***Official Political Discussion Thread***

How long until conservatives start talking about defunding PBS again?

PBS gets 15% of its funding from the federal government.

da17a01e35_Funding_PieChart_NewBrand.png

There is a kernel of truth to effective propaganda.
you just don't want to see it because you are too concerned with defending progressives.
The kernel of truth in propaganda is "these extreme people exist among the left;" the questionable claim in propaganda is "and they are about to take over (or, have taken over) the left."

Your original comment took an extreme example and extrapolated about their number and omnipresence among democrats. When a few posters asked to know whether you had evidence that justified your claim, you said that nobody would make the same request if you said that police officers are becoming more conservative.

telling people that their concerns are fake fox news propaganda is not really an argument.
When people can't get into the specifics of the issues they're concerned about (most of these anti-CRT people can't define what CRT is), it is fair, legitimate, and healthy to question how they came to their conclusions. If their stance is the result of overexposure to false messaging, it is a good thing to tell them that their concerns are not real, and it is necessary for democracy to call out the kind of information and the sources these voters rely on to make their decisions.

Did people just go through their whole lives and forget how the vaccines and boosters they took worked? Why are we debating and acting brand new about **** we should be well aware of? **** is stupid.

this been building up with the trend of anti-vaxx momfluencers refusing the newborn shots, then combined with GOP brainwashing you got the perfect storm for COVIDiocracy. Dunning-Kruger is a real problem these folks paying with their lives or their kids lives.

this been building up with the trend of anti-vaxx momfluencers refusing the newborn shots, then combined with GOP brainwashing you got the perfect storm for COVIDiocracy. Dunning-Kruger is a real problem these folks paying with their lives or their kids lives.

I just had a CHP officer tell me he got covid the other day because he was mandated to get the vaccine. He said that he didn't get covid the past two years without being vaccinated, and now that he got the vaccine, it was EASIER for his body to get it, and that is why he contracted it.

You can't reason with stupid.

The kernel of truth in propaganda is "these extreme people exist among the left;" the questionable claim in propaganda is "and they are about to take over (or, have taken over) the left."

I didn't say this,

Your original comment took an extreme example and extrapolated about their number and omnipresence among democrats.

I didn't say that either.

When a few posters asked to know whether you had evidence that justified your claim, you said that nobody would make the same request if you said that police officers are becoming more conservative.

my claim, "teachers as group have moved to the left over the years, thus the percetage of that group that is extreme are more likely to be on the left"

and I provided evidence when asked. women,

young people and College educated professionals have moved to the left over the last 20 years.
74% of teachers are college educated professional women.
thus it's highly likely that they are subject to the same demographic trends of the rest of the country.

If you stop making things up, and read what I say, this confusion you seem to have can be easily avoided.

When people can't get into the specifics of the issues they're concerned about (most of these anti-CRT people can't define what CRT is), it is fair, legitimate, and healthy to question how they came to their conclusions. If their stance is the result of overexposure to false messaging, it is a good thing to tell them that their concerns are not real, and it is necessary for democracy to call out the kind of information and the sources these voters rely on to make their decisions.

How did that work for T-Mac?

If you are a politician, I think generally always political malpractice to dismiss the concerns of swing voters as totally fake.

So someone can't analyze a situation honestly because they are too preoccupied with taking a side regarding progressives. Hmmmm.....
giphy.gif

the difficulty you have understanding,
that person can have honest disagreements with progressive movement is consistently hilarious.

yall come in here everyday and repeat "conservatives are bad" in 50 million different ways.
half the thread is mehdi hassan tweets saying "conservatives are bad"
with occasional break to toss in a "Robert Reich" tweet that says "conservatives are very bad"

nobody says;
"why are you so obsessed with conservatives"
"your just mad at some conservative at are work so you're taking it out on us"
"you're just repeating bad faith left wing talking points"

when this T-Mac loss, I saw a bunch of pronouncements that CRT backlash was purely racism.
nobody asked for evidence, nobody said "well you're really making an assumption".

but if I say something slightly contrary to whatever Joy Ried has been tweeting for the past two days.

I need a bibliography and a works cited page and

1Oah.gif

but yes yes im the one who is "preoccupied" :lol:

gry60 gry60 entire rebuttal is just responding to things he made up and i never said.

but nah nah nah, im the one who can't look at things honestly. :lol:

dacomeup dacomeup in the total electoral wreckage of the defund the police slogan and is posting tweets about how maybe it's the best thing for the movement.

but no no, nah I guess im just some dummy radicalized by people at my work blah blah.
I can't see the situation clearly.

okay man yall got it. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom