***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That’s a big if. Why do t you think sectoral union leadership wouldn’t recognize cost of living when negotiating?
SF mandates $19.05 per hour minimum wage, that went into effect this past June. There are flyers where I work posted on bulletin boards stating this. At the bottom of these flyers it says "YOUR UNION FOUGHT FOR THESE WAGES!" so apparently they think $19.05/hr is good enough.

2BFC59F7-F80A-4F14-A433-289F37B32FF1.jpeg

posted in the MLB thread earlier

SF mandates $19.05 per hour minimum wage, that went into effect this past June. There are flyers where I work posted on bulletin boards stating this. At the bottom of these flyers it says "YOUR UNION FOUGHT FOR THESE WAGES!" so apparently they think $19.05/hr is good enough.

I’m not sure that follows… at least not without additional context.

is $19.05 representative of what your colleagues make?

I’m not sure that follows… at least not without additional context.

is $19.05 representative of what your colleagues make?
Yes it is. But, since this current CBA doesn't have sectoral bargaining then it's universal across the country for union employees. The pay chart is as follows for hourly wage:

Year 1: $15.33
Year 2: $16.27
Year 3: $17.14
Year 4: $18.27
Year 5: $19.64
Year 6: $21.19
Year 7: $22.84
Year 8: $24.38
Year 9: $25.81
Year 10: $27.63
Year 11: $31.00
Year 12: $33.30

Because SF mandates the $19.05/hr brand new employees are automatically placed at the Year 5 point on the chart, but they are stuck at that wage until after the 5th year. Hopefully you can see where my gripe comes from. In order to offset the cost of housing in SF it would take at least a $30/hr wage, but looking at the chart one would have to be employed at this company for 11 years to be able to actually live in SF. Yet, the union is proud of themselves and puffing their chest saying they fought for, and were granted, a non-livable wage.

people here go back and forth on Republicans and Democrats and unions.

we have a lot of mining here so an anti mining democrat isn’t going to win many friends with the unions.

I’ve seen republicans endorsed by the trades here and they say they endorse them because they are pro mining and anti right to work but f all that.

next thing you know we’ll be right to work just like all the other states around us if we vote a Republican governor in.

I’m so sick and tired of hearing about Biden shutting down the pipeline from people here. If you have half a brain you’ll get another union job in 30 minutes. Nobody is actually out of work from that pipeline getting shut down they just want to cry.

Yes it is. But, since this current CBA doesn't have sectoral bargaining then it's universal across the country for union employees. The pay chart is as follows for hourly wage:

Year 1: $15.33
Year 2: $16.27
Year 3: $17.14
Year 4: $18.27
Year 5: $19.64
Year 6: $21.19
Year 7: $22.84
Year 8: $24.38
Year 9: $25.81
Year 10: $27.63
Year 11: $31.00
Year 12: $33.30

Because SF mandates the $19.05/hr brand new employees are automatically placed at the Year 5 point on the chart, but they are stuck at that wage until after the 5th year. Hopefully you can see where my gripe comes from. In order to offset the cost of housing in SF it would take at least a $30/hr wage, but looking at the chart one would have to be employed at this company for 11 years to be able to actually live in SF. Yet, the union is proud of themselves and puffing their chest saying they fought for, and were granted, a non-livable wage.

I do see where your gripe comes from. Thanks for explaining. It’s insane that your union argues wages nation-wide.

Every campaign needs at least one lawyer, I know someone on here who can help out, pro bono, no less!

How do we know it wasn’t the case that everyone in the shot isn’t about about to sneeze, and that’s just the noise they all make.

The hand chopping? that could easily be everyone trying to swap a fly. The shot isn’t high resolution enough to see all the flies but they’re there.

dwalk31 dwalk31 he‘s doing racist stuff, again

dwalk31 dwalk31 he‘s doing racist stuff, again

How many posts have you tagged me in about this chop and chant.

You did the same in the MLB Playoff thread and no one wanted to hear it.

Like I told you in that thread, the braves certainly use to have racist imagery with their logos and mascots. It has been removed.

The leader of the local tribe has stated that he does not find the current name, chop, or chant racist.

But as always, I’m sure you know more than he does.

You’ve clearly never been to a Braves game.

Like I told you in that thread, the braves certainly use to have racist imagery with their logos and mascots. It has been removed.

The leader of the local tribe has stated that he does not find the current name, chop, or chant racist.

Why do you support pedos?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

Back
Top Bottom