***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It’s hilarious still seeing the “no one wants to work” “labor shortage” woe is me talking points from these places months after enhanced unemployment ended. Even sadder that some of them are trying to hire 14-15 year olds for their cheap labor.

Aside from the crappy pay, a lot of these retail and fast food joints only want part time workers with open on call availability revolving around the companies needs and aren’t willing to accommodate any type of set consistent schedule.

Which unless they have no real bills or expenses, they’re going to need a second job since their first job won’t offer full time hours but also won’t offer any type of schedule consistency to where they can obtain a second job. And there’s no guarantee that second job will accommodate them with a set schedule either.

Dude has really been showing his *** lately :lol:

Why? Because I'm fine with progressives who think it's a failure everytime AOC doesn't get her way? A handful of progressives thought they had weight... Instead they were just pushed aside by a handful of republicans

Or it because I'm not buying into this "white" "racism" narrative you think all "allys" should?

Why? Because I'm fine with progressives who think it's a failure everytime AOC doesn't get her way? A handful of progressives thought they had weight... Instead they were just pushed aside by a handful of republicans

Or it because I'm not buying into this "white" "racism" narrative you think all "allys" should?

Please tell us more about the "narrative" of white racism

Please tell us more about the "narrative" of white racism

Im sure you "overlooked" all the - "well I don't equate it to racism... But... I can't think of anything else to compare it to... So I'll just continue to compare it to racism" in the Chappelle thread

Plenty of non-racial discrimination in our society, but somehow it's absent from the discussion... Somehow

rexanglorum rexanglorum Was talking about a bill supported by Joe Biden

Which like 95% of the Democratic caucus supported

So that included progressives, liberals, and other centrists

Which would have been much larger if we won a few more close races especially in the Senate

A bill that the entire caucus promised to pass months ago

That progressive in the Congress (a group that includes dozens of people, not just people like AOC) were willing to compromise their demand regarding just to make sure something got passed

Which would have had a massive impact on people's lives. Especially those living in poverty and the middle class

Which has been cut needlessly and in danger of not passing for no good reason

And this dude made it about AOC and being upset about narratives of white racism

:smh:

Last edited:
Sounds like you haven't been following what has been happening since Nov 2020. It's laughable that there are some who think that progressives have weight among democrats when they're the ones who have been compromising all along when it comes to Biden's plan.
Democrats running write-in campaigns when leftist members of the party win primaries doesn't suggest what you think is happening; centrist democrats losing blue states doesn't suggest what you think is happening either.

In the trial of Ahmad Arbery killers, answering that the flag of Georgia containing the Stars and Bars is a racist symbol was enough to disqualify jurors, as if it wasn't adopted in defiance of the civil rights movement (1956). How do you call the inclusion of symbols celebrating the ideology of racial hierarchy in our institutions?

Facts? What are the facts I've rejected?

Or are you just projecting?
I mean feel free to clarify or elaborate because your posts are all over the place. I'm assuming when you say you don't buy into the "white" "racism" narrative you're saying you reject the idea of racism.

Sounds like you haven't been following what has been happening since Nov 2020. It's laughable that there are some who think that progressives have weight among democrats when they're the ones who have been compromising all along when it comes to Biden's plan.
Democrats running write-in campaigns when leftist members of the party win primaries doesn't suggest what you think is happening; centrist democrats losing blue states doesn't suggest what you think is happening either.

In the trial of Ahmad Arbery killers, answering that the flag of Georgia containing the Stars and Bars is a racist symbol was enough to disqualify jurors, as if it wasn't adopted in defiance of the civil rights movement (1956). How do you call the inclusion of symbols celebrating the ideology of racial hierarchy in our institutions?

It seems like you're not understanding what I'm saying but that's ok, people like to jump the gun online

AOC and people like AOC dont run the country, THEY ARE NOT THE MAJORITY, this idea that we're a rotten country because six people didn't get their way is absurd

Like really, there are progressives all over the Internet talking about how pointless this deal is because bbb isnt currently being passed, pointless? Pointless? It's a huge deal, no modern president has gotten this accomplished, but because what progressives "actually" wanted didn't get passed, none of this matters

"it's not a victory for the country until I SAY SO"

As for your comments on my comments about racism, you have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm not even going to try and respond to whatever it is you seem to think you're talking about, we're talking about two different things

You seem a bit too preoccupied with AOC

You have all this vitriol for here and the 6 people that voted against the BIF, but nothing for the 5 centrists in the House and two centrists in the Senate that don't have the majority in any way yet are demanding they get their way or else no BBB, and refuse to engage in any real compromise.

Rex's point that it is a rotten country when the majority represented by the Democratic Party, which represent a majority of the voters, can't even exercise their power to help people

This is not about who gets their way, this is about helping people

AOC has not been the most unreasonable person in this whole situation.

Not even close

Last edited:
It seems like you're not understanding what I'm saying but that's ok, people like to jump the gun online
You posted something that was unclear and you get mad that it's being misinterpreted?
Do a better job at saying what you mean next time. There isn't a Miss Cleo over here to decode what you're trying to say.

Like really, there are progressives all over the Internet talking about how pointless this deal is because bbb isnt currently being passed, pointless? Pointless? It's a huge deal, no modern president has gotten this accomplished, but because what progressives "actually" wanted didn't get passed, none of this matters

The social policies the two comments above refer to are supported by a large majority of Americans (at least 60% depending on which policy you talk about). The progressive wing of the party is pushing for popular policies. However, the effort to paint their policy proposals as unpopular and unwanted has been largely successful, as evidenced by the popularity of takes like this:

AOC and people like AOC dont run the country, THEY ARE NOT THE MAJORITY, this idea that we're a rotten country because six people didn't get their way is absurd

Or you could do a better job reading

A handful thought they could stop/delay this in order to get bbb passed

A handful failed and now theyve voted against infrastructure

"well I would have but..." - it don't matter, you didnt

It's not enough to support this for now and try again next time, nope. We're a "rotten country"

🙄

And the alt right, calling her “based”….another co-opted word they think they created, and use wrong smh

giphy-downsized.gif

Back
Top Bottom