***Official Political Discussion Thread***

that video basically sums up all of Minneapolis and why I'm so sick of the yard sign libs here.

we got the worst police in the country and they won't do anything about it, they all ***** and cry and put up yard signs then vote to keep the police. the people here disgust me, they have no back bone.

they're constantly fighting the light rail and other public transit too.

Local groups working with drug users advocate for some money to help them serve the community

They get it

This should be seen as a positive

Instead, it is discussed as Biden buys cracks pipes in the name of racial equality.

Nastiness all around
I expect white people to fall for the bs
I'm just disappointed in the people of color who do
They should know better

They should know better
They should

But a lot of dudes are low information

Look at how the thing about Hillary's hot sauce, or Kamala's choice of music, of Pelsoi wearing Kente cloth, are repeated on NT as reasons to not trust the Dems

Even after people correct them and give them context (Hillary has been collecting hot sauce for decades and was repeating a joke a staffer makes, Kamala's answered honestly it was just a quirk of a multi-person discussion that makes it sound weird, Pelosi was asked to do that by black people she was on her way to present one of the most sweeping Civil Rights Bills to the public) the same people will repeat these things over and over and over.

Some people are just easy marks. They want things to confirm their priors. No matter how ill-informed it might be

Last edited:
Nimby seems to be bipartisan phenomenon

You are right, NIMBYISM stretches across the political spectrum. Across race, class, and geographical lines.

Sidenote though, I feel it important to bring up since you ignored it in the NBA thread.

Also since you are a Bernie supporter, it should be pointed out racism is a bipartisan phenomenon also...
It’s not good, v.

Quick look into my dossier…

His first post in the Ahmaud Arbery thread
54549D5E-6914-4624-93F1-4C62FAB588E4.jpeg

In regards to Sterling being racist
436B6C39-5EA0-4606-B125-2388BDC97F42.jpeg

On black neighborhoods vs white neighborhoods
A1AA5305-435F-4555-B0B2-BC450729CDF6.jpeg

On middle eastern people being in public = terrorists
03E6857D-CB28-4B9E-8271-A9BD75DF01F5.jpeg

Spoiler alert, the fbi determined they were just students, with no link to terrorist groups.

They should know better

And it sucks…because you don’t wanna feel like you’re coming off as a Democrat apologist….they for sure got hella issues

But the lies are so damn blatant and constant coming from the right wing ecosystem and everything in between..that it becomes almost hopeless/on deaf ears.

And it sucks…because you don’t wanna feel like you’re coming off as a Democrat apologist….they for sure got hella issues

But the lies are so damn blatant and constant coming from the right wing ecosystem and everything in between..that it becomes almost hopeless/on deaf ears.
I HATE when people force me into positions where I have to go "Well actually..." when it comes to the democrat party because I don't like their asses either

There are so many legitimate criticisms that I will gleefully agree with, but people just like choosing right wing ridiculousness because it's easily digestible so it's easy to regurgitate

I always have to feel my friends like that

"There are a lot of legitimate things to be mad at the Democrats for, but you never mention any of those things"

I just dislike all of the Government. I understand the need for one, and don’t have any idea of another way to “govern” the people, but the US Government is corrupt as hell on both sides.

Often times it comes across as a giant circus that doesn’t actually want to work for the common person at all.

I just dislike all of the Government. I understand the need for one, and don’t have any idea of another way to “govern” the people, but the US Government is corrupt as hell on both sides.

Often times it comes across as a giant circus that doesn’t actually want to work for the common person at all.
This both sides stuff is bad too, they are the cousins of right-wing talking points

Last edited:
Over....

90% of the Democratic Party is committed to expanding the welfare state giving the middle class a massive boost

90% of them are committed to expanding the regulatory state to protect and expand civil right

People have every right to be frustrated and mad it doesn't get done. Corporate capture is a problem within the Democratic Party beyond the marginal centrist

But they are not as bad as the GOP, nowhere ******* close

People need to stop acting like they are with these sloppy both sides takes

Good grief

I’m in the our government is trash camp but I realize it’s not a mature way of handling it so I just side with democrats because I think they are a lesser threat to my freedom.

Government done so much dirt I just can’t trust them.

If money was removed from politics I’d start to believe them more.

Complaining about the Democrats in 2022 is a bit like complaining to the flight attendant that the chicken is a little dry while the plane is falling from the sky.

Part of the reason that the Democrat tent is so big is because it has to house everyone that believes in things like expert knowledge, government of the people, and equality under the law. You wouldn’t have thought that a white nationalist, totalitarian, zealot party would carry 45% of America in the 21st century… but here we are. Arguing nuance about how to hel people is important, but seems to be superfluous when the entire republic is in serious danger.

And, of course, even America won’t matter much once the ice caps are gone.

Gotta keep fighting, though.

My main beef with the democrats is the just lay down and take it.

Why isn’t Biden out here on Twitter where 99% of people get their “information” from correcting people saying he didn’t give 30 mil to smoke twack. :lol:

Like a lot of this **** is super simple. Fight back, show some aggression, don’t suck Mitch McConnell d and call him a friend.

Stuff like that.

My main beef with the democrats is the just lay down and take it.

Why isn’t Biden out here on Twitter where 99% of people get their “information” from correcting people saying he didn’t give 30 mil to smoke twack. :lol:

Like a lot of this **** is super simple. Fight back, show some aggression, don’t suck Mitch McConnell d and call him a friend.

Stuff like that.

The problem is the base you are trying to reach with your response doesn’t care because “all democrats are evil so he’s lying.” You can’t help stupid unfortunately unless they actually want to be helped.

The problem is the base you are trying to reach with your response doesn’t care because “all democrats are evil so he’s lying.” You can’t help stupid unfortunately unless they actually want to be helped.

Don’t reach out to those people. They’re a lost cause man. They are legit ****** in the head.

The people in here and outside of nt who voted Biden I’m sure would like to see him combat the lies and not suck off mitch too.

Don’t reach out to those people. They’re a lost cause man. They are legit ****ed in the head.

The people in here and outside of nt who voted Biden I’m sure would like to see him combat the lies and not suck off mitch too.

I wish they would and I wish they would call out the BS more. I wish they’d reconstitute the law they took down in the 80s which allowed the so called news networks to lie blatantly and basically created the right wing monster we have now.

Look at this ********...

This is why when Nate Silver, Matt Y, or Osh on here tells me about how progressive elite control the media I roll my eyes

The supposed left-wing media accepts the propaganda framing of a subject all the time. Then demand the Dems answer for someone that is a manufactured talking point

Tomorrow's inflation numbers will be nasty too

Last edited:

"The media class has no idea what people in red states think like, or what they care about. What their lives are like. What working three jobs to support kids without health insurance is like. They just don't know."

Maybe if they would stop voting against their own self-interest in every election, I might have some sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom