***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If you are serious, this is clearly fan fiction.

If it is a joke, it was a poorly told one

But keep acting like a clown to try to show you are the only one being logical

Anyway if we just trading jokes from now one, I know I will enjoy it more than you will :D

Again, have a nice night

ah you missed the edit i see., i knew i should have put the warning before you start the rusty routine again

a warning label before Rusty asks me to quote when he called me a "pathetic clown"
this hyperbole for the purposes of comedy

I REPEAT hyperbole for the purposes of comedy :lol:

walked right into it. :lol:

ah you missed the edit i see., i knew i should have put the warning before you start the rusty routine again

walked right into it. :lol:
I walked right into something you claimed to be doing after the fact...

you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

Damn Osh, you outchea playing 48763485875639864-dimensional chest on folk

We nEeD tO mOduLaTe tHE MesSaGe tO aPpeAl to SwiNg VoteRs

As the Overton window continuously shifts towards open right wing extremism, I wonder how we will define centrists if we get where the Right wants to take us.

so this reddit posts means democrats don't need to appeal to swing voters?
how do you figure? what's your evidence for that assumption?

please provide in MLA style. no ilo's

I just want to see the reaction from certain NTers if it happens

:lol:
There was a similar reunion on sorts that happened between the KKK and Marcus Garvey about facilitating the return of Black Americans to Africa. At the same time, Liberians were living in a black version of the antebellum south, which eventually culminated in the civil war of the 1990s.

Bigotry knows no bounds and definitely no color.

so this reddit posts means democrats don't need to appeal to swing voters?
Did I say that Democrats don't need to appeal to swing voters, or did I say...

When people can't get into the specifics of the issues they're concerned about (most of these anti-CRT people can't define what CRT is), it is fair, legitimate, and healthy to question how they came to their conclusions. If their stance is the result of overexposure to false messaging, it is a good thing to tell them that their concerns are not real, and it is necessary for democracy to call out the kind of information and the sources these voters rely on to make their decisions.
?
That reddit post is what happens when you chase the swing vote with no regard for how the political center gets constantly redefined by Republicans, who excel at shaping public opinion and driving the political narrative.

?
That reddit post is what happens when you chase the swing vote with no regard for how the political center gets constantly redefined by Republicans, who excel at shaping public opinion and driving the political narrative.
He is gonna say he was joking :lol:

?

"We nEeD tO mOduLaTe tHE MesSaGe tO aPpeAl to SwiNg VoteRs"

this internet writing style is generally used to indicate sarcasm, and mock that statement as being obviously untrue.
if this wasn't your intent you should clarify.

so if it's untrue that democrats should modulate their message to appeal to what should they do?

and what is you evidence that the Overton window on right wing extremis has shifted?
how would you even measure it, overton window isn't a scientific concept. it's just a concept in a francis fukayama book.

extreme right political rhetoric isn't new, David duke ran for senate multiple times in the 90's
has the Overton window really shifted to the right and how would you even measure if it has?

again please MLA format.

Last edited:
And if you need that someone’s vote, then you should create a message that resonates with them. Especially if they are a swing voter.

As long as one side doesn’t think it is worth it to create messages that resonate with voters they deem stupid, the other side will continue to capitalize on it.
Can you give some examples of how one would cater messages towards the crowds that think racism doesn’t exist and that climate change is a hoax?

When Republicans stormed the Captiol to overturn an election they lost by around 6 million votes, that’s a pretty sure bet the Overton Window has shifted.
I fondly remember the president praising Timothy McVeigh on YouTube the night of the bombing: "We love you, Timmy. You’re very special. You’ve seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel."

Remember when senators visited McVeigh in jail and called him a political prisoner? I do:

Remember when leaders of foreign nations echoed the same sentiment about McVeigh? I do:

Back
Top Bottom