***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1644371009235.png

In the comments, Republicans are accusing him of having fomented the scheme for public sympathy.

"Shut up and be our token republican" :rofl:

And he cosponsored this bill too:

Blackman also wants to require a new voter ID card, which would require a passport or citizenship certificate and other documents, to vote. On top of that, anyone voting in person would also need either fingerprints or a “unique security code” issued to the voter.

It's a hurdle to keep people from voting​

Don’t tell me this isn’t a blatant hurdle to discourage people, especially minorities, the poor and Native Americans from voting.

The proposed legislation, House Bill 2577, would replace existing voter ID requirements, including driver’s licenses and all forms of tribal IDs.

Damn!

The purpose of the program is to support community-based overdose prevention programs, syringe services programs, and other harm reduction services. Funding will be used to enhance overdose and other types of prevention activities to help control the spread of infectious diseases and the consequences of such diseases for individuals with, or at risk of developing substance use disorders (SUD), support distribution of FDA-approved overdose reversal medication to individuals at risk of overdose, build connections for individuals at risk for, or with, a SUD to overdose education, counseling, and health education, refer individuals to treatment for infectious diseases, such as HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and viral hepatitis, and encourage such individuals to take steps to reduce the negative personal and public health impacts of substance use or misuse…
I think we should keep locking folks up instead of providing these opportunities to save and change a lives imo. That's just me though
manny.png

I wonder if people would view this program as so useful if it was placed in the middle of their neighborhoods? neighborhoods that are about double to triple the poverty rates compared to other neighborhoods

I wonder if people would view this program as so useful if it was placed in the middle of their neighborhoods? neighborhoods that are about double to triple the poverty rates compared to other neighborhoods
I see it everyday and it's helpful. I work for a provider that practices alot of this type of outreach so I've seen the benefit on a personal level for clients getting their lives together and being able to support themselves. I have no issues with it in my neighborhood
9zy7x0_th (2).png

i used to live in Steven’s square, Minneapolis heads know.

You find a overdosed dead body in a bush one day (true story) and the next you’re calling the fire department because someone is just walking in front of you and collapses and needs narcan.

It can’t get any worse than it already is.

It's funny how the insurrectionists with classified intel are the ones calling it what it was :lol:

Back
Top Bottom