***Official Political Discussion Thread***

TCPA.gif

Will do Mr. PRESIDENT.

To their own bodies??

blaine-anderson-darren-criss.gif

TF

Again, the current laws regarding drug use, seatbelts, prostitution, etc., already regulate what individuals can do with their own body.

When we start talking viability of a baby, the question becomes at what point is it not only a decision about your own body but closer to murder of someone else.

I’m cool with exceptions for medical conditions/concerns, rape, and incest, but terminating a pregnancy 8 months in, absent those conditions or something similar, is concerning to me.

If it’s no big deal to you, cool. We can agree to disagree.

this could be a description of osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh low key :lol:

Im not a Maher watcher but I think rusty's description of Mahers is probably accurate.

but I naturally have more sympathy for him because Im much closer to him on these matters
than I am to Mehdi Hassan.

I can see how he came to this place,

Dude came up as the in that 90's-00's anti authority free speech liberal culture
and was literally canceled for violating conservative speech codes about the iraq war and 9/11

So I can see how bewildering it can be for a dude like him
who thought of progressivism as something that challenges authority and traditional values ect

to suddenly see liberals embrace certain kind of conformism.
and have all these progressives telling you to "read the room"

we can can all agree to disagree about the scale and scope of this, or whether it's good or bad.

what I don't agree with is people like Mehdi Hassan who always seem to want to imply
that complaints or concerns about these cultural shifts are like imaginary.

disagree with maher fine I get it, but this retreat to semantics seems disingenuous

critics have decided that "woke" is the term they are going to use to describe this basket
of cultural shifts. arguing about the specifics of the nomenclature seems totally besides the point.

Im not a Maher watcher but I think rusty's description of Mahers is probably accurate.

but I naturally have more sympathy for him because Im much closer to him on these matters

Dude came up as the in that 90's-00's anti authority free speech liberal culture
and was literally canceled for violating conservative speech codes about the iraq war and 9/11

who thought of progressivism as something that challenges authority and traditional values ect

we can can all agree to disagree about the scale and scope of this, or whether it's good or bad.

what I don't agree with is people like Mehdi Hassan who always seem to want to imply

disagree with maher fine I get it, but this retreat to semantics seems disingenuous

critics have decided that "woke" is the term they are going to use to describe this basket
of cultural shifts. arguing about the specifics of the nomenclature seems totally besides the point.

a rich white man complaining about having consequences for saying deplorable shh

his show doesn’t get canceled when he drops N bombs

bht gets ice cube to show up and defend him for some reason

thats who you agreeing with?

a rich white man complaining about having consequences for saying deplorable shh

his show doesn’t get canceled when he drops N bombs

bht gets ice cube to show up and defend him for some reason

thats who you agreeing with?

Describing all the ways you think Bill Maher is a bad person is a total non argument.

And imo is evidence of this conformism I'm describing.

I literally just agreed with Rusty's point
that Bill Maher is overly reactionary and become too obsessed with these issues

to the detriment of his political analysis.

But that I could understand how he arrived at this point given the shifts in the culture over the course of his career.

It's a nuanced point, it's not "I agree with everything Bill Maher says"

But your response is to detail all the way ls that Maher is bad,

and therefore I guess I'm to conclude everything he says must be wrong and bad?

Forgive me but I find that totally uncompelling.

I didn’t describe all the ways I think he’s a bad person

however a white person complaining about not being able to freely say shh AND dropping N bombs AND bringing out a black friend to use as a shield are on the list

i was just stating obvious facts above

and those facts are totally irrelevant to the point that im making.

and I don't understand what point you are making other than
"Bill Maher has done various bad things, so therefore he's wrong"

if im missing something feel free to clarify.

and those facts are totally irrelevant to the point that im making.

and I don't understand what point you are making other than
"Bill Maher has done various bad things, so therefore he's wrong"

if im missing something feel free to clarify.

you seem very defensive for me pointing out things he is and has done

Is he not white?

is he not a he?

is he not rich?

did he not say the N word?

did he not attempt to defend himself?

did he not bring his black friend out?

you seem very defensive for me pointing out things he is and has done

dude im asking you to make clear what this has to do with the point im making.

Is he not white?
yes.

is he not a he?
yes.
is he not rich?
yes
did he not say the N word?
yes
did he not attempt to defend himself?

did he not bring his black friend out?
yes

and so what? how does this refute the point I made;

"yes bill maher is a reactionary, though I can imagine how he got that way
and I have some nuanced points of agreement with him"

again it just seems like you think
successfully branding someone as bad means you've won any argument that relates to that person.

I regret to inform you that is not true.

I’m not even trying to sound dumb. But isn’t Bill Maher the same dude who was enjoying life with video vixen Karrine Steffans. Most famously l known in the rap industry as superhead.

If all that is true. Blows my mind all these years later lol.

Why I wanna watch a show where every clip of this dude is him complaining about some shhh only old rich white men should be championing

At no point do I see I clip from dudes show and think this is something I’m going to out of my way to look for to watch

even if I’m on hbo max, I can watch something actually entertaining

I don’t need to hear from an old rich white guy telling other people how to feel about shh that directly involves them

a gay person now having power to get people to stop saying the blatantly offensive things that were not that long ago very accepted ain’t a problem to me.. why do I care if I can no longer freely use words that are clearly hurtful and offensive

I’m not even trying to sound dumb. But isn’t Bill Maher the same dude who was enjoying life with video vixen Karrine Steffans. Most famously l known in the rap industry as superhead.

If all that is true. Blows my mind all these years later lol.

yup and Teanna Trump according to her I belive

IAAT should have included that in his lil Bill Maher factoid list.

"Did he not get head from Karrine "Superhead" Steffans??"

"Did he not get sloppy toppy by alleged "throat goat" "Teanna Trump???"

"boom I rest my case, he must be wrong."

Why would I know what dude is doing in the bedroom?

everything I stated was obvious

Why I wanna watch a show where every clip of this dude is him complaining about some shhh only old rich white men should be championing

At no point do I see I clip from dudes show and think this is something I’m going to out of my way to look for to watch

even if I’m on hbo max, I can watch something actually entertaining

I don’t need to hear from an old rich white guy telling other people how to feel about shh that directly involves them

a gay person now having power to get people to stop saying the blatantly offensive things that were not that long ago very accepted ain’t a problem to me.. why do I care if I can no longer freely use words that are clearly hurtful and offensive

that's fine, I don't watch the show either :lol:

this still doesn't have anything with what I said.

Like I said we can all have our opinions on whether we think cultural changes are good or bad.

if you think it's good, that's cool.
difference is the spice of life.

yup and Teanna Trump according to her I belive

IAAT should have included that in his lil Bill Maher factoid list.

"Did he not get head from Karrine "Superhead" Steffans??"

"Did he not get sloppy toppy by alleged "throat goat" "Teanna Trump???"

"boom I rest my case, he must be wrong."

That’s a Trump Train I can get on board with.

Imagine Teanna, Rusty and Ninjahood in the same room together. If Teanna was Jimmy. We could have the NT version of this pic and world peace as well.

E8E16C2D-416A-4298-A057-01153C36FBA0.jpeg

im not going into this, I don't think anyone wants that. :lol:

I think ive described my position on this stuff a lot over the past year.

based on what I’ve said above you kinda need to

Because I said I think it’s bad that a white person used the N word and used a black friend as a shield

then I said i think it’s a good thing gay people now have the power to stop certain words from being used and/or have people face consequences

you then spoke of cultural changes and disagreeing with me

so I would love to hear what you got to say on the subject

Bill Maher spent the 90s hosting another show where he ranted about 90s liberals being too sensitive and too far left, to hostile to free speech, and them being so out of touch was hurting the Democratic Party. Bush and Iraq War allowed him to repackage himself.

He complaints about wokeness now don't sound too far off about his Anti-PC stuff from the 90s

His 90s show was literally called Politically Incorrect

Bill Maher is definitely not the most good-faith actor on this subject

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom