wow this is really surprising,
from looking at this data it really appears that New Yorkers seem to really really care about stopping crime.

and what's crazier is electing a former republican tough on crime police officer to do it.

and it looks like he pretty handily won the black vote
I guess they think...as a former police office he will be better equipped to cut police funding? 🤔

but again joking aside: Do Wiley and Garcia have a shot to win this or is it basically over?
from what i've gleaned people are acting like its over.

but again joking aside: Do Wiley and Garcia have a shot to win this or is it basically over?
from what i've gleaned people are acting like its over.
We have to finish counting the ranked choice votes but I don't think anyone expected Adams to receive so many 1st place votes

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford Side note, Heather McGhee spoke at my job for Juneteenth and did a Q&A and she was really good. She has that Obama optimism though after traveling the country and speaking with so many people for her book :lol:. She really believes that white people will change.

I’m almost finished with her book. Decided to check it out after y’all mentioned it in here.

We have to finish counting the ranked choice votes but I don't think anyone expected Adams to receive so many 1st place votes

hmm, okay well I can how that might be hard to anticipate.

i mean look at this

how did Eric Adams get away with this? This seems like a massive gaffe.
I would have assumed this would have decimated his support with black and brown voters. 🤔

Attachments

• 1624456748457.png
    1624456748457.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 68

hmm, okay well I can how that might be hard to anticipate.

i mean look at this

how did Eric Adams get away with this? This seems like a massive gaffe.
I would have assumed this would have decimated his support with black and brown voters. 🤔

The focus was too much on Yang not getting instead of getting Maya Wiley votes all in while ignoring Adams b4 it was too late.

Apparently I'm a terrorist now

:lol:
Sounds like you haven't seen the kind of questions they ask on a naturalization application form:
It’s the form that can make or break a permanent resident's chances of becoming a full citizen, and some of the questions it asks are pretty surprising.

Like this one:

Have you ever been a member of or in any way associated (either directly or indirectly) with the Communist Party?

USCIS Issues Policy Guidance Regarding Inadmissibility Based on Membership in a Totalitarian Party
Release Date
10/02/2020
On Oct. 2, USCIS issued policy guidance in the USCIS Policy Manual to address inadmissibility based on membership in or affiliation with the Communist Party or any other totalitarian party. Membership in or affiliation with the Communist Party or any other totalitarian party is inconsistent and incompatible with the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America, which includes pledging to “support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States.”

The average american voter isn't well-informed and the media doesn't exactly focus on giving equal amounts of coverage.
Yang probably would've done better if he didn't get 95% of the coverage exposing what an *** he is.
Adams and the other candidates getting far less coverage worked out extraordinarily well in his favor.
He's a well known name in NY especially amongst older voters of color and he played into fears about crime.

It sucks but I wouldn't say it's indicative of an issue with progressive ideology or messaging. Look at what happened in Buffalo. Or the trend in the rest of the country. Yes it's a setback but I've been in NYC nearly my whole life. Born in Brownsville just like Adams. It's never been as progressive as it appears and that goes for the rest of the state as well.

Last edited:

wow this is really surprising,
from looking at this data it really appears that New Yorkers seem to really really care about stopping crime.

and what's crazier is electing a former republican tough on crime police officer to do it.

and it looks like he pretty handily won the black vote
I guess they think...as a former police office he will be better equipped to cut police funding? 🤔

I suggest you stop trolling because this is not some big I told you so moment.

I really don't know the ******* point of your post to be honest. These random young progressives piss you off and we have to constantly deal with the fallout of it.

I know you like this whole internet ******* schtick is your thing, but you are starting to act like a clown with this.

You don't follow NYC politics, you never lived in the city, you don't have to live under NYPD policing but you feel the need to be flippant about people's legitimate concerns.

Good ******* grief

Last edited:
Obama is not much on an optimist these days, mans seems to very pessimistic about America's future but he knows he can't admit it publicly.

McGee is probably hopefully because she has seen white people change. And to be honest, most white people could probably be deprogramed in the right conditions but it takes so much work and slack to things undermining the efforts that we will probably never see it in a large scale. The US never trying to solve segregation in any real way plus the right-wing culture wars (field by Fox) make it really hard to breakthrough. Plus, most minorities don't have the time and patience to deal with deprogramming white people

I do agree with McGee that the left needs to politically message to white people a class-race message that lets them know you are being scammed. The thing is, partisan gridlock really undermines this effort. If they don't see Dems being able to deliver some economic programs they will just vote on cultural issues.

Back
Top Bottom