***Official Political Discussion Thread***

There's serious reasons why it's a bad idea, and he certainly owes us nothing, but I'm enjoying the fantasy of the high troll value of Barack getting a lifetime position.

If the court's gonna be political, may as well have one of the best politicians in recent memory...

Plus, no concern of sexual harassment from Clarence...

The way the rocking side to side in their chair accelerates as the clip goes on :lol:

Damn they're going for their neck from the r/antiwork subreddit:

"This moron just gave the right every stereotype in their playback to help destroy what is otherwise a movement that needs to happen. Heard this same person is banning people who criticize him. Pathetic"

EDIT - Dude hasn't even make up his bed...cmon bruh.

Last edited:
That subreddit can be a bit of a cluster**** at times.

There's a ton of valid posts regarding workers' rights and exposing exploitative practices, but there's also a lot of nonsensical/delusional musings from posters that think like the mod in question.
I'd say the ratio of smh/nmh is about 7/3.

Honestly, most of the posts there make me cringe. I hate judging people...I really do. But that sub is proof that there are people with loser mentalities in life.

Breyer clearly reads this thread and saw my discussions with gry60 gry60 and @Wargames regarding kicking Manchin out of the party and the Dems needing him to appoint judges, and he decided to help my *** out :smokin

Feeling like a Soundcloud rapper after Drake hops on my track
Breyer probably is Delk and is just trolling this thread.

That subreddit can be a bit of a cluster**** at times.

There's a ton of valid posts regarding workers' rights and exposing exploitative practices, but there's also a lot of nonsensical/delusional musings from posters that think like the mod in question.
That's all of reddit in general. You'll read something fairly normal (?) Then some crazy out of nowhere. Makes me never want to meet internet people.

I gotta say looking at american dysfunction, I've been underrating Canada's supreme court system.

Mandatory retirement at age 75
ain't gotta worry about the ego of a ossified octogenarian narcissists

and I would bet less than 0.001% of canadians can name a single member of the Canadian supreme court.
So much better that way. :lol:

The Supreme Court is too powerful

And this is extremely bad for American because reactionaries have had control of the court more often than not

The Supreme Court's positive reputation in the public seems to me to be built on the back of the actions of the Warren Court, and probably a few other decisions. However, a liberal majority on the court has been rare.

It is even worse for America because the GOP can successfully cripple the legislative branch and make the SCOTUS the de facto legislative arm of the country

Term limits should be put in place but there need to be more powerful reforms to the court. But those need to be made together with pro-democratic reforms to the electoral system

The judicial review power of the Supreme court in America is probably too much

Last edited:
Anyone that doesn't think the Supreme Court is affected by politics is either ignorant or a damn liar

I mean looking at the history of the court should be enough, but in modern times are we really gonna act like the Federalist Society is just trying to get the most qualified judges they can on the bench, regardless of ideology :lol:

They have whole damn conventions with Republicans attending, openly talking about using the court to force their politics onto the country

Neil Gorsuch did a damn thank you tour with conservative groups for putting him on the Supreme Court.

Dark money groups funded the last few nominations

That's all of reddit in general. You'll read something fairly normal (?) Then some crazy out of nowhere. Makes me never want to meet internet people.
Varies on the sub Reddit but yea lol

I mainly follow r/fashion, r/sneakers, r/sys to name a few and it’s pretty informative for the most part

The Supreme Court is too powerful

And this is extremely bad for American because reactionaries have had control of the court more often than not

The Supreme Court's positive reputation in the public seems to me to be built on the back of the actions of the Warren Court. However, a liberal majority on the court has been rare.

It is even worse for America because the GOP can successfully cripple the legislative branch and make the SCOTUS the de facto legislative arm of the country

Term limits should be put in place but there need to be more powerful reforms to the court. But those need to be made together with pro-democratic reforms to the electoral system

The judicial review power of the Supreme court in America is probably too much
It’s honestly outdated just like most laws and policies

It’s not a political position. That’s why there are lifetime appointments.

The Justices have repeatedly addressed the issue with over-politicizing the court.
:stoneface:
So you believe what people say and not what they do or have done? You trump supporters are really all the same lol
Also, It's clearly a political position...and that's why it shouldn't be a lifetime position.

A BLACK WOMAN.

I can't wait for those Republican Tears!

south-park.gif

Eh

7ueZlzMC_400x400.jpg

oceanmam-dr-umar.gif

Back
Top Bottom