***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The conservative right is scary as **** right now

So-called reasonable conservatives are turning MAGA out of fear and wanting short term political gain

And conservative white people are rejecting them because they are not unhinged enough

Peter Thiel to the rescue

Shocking... I know

How much more racism does Alabama need?
more-kobe-bryant.gif

Supreme Court 3 years ago: We don’t want to be involved in State level matters involving voting and gerrymandering, we will leave it to the States

Supreme Court today: Well actually...

They technically haven’t decided the outcome, just allowed the districts to be used pending challenge. But the decision suggests they know the outcome (gutting Article II of the VRA when they get the case)

Peter Thiel is basically Forbes List David Duke

The Republicans are so good at projection, that just by loudly accusing the left of anything, they can will a bizarro world conservative analog into reality.

It's pre-projection.

Democrats run a pedophile sex ring! => Gaetz
Hollywood elite use the tissue of dead children to stay young => DJT gets gene therapy for COVID derived from aborted fetus tissue
Obama is too lenient with Iran's nuclear program => Trump makes Kim his BFF
George Soros is a radical billionaire hell bent on buying his agenda => Peter Thiel

My wife and I have a countdown timer. Whenever Fox News goes off on some bizarre accusation, we start counting how long until it's revealed that someone on the right had been doing it all along.

It's the husband who uses his paranoid delusions that his wife is cheating to justify an affair.

Does anyone have a suspicion as to Thiels motives?

I know a little, I know he's trying to use his influence in the UK and Europe
I know he has backed several candidates
I also know he's a very bright guy

But what is he after? I miss the Koch brothers who were transparent and obviously wanted to drill and have immigrants for cheap labor.

Trump judges said "you have time, redraw the map"

The Alabama GOP and Democratic party both have maps that will satisfy the requests.

And 5 reactionaries on the Supreme Court were like "nah"

Does anyone have a suspicion as to Thiels motives?

I know a little, I know he's trying to use his influence in the UK and Europe
I know he has backed several candidates
I also know he's a very bright guy

But what is he after? I miss the Koch brothers who were transparent and obviously wanted to drill and have immigrants for cheap labor.

In his own words. From 2009 (I wonder what unique political figure, was democratically elected to the highest office in the land in 2009 “hint hint)

0692A188-0D9D-409C-8027-3F85908B0247.png

he’s been very clear is ambitions and goals from the start. Nothing has changed :lol:. He wants what all of them want. Consolidated power in the hands of a few wealthy white men in the “west”, who “know better”.

973920A1-2E0E-4264-B434-5D09C16569C4.png

He’s been working overtime lately. **** bout to get ugly.

That is a horrible way to frame what seemingly is a smart program

People are overdosing like crazy

The administration wants to give money to nonprofits that try to prevent even more collateral by not criminalizing drug users

The kits are just one of the things the nonprofits can spend their money on

And what is told to the public is this nonsense

its hard af to overdose off crack.

I’m assuming it’s something along the lines of fentanyl test kits?

End the war on drugs and make weed federally legal.

its hard af to overdose off crack.

I’m assuming it’s something along the lines of fentanyl test kits?

End the war on drugs and make weed federally legal.
-They are grants, the nonprofits can be spending the money on a list of things. If they want to spend it all on Narcan, or testing kits, it seems like they can do that. It is just an option

-The point of the kits is to turn people away from injecting drugs, which increases the risk of overdose

-Also to lowers other forms of infections, and leads to other health complication

-While I support ending the war on drugs and making weed federally legal. Those are kinda separate issues

Addicts will still seek drugs, and weed won't be used as a substitute

This is a more targeted intervention to users of narcotics

Back
Top Bottom