***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If she is gonna piss off both white conservatives, and Umar types, then that is a massive plus for me

Not gonna lie...when I saw her husband:

Sit.gif

The Supreme Court is too powerful

It's always been crazy to me how quickly Congress lost the tremendous power granted to them by the Constitution. Only 15 years to Marbury vs. Madison and then only another 25 years before Andrew Jackson takes both houses over his knee.

But as much as I agree with you, I am not nearly smart enough to figure out how to nerf judicial review because...

The Supreme Court's positive reputation in the public seems to me to be built on the back of the actions of the Warren Court, and probably a few other decisions. However, a liberal majority on the court has been rare.

... the significance of the Warren court in advancing civil rights is no small thing. Absent its sweeping rulings, it's quite possible that the current round of attacks wouldn't even be necessary.

While liberal courts have been rare, I think the disregard for stare decisis from the six justices on the right is a real change in the calculus of the Supreme's power. At least, in the past, their power was checked by their own past.

They going wild in Canada. The 29th could be like the 6th...

Got clown *** Canadians saying let's go Brandon too lmao. ******* south park heads.

groceries are about to be even more expensive in Canada. :lol:

these dudes aren't going to back down and they have raised 5 million dollars.

What am I looking at here exactly?
The oldest moderator of r/antiwork.

The sub was originally created by and for people who want to abolish work, but over the last 6 months or so, it became the online rallying point (at least on Reddit) of underpaid and overworked folks. If you've seen articles or heard about the Great Resignation, stories to illustrate the phenomenon were often sourced from that subreddit.

Fox News decided to interview someone from there, and the moderator on the screen decided to accept the offer despite widespread disagreement from the community. It was not the first time they were approached for an interview or official statement, and due to the leaderless nature of the sub, participants didn't want to have someone give a public statement on behalf of the members for fear of creating a negative perception of the sub, which is exactly what the moderator has done.

groceries are about to be even more expensive in Canada. :lol:

these dudes aren't going to back down and they have raised 5 million dollars.
Love and unity but they can't take a vaccine or wear a mask for their fellow Canadian.

Wanna bet Koch is involved?

The sub was originally created by and for people who want to abolish work, but over the last 6 months or so, it became the online rallying point (at least on Reddit) of underpaid and overworked folks. If you've seen articles or heard about the Great Resignation, stories to illustrate the phenomenon were often sourced from that subreddit.

Fox News decided to interview someone from there, and the moderator on the screen decided to accept the offer despite widespread disagreement from the community. It was not the first time they were approached for an interview or official statement, and due to the leaderless nature of the sub, participants didn't want to have someone give a public statement on behalf of the members for fear of creating a negative perception of the sub, which is exactly what the moderator has done.

Yikes this is worst than I expected.

I can't imagine what crazy **** Dr Umar gunna say when Kamala is the democratic nominee.

I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

Love and unity but they can't take a vaccine or wear a mask for their fellow Canadian.

Wanna bet Koch is involved?

probably is, they got their hands all over trucking.

I'm pro vaccine but these mandates aren't going to work. you're not going to mandate your way out of the pandemic.

people will just quit and there isn't exactly a long list of people willing to drive cross country. especially across borders.

they asked me at work if I would be willing to help out if we lost people due to a mandate and I said f no, no way in hell I'm working more because of someone who didn't get vaccinated. I'll quit too. :lol:

I can't imagine what crazy **** Dr Umar gunna say when Kamala is the democratic nominee.

I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.
I know a lot of what Dr Umar says is unpopular. But I can't say I totally disagree with his stance on interracial marriage. I take it as a perspective on possible wealth and power being taken out of the black community, not necessarily because he is hateful towards white people.
I also understand why his opinion can be taken negatively.

Well now that you described it…that’s exactly what I expected him and his room to look like.

This is like watching the High school football player bully the monster energy drink and heelys kid.

Back
Top Bottom