***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I mean dude just wanted to make a "don't alienate voters take" but his analysis goes well beyond reasonable. That liberals and progressives (Not just the Democratic Party, but everyone) must all coordinate to make sure people voting for the fact feel comfortable and coddled.

Then he drops this banger...

I knew that the same characters would not resist jumping on the blame progressives train.

Like a hole in this plan is that white people can have a moral panic again, threaten to vote for the fascist again, and shut down any discussion again.

And the error being done right now is simply explaining the other side is lying

This is what he had an issue with...

Goof grief

Last edited:

I would think that this country would poll like this regardless of who is in office. Because a lot of what is going on, if not the majority, is agnostic to whoever is president.

The pandemic presented kind of unique social and economic struggles that we as a society really weren't prepared for, outside of having seen similar viruses and having worked on the mRNA vaccine tech for years.

I mean the last global pandemic was over 100 years ago. Society has changed for better and for worse since then, hence the current/unique challenges. That said, it isn't up to one leader to end the pandemic...it takes a village, in short.

But i credit biden for leading urgency in areas where we needed it the most (getting financial aid to people, listening to the scientists/medical community and NOT undermining them with denial or bs theories/treatments, driving a vaccine initiative to get the numbers under control so we can climb back to normalcy).

that said, a lot of social issues/events have transpired and that has made people feel one way or the other (there is really one way u should feel about it...so yea)
and with how divisive our society has been of late, I'm sure people hold all this against the presidency.

lastly, i think that one or way or the other, and I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir in this thread, people will ultimately blame the president for the government's inability to accomplish anything.

i think congress as a whole is hot trash. these mfers couldn't pass gas, let a lone any marginal helpful legislation.

in the end I'm not expecting much from govt these days. so u know for damn sure the US will not help Haiti with all their chaos right now.

Then he drops this banger...

LOL @ "the story ends here."

Even if the US balkanizes/becomes an authoritarian country, the story will continue.

There's always plenty of time to solve issues for those who don't experience them. The problem with these types is that for those who suffer, the shape of the oppressor/type of oppression doesn't matter. You can't convince those folks to help you out if you don't show them what the system you benefit from can do for them.

Listen, I am perfectly OK with Democrats doing what they need to do to win elections. Especially pushing slogans and talking points I personally feel are a bit ********

But in return, I expect them to use their political power to improve the material conditions for people. When they don't do that, I get pissed. And I get pissed at specific people doing the worse damage

And the people stopping this plan to work is not mainly progressive, it is centrists

How many times have I heard "let us focus on pocketbook issues", "let us a message on economics", "Let talk about unity"

The Dems leadership does all those things. But when it comes time to deliver the saboteurs in the center refuse to deliver.

And then the cycle repeats, progressive now need to make sure they moderate their language, so we can win elections, so we can pass things. But oh yeah, a few clowns will kill the last part.

It has gotten to the point now that explicit language is not the issue, but framing it. Small differences in word choice. Like, don't mention something that closes the racial wealth gap.

But then, these same people want me to believe it is not about racism :lol:

Like if you told me that all we needed to do to lock in majorities that would deliver legislation to help Americans of all walks of like, AND, allow for a more robust discussion of discrimination is to coddle white people for four election cycles, I would happily take that deal.

I would happily shut the hell up for 8 years if the rewards were guaranteed. it would be stupid not to take the deal

But that is not gonna happen, people know it is not gonna happen, all these dudes demanding progressive and liberals outside of the Democratic Party adhere to a level of message discipline unseen in modern politics (especially on the left) know it won't happen

So that is where you think Matty Ygleais think pieces in the Atlantic talking about how an imaginary coalition of moderates can govern effectively in America.

Because when you harp about something so much, and you know it is partly based on a BS assumption, you need to cover your *** as well when those centrists act exactly how the people you've been criticizing warned you they would act.

Last edited:

I would say he has put a tremendous amount of focus on the global pandemic

do you think there is a bigger current problem than the virus that has killed millions of people?

O climate change is another huge issue.. since the world about to even more seriously f’d

I would say he has put a tremendous amount of focus on the global pandemic

do you think there is a bigger current problem than the virus that has killed millions of people?

O climate change is another huge issue.. since the world about to even more seriously f’d

Climate change and the pandemic are certainly big issues.

I think he’s done okay given the circumstances. I was pleasantly surprised that the infrastructure deal passed.

I think that the biggest issue with his approval rating/polling is the messaging. Wins need to be louder and framed better. Progressives (especially the 6 who voted no to the infrastructure bill knowing it would still pass) need to wait until they get the needed legislation passed to be as vocal as they are.

Biden got a monumental piece of legislation passed, and the message is “it should have been done sooner,” “it isn’t enough, we really need BBB passed,” and “this is really a bipartisan win for all of Congress” despite only a few Republicans voting for it.

This is a messaging problem.

As kareem points out, it is a stupidity issue

BE16D983-7DE2-4C8B-B2E9-7ECF440952C7.jpeg

name bigger issues

this a stupidity issue and people you supported for years directly contributed are continuing to contribute to both of these major issues that has killed millions and will probably billions of people

I didn’t say there were bigger issues.

And as long as people you deem stupid are allowed to vote, then messaging that caters to people you deem stupid is smart politics.

I didn’t say there were bigger issues.

And as long as people you deem stupid are allowed to vote, then messaging that caters to people you deem stupid is smart politics.

empower stupid people, sounds great for America and the world

imagine listening to joe rogan who dropped out of college rather than someone with an actual medical degree

empower stupid people, sounds great for America and the world

imagine listening to joe rogan who dropped out of college rather than someone with an actual medical degree

Do you think that people you deem stupid should be prevented from voting?

Do you think that people you deem stupid should be prevented from voting?

did I say anything that asinine?

No, I didn’t

I said empowering stupid, like joe Rogan or Donald trump, is going screw this planet and all those who live on it

Back
Top Bottom