***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I found a protest you’d enjoy attending and white people are guaranteed to be in the front!

A228259A-2A55-44CC-B7C1-1470952932F0.jpeg
You know what?

I would love to see NPR or any other investigative outlet track down some of the people who appear in such pictures, just so we can get an updated perspective from the OG snowflakes. That would be a welcome change from the expected election season, breakfast joint visit in MAGAland

It was obvious from the moment he instructed that the victims of Kyle couldn't be referred to as "victims" during proceedings, but allowed "rioters" to stand.

It's all bull****.
I really hope there are no sharp objects or rope left in Kyle's cell tonight.

Like I said last night. The clown is trying to kill it...

Manchin is such an ***. So he voted yes on the bill he said caused inflation.

Then voted for an infrastructure bill that added to the deficit

Now won't back a spending bill that will be paid for and last a decade

He outchea citing Larry Summers to back up his point. But Larry Summers in on TV saying Manchin and Sinema should pass the BBB as soon as possible. That it would be good for the economy.

This dude is a POS

I'm not familiar enough with self defense law but to me just the fact that he went there with an illegal firearm should be plenty for a lengthy jail sentence, just logically speaking. His lawyers are trying to argue that his gun possession was legal under some hunting law, which is just ridiculous even if correct. The guy's just a psycho who wanted to play vigilante, there's no other intent to be there in the first place.

It was probably enough there to be self defense.

That said, this judge has made some beyond questionable rulings.

Also, I generally think that constantly referring to alleged victims as victims during a trial is bad for criminal defendants who should be presumed innocent. But the judge allowing them to be referred to as rioters instead is a wild ruling. The outcome he wants is clear.

Like I said last night. The clown is trying to kill it...

Manchin is such an ***. So he voted yes on the bill he said caused inflation.

Then voted for an infrastructure bill that added to the deficit

Now won't back a spending bill that will be paid for and last a decade

He outchea citing Larry Summers to back up his point. But Larry Summers in on TV saying Manchin and Sinema should pass the BBB as soon as possible. That it would be good for the economy.

This dude is a POS

it's all ********

I was browsing the comments on IG and just wanted to ask Rusty:

is this you? :lol: (avi looked funny)
20211110_225115.jpg
20211110_225153.jpg

The media has done a horrible job of talking about inflation and contextualizing it.

First and foremost, it’s a problem of persistently low and stagnant wages. If wages had gone up by, let’s say, 8%, then a 6.5% increase in the cost of living is not a problem.

It’s a sad state of affairs that our body politic cannot imagine every worker getting prompt wage increases that at least match inflation. It’s just baked in apparently. The only option for a majority of workers is to have the Fed raise rates, have other workers lose their jobs and hope that we either have deflation that’s driven by a lack of consumer demand because now most workers are either unemployed or in fear of being unemployed.

There’s also the media’s near total indifference towards tuition, student loans, rent, health insurance premiums, out of pocket costs for people with health insurance, and the fact that a decent retirement requires more and more of a person’s lifetime earnings. All of these policy failures make a select few very rich and those select few often times fund the media. But let’s all freak out when a family of 11 pays more for milk every month. It costs $96 additional dollars a month to feed those enormous kids, we can’t just use the child tax credit to pay for that. We can’t just use fiscal policy to help people, no, we have to raise rates and forego economic stimulus and human infrastructure all to get 10-15 million of the most marginalized people to lose their jobs and maybe they’ll take lower paying jobs in disease ridden dairies and slaughter houses and then maybe, just maybe the companies that supply milk and meat will reduce their prices and middle class households can buy their 48 gallons of milk per month again.

Lastly, we know the media don’t care about hardships caused by inflation because in every other context, their response to people struggling to pay for things is that those people need to budget better or work an additional job. Every story about inflation is just an invitation for austerity and hard money and that pain will disproportionately fall on the most vulnerable.

To be clear, inflation causes problem and it causes problems to those most at the margins and the “solution” that you’ll see from the majority of our politicians and the media will be to raise rates and harm those very same people at the margin.

I agree those of us in high to middle-high white collar jobs aren’t even phased by inflation as much. And since there are worker shortages people are leaving for new opportunities for 20-40% raises. But people in the lower end of the spectrum are getting boned hard. We make more, our mortgage is the same, a little extra gas price is still a pinch only. But the lower end spectrum, I don’t even want to try to live that way.

Back
Top Bottom